Doggone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doggone

Saw one of my doctors today and she said that I should get a dog to get me out more. Know nothing about dogs, me. Although I like the idea of a Jack Russell, because I could call him Jack or Russ or Terry.

I need suggestions for a dog that would be happy with walks of a mile (2.2 kilometres) or so at a time and would sleep near my feet to keep them warm. He should also be able to lick my hand occasionally but also attack a burglar if required.

Any suggestions?

Originally posted by The Grave Maurice View Post
    Saw one of my doctors today and she said that I should get a dog to get me out more. Know nothing about dogs, me. Although I like the idea of a Jack Russell, because I could call him Jack or Russ or Terry.

I need suggestions for a dog that would be happy with walks of a mile (2.2 kilometres) or so at a time and would sleep near my feet to keep them warm. He should also be able to lick my hand occasionally but also attack a burglar if required.

Any suggestions?
    Schnauzer
    G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

It depends if you want a large or small dog. The Jack Russell Terrier is a little dog, and a cute one, but the fact you'd like one to attack a burglar suggests you would want a German shepard type.

Comment

Any suggestions?
        Please visit your local dog shelter.
        It`ll be full of all kinds of dogs desperate for a home.

Comment

You can never go wrong with a Labrador. You never hear of anyone having a problematic or ill-behaved one. And as they are used as guide dogs you cant get a better advertisement than that. Good luck
          Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

Grew up with lab-Border collie crosses, intelligent, loyal and energetic.
            My opinion is all I have to offer here,

Dave.

Smilies are canned laughter.

Comment

I agree with Jon Guy.. make sure you get a rescue dog... they need all the love and attention they can get.. and give it back tenfold!!

Long walks...best to go with a Lab or a hound of some kind....some hounds are howlers, but many aren't, just depends on the dogs nature...Tree Walker coon hounds are amazing companion dogs, and very affectionate

Steadmund Brand
              "The truth is what is, and what should be is a fantasy. A terrible, terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago."- Lenny Bruce

Comment

I always intended to get a dog from the SPCA. I just wonder which breed is the best for me.

Comment

I don't want a dog that will attack a burglar. Just one that will alert me to and locate the burglar. After that, I have rifles.

Comment

Originally posted by DirectorDave View Post
                    Grew up with lab-Border collie crosses, intelligent, loyal and energetic.
                    Yep hard to beat that.
                    G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Jack Russell’s can be yappy.
                      G U T

Comment

I'm married, so I'm used to yappy. What I need is a dog that would be happy to walk to the river early in the morning and, again, in the evening. The Jack Russells that I've seen always look energetic and friendly.

Comment

A cross between Lassie and a guide dog is hard to beat
                          Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

I'm married, so I'm used to yappy. What I need is a dog that would be happy to walk to the river early in the morning and, again, in the evening. The Jack Russells that I've seen always look energetic and friendly.
                            Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

I went to the local coffee shop this evening and there was a woman with a dachshund there. If I get a shepherd or a dachshund, I'd name it after one of the characters in the Ring Cycle. Although, given the tail movement of the dachshund, I might just call it Wag-ner. Get it? The dog probably won't.

Comment

Working...
                              X