Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Black Death

Hi y'all.

Saw a trailer yesterday for a new British movie called 'The Black Death" which looks like a fairly tasty horror/dark fantasy flick set in the Middle Ages and starring Sean Bean.

This is the first I've heard of it despite it being due for release at the end of May. Any of my British confreres heard anything about it?
    “Sans arme, sans violence et sans haine”

Unfortunately, bieng in the States, I wouldn't have heard of it either. But that does sound interestng.
    "You want to take revenge for my murdered sister? Sister would definitely have not ... we would not have wanted you to be like this."

~ Angelina Durless

Comment

I seem to remember that there was another movie called "The Black Death" around many, many years ago.....back in the days of VHS.....

Cheers,
      Adam.

Comment

A film of that name has been advertised in Empire and Total Film, with Sean Bean. But amazingly neither magazine seems to have reviewed the film yet, which is not the best sign.
        There Will Be Trouble! http://www.amazon.co.uk/A-Little-Tro...s=T.+E.+Hodden

Comment

Here's some stuff about it.

Also, I saw a trailer today and am looking for it again.

Never mind. Here's the trailer:

The latest movie and television news, reviews, film trailers, exclusive interviews, and opinions - since 2005.

I also something about him being signed or considered for A Game of Thrones. That would definitely get me to a theater.
          Last edited by Celesta; 05-05-2010, 04:27 AM.
          "What our ancestors would really be thinking, if they were alive today, is: "Why is it so dark in here?"" From Pyramids by Sir Terry Pratchett, a British National Treasure.

Comment

Hey, Cel, are you a Sean Bean fan too? He's one of my favorite actors.

I knew you had good taste.

I wish I could have seen him do the stage production of Macbeth.

Thanks for the movie tip, Magpie.

Cheers,
            Archaic

Comment

If you like Sean Bean, you must see "Red Riding". He's featured in the first part of the trilogy. Also stars David Morrissey and a truly creepy Sean Harris. Excellent films about corruption in Yorkshire in the 70's and 80's. The second in the series is about the Yorkshire Ripper.

Comment

Hello, Livia, welcome to the forums!

Thanks for the tip. Most of my favorite actors are from yesteryear, but I do like Sean Bean.

Best regards,
                Archaic

Comment

Hi Livia,

Welcome, and thanks for the information. Enjoy your time here.

Hi Archy,

I'm not totally familiar with Sean Bean's work, but have liked him quite well in the movies I've seen him in. I thought he was a wonderful Boromir.
                  "What our ancestors would really be thinking, if they were alive today, is: "Why is it so dark in here?"" From Pyramids by Sir Terry Pratchett, a British National Treasure.

Comment

Working...
                  X