No announcement yet.

Limerick, the Key?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just thinking back to the reference, on another thread, to MJK having possibly had some kind of speech impediment - also to her having prominent front teeth. Try sticking your front teeth over your bottom lip and saying "Kelly" - the result is Kerry or Carey. Perhaps she didn't lie about her name, but was presumed to be unable to pronounce it? It would be ironic if her name was Kerry or Carey and everyone presumed she had meant to say Kelly!

Regards, Bridewell.
    Last edited by Bridewell; 04-29-2012, 07:13 PM. Reason: Correction of Spelling & Logic
    I won't always agree but I'll try not to be disagreeable.

Comment

Originally posted by Bridewell View Post
      Just thinking back to the reference, on another thread, to MJK having possibly had some kind of speech impediment - also to her having prominent front teeth. Try sticking your front teeth over your bottom lip and saying "Kelly" - the result is Kerry or Carey. Perhaps she didn't lie about her name, but was presumed to be unable to pronounce it? It would be ironic if her name was Kerry or Carey and everyone presumed she had meant to say Kelly!
      I am now tempted to write a sketch with Barnett having echolalia, Kelly speaking like Lord Raglan, Hutchinson having a harelip, Abberline deaf in one ear, and Sergeant Badham only understanding someone speaking in a high register. I'm not joking either.

Mike
      huh?

Comment

So Bwian, you ah a woman?

Hello Michael. And which part would be acted by Michael Palin?

Cheers.
        LC

Comment

Originally posted by lynn cates View Post
          Hello Michael. And which part would be acted by Michael Palin?
          I'm playing Barnett. I see you as Badham, maybe Monty as Abberline, and Tom as Hutchinson. Kelly would be Debs. I think Palin would be just a cameo as a cat's meat seller with a blotchy face.

Mike
          huh?

Comment

Hmn. I hate to agree with Mike , but...
            http://youtu.be/GcBr3rosvNQ

Comment

"Marie Jeannette" could also be "Maree Ginette" of course, so a Mary G Kelly born in Limerick should not be discounted, in my view.
              Obviously you're thinking of the famous Victorian prostitute pop group, Marie and the Ginettes? Phil Spector wrote that hit song for them, Be My Punter, Baby.

Mike
              Last edited by The Good Michael; 04-29-2012, 09:09 PM.
              huh?

Comment

Just thinking back to the reference, on another thread, to MJK having possibly had some kind of speech impediment - also to her having prominent front teeth. Try sticking your front teeth over your bottom lip and saying "Kelly" -
                Then try shouting "Oh Murder!"

"Oh my dear.."!

"Oh Fa'der"? (Oh Father)

"Over'dere"? (Over there)

We've been on the wrong track....
                Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Originally posted by Wickerman View Post
                  Then try shouting "Oh Murder!"

"Oh my dear.."!

"Oh Fa'der"? (Oh Father)

"Over'dere"? (Over there)

I think if the poor woman was walking around with her front teeth over her bottom lip, she had more serious problems than speech impediments.

Mike
                  huh?

Comment

Or even

http://www.forvo.com/word/m%C3%A1ire/#ga

Dave

Comment

I think if the poor woman was walking around with her front teeth over her bottom lip, she had more serious problems than speech impediments.

Mike
                      _________
                      Be that as it may, the following is a post from another thread (last month) by Wickerman:

One of the press interviews mentioned Mary Kelly had either, an overbite or prominent teeth (buckteeth?).

Regards, Jon S.
                      Regards, Bridewell.

Comment

we certainly have:

Looking for Mary Kelly?
                        Mary Kelly is on Facebook. Sign up now!
                        www.facebook.com/

Comment

Not to completely loose sight of the thread, we do read that the Royal Irish Constabulary made enquiries around Limerick to trace MJK's family.

Did the RIC have offices in London?
                          One report has two members of the RIC show up at Millers Court with the Met. Police. How did they get there so quick, and what could they have been there to do?

According to history, the RIC were the rural police in Ireland so the responsibility would fall on them to make enquiries around Limerick. However, history also tells us that the RIC received less than helpful cooperation around the country.
                          The rural populace did not trust the RIC because it was they who had been given the task of enforcing eviction orders across Ireland in the mid 19th century.

So maybe their search for MJK's family was significantly hampered by poor relations with the people.
                          But once again, why would two of their officers turn up at Millers Court?

Regards, Jon S.
                          Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Originally posted by Wickerman View Post
                            Not to completely loose sight of the thread, we do read that the Royal Irish Constabulary made enquiries around Limerick to trace MJK's family.

Did the RIC have offices in London?
                            One report has two members of the RIC show up at Millers Court with the Met. Police. How did they get there so quick, and what could they have been there to do?

According to history, the RIC were the rural police in Ireland so the responsibility would fall on them to make enquiries around Limerick. However, history also tells us that the RIC received less than helpful cooperation around the country.
                            The rural populace did not trust the RIC because it was they who had been given the task of enforcing eviction orders across Ireland in the mid 19th century.

So maybe their search for MJK's family was significantly hampered by poor relations with the people.
                            But once again, why would two of their officers turn up at Millers Court?

Regards, Jon S.

Perhaps they were already in London for the Parnell Inquiry proceedings and were invited to Miller's Court?

Comment

Originally posted by Cogidubnus View Post
                              Hi Debs

I thought I just did!

Dave
                              Hi Dave.
                              There were a few Welsh born Scots Guards. Still looking through them.

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen Thomas View Post
                                Hi Debra

In your wonderful research have you ever found anybody born in Ireland with French
                                first names, like Marie instead of Mary? And were there very many Janes born in Ireland.

I always imagined Marie Jeanette was a prostitute trade name, a bit of Oo La La as the Brits say though this is actually pronounced Oh La La in France
                                Hi Stephen.
                                There were 89972 women named Jane and 1200 women named Marie in the 1901 Irish census and just 48 named Jeanette. Jeanette was quite common in Scotland though.

Comment

Working...
                                X