No announcement yet.

Centenaries - whole and half

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A trifle over-sensitive of Ronnie wasn't it? It was Ron who was homosexual and supposedly having an affair with Lord Boothby, wasn't it? I always get confused between the twins.

Gut, I just do not believe that Mrs Gut insults you as much as you say!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosella View Post
      A trifle over-sensitive of Ronnie wasn't it? It was Ron who was homosexual and supposedly having an affair with Lord Boothby, wasn't it? I always get confused between the twins.

You've got no idea the awful things that woman says why just the other day she said "I love you honey", what a rotten thing, and two weeks ago she said "Why don't we book another cruise" see torture at every turn.
      G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

• Originally posted by sdreid View Post
        50 years ago - 1966 March 9 - At an East London pub, Ronald Kray, of the infamous Kray Brothers Gang, shoots and kills George Cornell, a Richardson Gang associate. Kray received a life term for the murder and died incarcerated in 1995.
        I wonder if he ever was visited when alone in his cell by "Spiney Norman" the hedgehog?

Jeff

Comment

• Originally posted by Mayerling View Post
          I wonder if he ever was visited when alone in his cell by "Spiney Norman" the hedgehog?

Jeff
          I think that's possible Jeff.
          This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Comment

"Dimmsd...err...Ronnieee. Ronnieee!!!"

Jeff

Comment

• Originally posted by Mayerling View Post

Jeff
              BWAHAHAHH!!!
              - Ginger

Comment

• 100 years ago - 1916 March 12 - New York dentist Arthur Warren Waite smothers his father-in-law John Peck. Dr. Waite had been poisoning, gassing and feeding the old man lethal bacteria for weeks and finally got tired of waiting. The killer had previously murdered his own mother-in-law and was about to do in his own wife when he was caught. Waite's motive was the collection of inheritance and life insurance benefits. In 1917, he went to the electic chair at Sing Sing.

Stan Reid

Comment

• 250 years ago - 1766 March 16 - In Ireland, Nicholas Sheehy, a Roman Catholic Priest, is hanged, drawn and quartered for the murder of John Bridge. Father Sheehy was involved in some of the religious strife in his country and Mr. Bridge, who was said to be an informant, had vanished. There was no certain proof that Bridge was even dead.

Stan Reid

Comment

• 50 years ago - 1966 March 17 - Catherine Baker, 16, vanishes on a short walk to a local New Jersey food store. Her partially clad body was found in a river about 60 miles to the South in the middle of May. The cause of her death was blows to the head. An unkown serial killer is thought to possibly be responsible for the unsolved murder.

Stan Reid

Comment

50 years ago - 1966 March 17 - Catherine Baker, 16, vanishes on a short walk to a local New Jersey food store. Her partially clad body was found in a river about 60 miles to the South in the middle of May. The cause of her death was blows to the head. An unkown serial killer is thought to possibly be responsible for the unsolved murder.
                      G'day Stan,

Do You know anything about the other possible victims of this unknown selial killer?
                      G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

• Hi GUT-There are several accounts if you Google Catherine Baker Murder 1966

Two of the murders look pretty similar but I'm not too convinced that all were the work of one killer.

Stan Reid

Comment

According to one book I've read, Cliff Richard visited him in prison.

Cheers
                          C4

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosella View Post
                            A trifle over-sensitive of Ronnie wasn't it? It was Ron who was homosexual and supposedly having an affair with Lord Boothby, wasn't it? I always get confused between the twins.

Reggie was supposed to have been gay as well, although perhaps a little mare discreetly than Ronnie.

The massive cover-up over Boothby makes me even more sure that there could have been something similar in Jack's case. And that the body pulled out of the Thames wasn't Druitt's.

Best wishes
                            C4

Comment

• "Little more," not "little mare," sorry!

C4v

Comment

• 50 years ago - 1966 March 20 - In Iowa, Effie Bell, 46, is reported missing from her residence. At the end of May, her skeletal remains were discovered in a local dump. Her husband, Frank, was questioned in relation to the probable murder but he was never charged and the case remains unsolved.
                                Last edited by sdreid; 03-18-2016, 12:58 PM.

Stan Reid

Comment

Working...
                                X