Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News Papers of 1888

Hello,
    I have a subscription to the British News Paper Archives. I am unable to locate the specific News Paper: The Daily Telegraph.

I can locate: The Derby Daily Telegraph, and The Sheffield Daily Telegraph.

Is someone able to tell me exactly which of, either the Derby or the Sheffield is the correct news paper that is being quoted, transcribed, etc..., in the Casebook Inquest Testimonies?
    I want to be able to look at the actual archive paper for myself. Any help is appreciated.

Thank You,
    Sluggo

The Daily Telegraph provided in the Casebook Press Reports is the London Daily Telegraph.
    The BNA does not provide this publication.
    Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Sluggo,

Check on the Casebook site under Press Reports, which lists a huge number of newspapers in the U.K., the Commonwealth countries, the United States, and Europe. Remember that news of Jack the Ripper was published worldwide, so you may succeed in searching U.S. Papers and finding news.

I recommend the Library of Congress's "Chronciling America" under the Historic Newspapers option at the LoC website. There is no charge for research here.
      Other library sites may also include foreign papers, and maybe it is worth seeing if you can access the British Library site, for instance, or the archives of the London Daily Telegraph.
      Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
      ---------------
      Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
      ---------------

Comment

Hello,
        I want to thank you. Your answers are very helpful. I wonder why the British Newspaper Archives do not supply the London Daily Telegraph? Seems odd. It no wonder I could not find it.

Thank you again!

Sluggo

Comment

Originally posted by Sluggo View Post
          Hello,
          I want to thank you. Your answers are very helpful. I wonder why the British Newspaper Archives do not supply the London Daily Telegraph? Seems odd. It no wonder I could not find it.

Thank you again!

Sluggo
          The BNA are expanding their collection all the time. Someday it will be there I'm sure, I know I have asked them to include it.
          Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Working...
          X