No announcement yet.

Doctor Who

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tennant is one of my favorite Doctors and John Simm is one of my favorite Masters
    I won't make any deals. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed,de-briefed, or numbered!

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
      ****Anorak Moment****

Jago was played by Christopher Benjamin, who had earlier appeared in the Barlow and Watt investigation of the Ripper case.
      Egad! I knew he reminded me of someone - voice, frame and features!

In Barlow & Watt:

Click image for larger version

Name:	barlow-watt.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	50.6 KB
ID:	658139

As "Jago" in Dr Who:

Click image for larger version

Name:	drwho-jago.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	14.8 KB
ID:	658140

Thanks, Chris.
      Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

When my son was at university, he got to interview Sylvester McCoy over the telephone concerning his role in Dr Who. McCoy was delighted as he tends to be over-looked as one of the ex Doctors.

It was actually Dr Who that got my son started on reading. He was a very reluctant and slow-to-develop reader until he was about 8 years old and he started to watch my husband's old Dr Who videos. In W H Smith one day he noticed a Dr Who magazine and from that day he read everything he could get his hands on concerning the Doctor. He realised he could further his knowledge of all sorts of things he was interested in my reading about them and within a few months his reading age was way above the norm for his age.

Good old Dr Who!

Comment

Maybe The Doctor was the Ripper himself.

THink about it. His title might give him the necessary medical knowledge in the case and his TARDIS provides him with a means of escape after killing Mary Jane. it also explains why the murders stopped.
          I won't make any deals. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed,de-briefed, or numbered!

Comment

The Talons of Weng-Chiang--a classic. So, Mr. Benjamin appeared in Doctor Who and Barlow and Watt. But who's that fellow in Vengeance on Varos?

Cheers,
            Dave
            Last edited by Dave O; 12-15-2009, 06:20 AM.

Comment

Sil? The little alien with the disturbing laugh? Nabil Shaban. He also shows up in the episode "Mindwarp."

Dan
              "Extremely difficult. Virtually impossible - However, it should only take me ten minutes or so..." - Brice Linch: Max Headroom
              Dan L Hollifield
              Senior Editor/Publisher: Aphelion Webzine
              http://www.aphelion-webzine.com

Comment

Hiya Dan,

Nope, I meant Keith Skinner.

Cheers,
                Dave

Comment

So, anyone here catch the first part of "The End of Time" cliffhanger episode?

I thought ti was awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by JTRSickert View Post
                    So, anyone here catch the first part of "The End of Time" cliffhanger episode?

I thought ti was awesome!
                    Don't spoil it! I'm planning on watching it yesterday.
                    Kind regards, Sam Flynn

Comment

Have it recorded. I want to watch it, but it's only a couple of days until the conclusion airs and I'm afraid I'll wish I had both to watch back-to-back.

I did watch the "Confidential" episode about it though. (Spoilers don't bother me, for some reason.) Looks quite good, from what I've seen and read.

Dan
                      "Extremely difficult. Virtually impossible - However, it should only take me ten minutes or so..." - Brice Linch: Max Headroom
                      Dan L Hollifield
                      Senior Editor/Publisher: Aphelion Webzine
                      http://www.aphelion-webzine.com

Comment

Fortunately, I'm old enough to have seen all the Doctors, although my favourite is still the 4th. For Christmas I got a copy of Matrix which is about the 7th Doctor and JtR. I don't read a lot of science fiction because it tends to hurt my head, but I liked this book. Much of the action, especially the climax, centres around Christ Church. Not bad at all, except that the authors, whom I assume are English, seem to believe that Shoreditch is on the Thames.

Comment

Originally posted by The Grave Maurice View Post
                          Fortunately, I'm old enough to have seen all the Doctors, although my favourite is still the 4th
                          Tom Baker has grown on me, too. I still have a soft-spot for Pertwee, though. Not only was he the Doctor of my formative years (although I'm just old enough to remember watching the splendid Troughton - and years later actually lived in his house!), but the Dr Who stories of the Pertwee years are, IMO, the best by far.
                          Kind regards, Sam Flynn

Comment

I agree, Gareth. The writing and acting of the Hartnell/Troughten/Pertwee years more than made up for the lack of production budget. But what do you mean by saying that you lived in Troughten's house?

Comment

Originally posted by The Grave Maurice View Post
                              But what do you mean by saying that you lived in Troughten's house?
                              He wasn't there at the time, sadly, but I occupied what used to be Troughton's house when I lived in Kent during the 1990s. By remarkable coincidence, I also lived in Richard Burton's and Elizabeth Taylor's London home when I was a student in the 1980s... something I didn't learn until my sister bought me Melvyn Bragg's biography of Burton some 5 years later.
                              Kind regards, Sam Flynn

Comment

Wow. I'm impressed. I once walked by Dick and Liz's home in Puerto Vallarta, but that's not as good.

Comment

Working...
                                X