X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GUT View Post
    G'day Pinkmoon

But how were contemporary forgers going to make $$ modern ones I can see
    I think the forger our forgers got cold feet and never tried to release it onto the general public.
    Three things in life that don't stay hidden for to long ones the sun ones the moon and the other is the truth

Comment

• Originally posted by pinkmoon View Post
      I think the forger our forgers got cold feet and never tried to release it onto the general public.
      They decided to plant it into their chosen killers house on the off chance it may found... can't understand what anyone would get out of doing that

Comment

• I'm intrigued by the claims Bruce Robinson made way back in, I think, 1998.
        Am I right in thinking that Keith Skinner's new information is related to this?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kaz View Post
          They decided to plant it into their chosen killers house on the off chance it may found... can't understand what anyone would get out of doing that
          I think it was written by someone who was close to flo quite possibly some fool hardy attempt to help her with her trial but it was never used and hung round battlecrease for years I just hope one day keith skinner shares his new info with us.I think the truth will never be known because there is a chance If the truth does come out then the police will come knocking.
          Three things in life that don't stay hidden for to long ones the sun ones the moon and the other is the truth

Comment

• Originally posted by Purkis View Post
            I'm intrigued by the claims Bruce Robinson made way back in, I think, 1998.
            Am I right in thinking that Keith Skinner's new information is related to this?
            Hi Purkis,

As far as I can remember (and it's a long time ago), Bruce Robinson's theory was thought to be that Michael Maybrick was Jack The Ripper. He also said that the identity of the Ripper was known for sure by 1892 and was going to write a book about his theory which, he claimed, would be sensational. Was his book every published, anyone know?

Bruce Robinson is probably best known for writing the screenplay of Withnail And I.

I think if Caz reads your post she might be the best person to comment on what Keith Skinner actually said at The Trial Of Jack The Ripper.

Graham
            We are suffering from a plethora of surmise, conjecture and hypothesis. - Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure Of Silver Blaze

Comment

• Robinson's book is still on Amazon as a pre-order for April 2015.

There's an article here from last year:

Comment

• Thanks Graham and hkev, I bet Robinson is cursing his timing re. Edwards and the shawl, apparently his earlier Maybrick film was scuppered by the release of 'From Hell'.
                Although a recent book suggesting Michael Maybrick as the Ripper received short shrift, I think he makes an intriguing suspect when you look at the details of his life, not to mention his possible links to the Diary.

Comment

• Originally posted by Purkis View Post
                  Thanks Graham and hkev, I bet Robinson is cursing his timing re. Edwards and the shawl, apparently his earlier Maybrick film was scuppered by the release of 'From Hell'.
                  Although a recent book suggesting Michael Maybrick as the Ripper received short shrift, I think he makes an intriguing suspect when you look at the details of his life, not to mention his possible links to the Diary.
                  It might be worth while even if we just find out the origins of the diary Mr Barrett will never tell if my theory is correct.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinkmoon View Post
                    It might be worth while even if we just find out the origins of the diary Mr Barrett will never tell if my theory is correct.
                    I have a feeling we will find out the origins of the Diary before long, but I don't think it depends on anything Mr Barrett might have to say.

Comment

• [QUOTE=Purkis;310713]I have a feeling we will find out the origins of the Diary before long, but I don't think it depends on anything Mr Barrett might have to say.[/QUOTE
                      I have no doubt that the diary came out of battlecrease and the only link between Mr Barrett and battlecrease is Mr Barrett drinking in the same pub as the workmen from battlecrease .

Comment

Working...
                      X