M5 grouping criteria

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M5 grouping criteria

Is it any more sophisticated than throat cut and dead? Cause to me it looks as if he chose the least possible area based on these two criterion. Dave
    We are all born cute as a button and dumb as rocks. We grow out of cute fast!

Yah, yah Dave your so right! Because "bump" is not a five letter word. Dave

Comment

Oh I forgot, time is a crieria. The timeline shows the sequence with the vics on casebook, Macnaughten sequence in red. Dave
      Attached Files

Comment

So what we have a the smallest geographic area with throat cut and dead in the fall of 1888. Seems like a solid grasp of reality to me. Maybe we should take a clue from history and stop treating these events a singular homogeneous mass and the killer as a static creature. It did not work well in 1888, has not worked well in the intervening years, and barring some Kafkaesque twist of reality, it is assured to yield bum-kiss in the future. Dave

Comment

yeah a map...

... who would have thought it?
          Pre M5 = yellow pins
          post M5 = black pins
          W balloon= Whitehall mystery
          Elizabeth Jackson recovery sites (that I can find)=blue balloon with stars

It is somewhat telling that the M5 grouping circumscribes the smallest area with the most victims. This goes along way to explaining why wound type was not such a selective criteria for Macnaghten.

The Whitehall mystery becomes an interesting consideration because of the timing and the geography. If one excepts it as a function of the same unsub it would represent a kill in a Macnaghten lull, a dismemberment in terms of wounds inflicted, and perhaps most telling, a radical increase in hunting territory. When we consider what values define "the ripper" we need to bear in mind Macnaghten's observable criteria. These do not include elements such as the psycho dynamics of the unsub in relation to event violence, the displayed unsub wounds on the victims and corpse treatment. They do include geography as a mechanism for minimizing area of unsub activity and denial of other victims that fit temporally but not in wound morphology or geographically.His use of wound morphology is very rough, almost choldlike. I suspect there is at least one factor missing. Dave
          Attached Files

Comment

M1,2, and 3 variational crossection

Man, this sure looks like the same dude to me! (< biting sarcasm) Dave
            Attached Files

Comment

M4 and M5 cross sectional comparison

If I knew nothing about the case I would associate these, their like twins. (< more biting sarcasm) Dave
              Attached Files

Comment

why would Mac deny inclusion?

I suspect that as the man responsible for policing he was in some fashion accountable for public perceptions of their perceived safety. Boy would the queen be pissed if she thought that the Whitehall mystery was the ripper?
                The map shows the Macnaghten hunting ground (red box), the Whitehall mystery (balloon with W) , Buckingham palace, Parliament, and turks row, the last known area for Elizabeth Jackson. To say that the Victorians did not play "cover your ass" is laughable. Dave
                Attached Files

Comment

I forgot the terrible consistency of abdominal woundsb

So here are some pics to demonstrate. These were made by Jane Coram and appear in their original context here:
                  Forum for discussion about how Jack could have done it, why Jack might have done it and the psychological factors that are involved in serial killers. Also the forum for profiling discussions.

That Mac was one sharp dude! I could get these confused so easily, they are freakishly similar. (<biting sarcasm) Dave
                  Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                  X