Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by lynn cates View Post
    Hello Batman. Thanks.

If you are checking for a pulse, do you check the hand you are next (right) or the one lodged partly under her body (left)?

Cheers.
    LC
    We know which hand was checked because they got blood on it.

You simply don't have an untouched body to make claims about the degree of hold a body had over something.

The crime scene was disturbed as evidenced by the witnesses who tell us what they did.
    Bona fide canonical and then some.

Comment

• Originally posted by Harry D View Post
      The argument is that the police immediately knew the nature of the graffito was anti-semitic, which is what prompted Arnold and Warren to have it erased before it would invoke an anti-semitic riot. I must be missing something because this doesn't add up. Surely a statement of Jewish solidarity from the killer would turn the locals against the Jewish immigrants, rather than an anti-semitic slur which implies the killer was a gentile?
      Why did they fear rioting and the burning down of the houses?

Comment

• Originally posted by Batman View Post
        The fact he gave one that is the same as mine means my view isn't unsupported in the contemporary. That's all.

Swanson dismissed the idea someone else besides BSman killed her based on the investigation. So did they investigate or not?
        Hello Batman,

I can't put my finger on Swanson's report at the moment. Can you please cite where he makes that statement?

c.d.

Comment

• Originally posted by c.d. View Post
          Hello Batman,

I can't put my finger on Swanson's report at the moment. Can you please cite where he makes that statement?

c.d.
          Its in the Begg link a few pages back.

Comment

Why did they fear rioting and the burning down of the houses?
            Because of growing civil unrest, I know. What I'm saying is that how does an overt piece of anti-semitic graffito somehow implicate Jews? That doesn't make any sense.

Comment

Because of growing civil unrest, I know. What I'm saying is that how does an overt piece of anti-semitic graffito somehow implicate Jews? That doesn't make any sense.
              They believed that JtR was able to start an antisemitic riot.

To cast suspicion on the Jews.

Yes it means he is a gentile and I don't think he cared by then just wanted to start a riot. Maybe even expected to be caught after being seen.

Comment

The fact he gave one that is the same as mine means my view isn't unsupported in the contemporary. That's all.

Swanson dismissed the idea someone else besides BSman killed her based on the investigation. So did they investigate or not?
                I assume that you are referring to this quote from the report "... it is not clearly proved that the man that Schwartz saw is the murderer, although it is clearly the more probable of the two."

That is hardly a dismissal just a reflection on probability.

I don't know what you mean when you say did they investigate. Of course they did.

c.d.

Comment

The argument is that the police immediately knew the nature of the graffito was anti-semitic, which is what prompted Arnold and Warren to have it erased before it would invoke an anti-semitic riot. I must be missing something because this doesn't add up. Surely a statement of Jewish solidarity from the killer would turn the locals against the Jewish immigrants, rather than an anti-semitic slur which implies the killer was a gentile?
                  Hello Harry,

Logic need not be involved in it at all. Given the level of anti-semitic feeling that existed at the time, all that would be needed for a riot was for somebody to see the writing and say "see, I told you, the Jews are behind all this" and you are off and running. Anything can incite a riot.

c.d.

Comment

• story

Hello CD. Thanks.

"Are we to doubt their stories simply because no one else was there at the time?"

Batman was accepting it as established that Schwartz was on Berner. It was not.

Cheers.
                    LC

Comment

• Originally posted by c.d. View Post
                      I assume that you are referring to this quote from the report "... it is not clearly proved that the man that Schwartz saw is the murderer, although it is clearly the more probable of the two."

That is hardly a dismissal just a reflection on probability.

I don't know what you mean when you say did they investigate. Of course they did.

c.d.
                      I think his use of the word clearly agrees with his selection for BSman.

That whole section from Begg is compelling evidence Schwartz was corroborated.

Comment

I think his use of the word clearly agrees with his selection for BSman.

That whole section from Begg is compelling evidence Schwartz was corroborated.
                        I think "it is not clearly proved" says otherwise.

c.d.

Comment

• The Pot speaks.

Hello Batman. Thanks.

Confusion? Looks like the pot speaking.

Cheers.
                          LC

Comment

• I sense a disturbance in the force.

Hello Batman. Thanks.

It was a mystery why she had blood on her right hand. But, yes, that is the hand to have checked.

"The crime scene was disturbed as evidenced by the witnesses who tell us what they did."

Not enough to spill the cachous--until the doctors did so.

Cheers.
                            LC

Comment

• This thread has moved quite a bit since I checked last time. I just wanted to make clear my post was simply regarding the mints being in the person's hands at death as it seemed people were acting that just the act of murder/a person falling in death would cause it to be dislodged. I have no specific suspect and am not advocating for BSM.

I do think a body can move some and still be clutching sometime in their hand. Could a body have been moved as much as it would have had to been for the BSM and still have something in their hand? I don't know. Without knowing the chain of events that happened between BSM and Stride it's very hard to judge how likely/unlikely something would still be in her hand. I don't think the simple act of clutching the mints makes the BSM killing her impossible though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dane_F View Post
                                This thread has moved quite a bit since I checked last time. I just wanted to make clear my post was simply regarding the mints being in the person's hands at death as it seemed people were acting that just the act of murder/a person falling in death would cause it to be dislodged. I have no specific suspect and am not advocating for BSM.

I do think a body can move some and still be clutching sometime in their hand. Could a body have been moved as much as it would have had to been for the BSM and still have something in their hand? I don't know. Without knowing the chain of events that happened between BSM and Stride it's very hard to judge how likely/unlikely something would still be in her hand. I don't think the simple act of clutching the mints makes the BSM killing her impossible though.
                                I always marvel that people fight for their lives and die with gum in their mouths. I mean, gum is tricky anyway, one wrong move and you are hacking up a lung. Not aspirating your gum while dying seems so much harder than not opening your fist. Yet people do it all the time.
                                The early bird might get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Comment

Working...
                                X