No announcement yet.

Flower and Dean Street

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If the JTR lived on Flower and Dean St, then it appears his name is lost through the cracks of history.

Comment

Originally posted by J6123 View Post
      recent article suggesting flower and dean street as the killer's base...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...ler-lived.html
      I have been a member here for a couple of years and only posted in-frequently due to time constraints, so still relatively new around here so do please forgive me if I'm miles out here.
      Having followed this link here and looked at the map attached, it would appear clear that not only is Flower & Dean street clearly central to all of the scenes but so is the Ten Bells Pub!!
      I have searched the forums and have not been able to find any references to the landlord John Waldren. Correct me if I'm wrong, but surely someone based so centrally, running a pub frequented by a number of the victims, could be worthy of investigation in terms of suspects?

Comment

I've never really had a suspect...but Flower and Dean is definitely my Ripper Street.
        My opinion is all I have to offer here,

Dave.

Smilies are canned laughter.

Comment

A poster named Colin plotted the sites before and found that a centric point would be the Victorian Home For Men on Commercial Street. There are a few quasi suspects that lived there at the time, I believe Daniel Barnett, (Joes brother) and George Hutchinson were 2 of those.
          Michael Richards

Comment

Originally posted by Inspector Reid View Post
            Correct me if I'm wrong, but surely someone based so centrally, running a pub frequented by a number of the victims, could be worthy of investigation in terms of suspects?
            Once Lewis Carroll was named as Jack any man, woman or chimpanzee (Including Bonobos) alive in 1888 is a suspect.
            My opinion is all I have to offer here,

Dave.

Smilies are canned laughter.

Comment

Isn't the "hot spot" status of Flower & Dean Street more likely due to the victims all living in or within 100 yds of it, rather than the ripper?

Comment

Originally posted by Joshua Rogan View Post
                Isn't the "hot spot" status of Flower & Dean Street more likely due to the victims all living in or within 100 yds of it, rather than the ripper?
                Yes, I thought that.

Colin Roberts (the Colin that Michael referred to earlier) had the hot spot on Wentworth Street, near the northern end of George Yard, based on where the women were murdered.

edit. rather than a hot spot, this was the centre of his geographical profile.
                Last edited by Jon Guy; 12-14-2016, 08:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael W Richards View Post
                  A poster named Colin plotted the sites before and found that a centric point would be the Victorian Home For Men on Commercial Street. There are a few quasi suspects that lived there at the time, I believe Daniel Barnett, (Joes brother) and George Hutchinson were 2 of those.
                  yup and the last ripper victim, alice McKenzie, was killed a stones throw from the Victoria home.
                  "Is all that we see or seem
                  but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe

"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
                  quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

Originally posted by RonnieKray View Post
                    Does anybody know if a known witness or a known suspect lived on Flower and Dean Street and if so, who were they?

Cheers guys!
                    Similar article.

Experts believe the Victorian serial killer Jack the Ripper lived in Flower and Dean Street in London’s notorious East End
                    Last edited by Patrick S; 12-14-2016, 11:30 AM.

Comment

Is it true that during 1886 all the Canonical 5 lived at either 16 or 18 Thrawl Street (except Liz Stride perhaps)?

Comment

Nope.
                        Possibly fed together there on a Sunday morning though.
                        My name is Dave. You cannot reach me through Debs email account

Comment

Working...
                        X