Mango Books to publish Lady Lucan's memoirs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mango Books to publish Lady Lucan's memoirs

Big news from Mango Books, the publisher of Ripperologist Magazine and a growing array of must-have crime books.

"As I am now eighty years of age, I have taken this opportunity to try to ‘set the record straight’ by writing a book and giving my side of the story before it is too late." - Lady Lucan.

In March 2017 we began work on A MOMENT IN TIME, the memoirs of Veronica, 7th Countess of Lucan.

Over subsequent months the manuscript was finalised and photographs scanned from Lady Lucan’s private albums.

The book was approved last weekend, our final contact with Lady Lucan being on Sunday, 24th September - the day before her death.

This is Lady Lucan’s story, told in her own words.

To be published on 1st December 2017.

Visit www.ladylucanbook.com to pre-order.

Interesting
    G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Yes. Interesting.

I don't mean to be picky in any way here.. but as the deceased has been dead only 5 days.. and not yet laid to rest in peace.. surely this announcement could have waited until after the funeral?
      Merely, to my mind, a question of etiquette. Perhaps I'm wrong. Perhaps it was so urgent it must be announced pre burial. It may strike people though as "strike while it's hot" philosophy. Or worse. Me? It just strikes me as poorly timed. Just an opinion..for what little that is worth.

Phil
      Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Justice for the 96 = achieved
      Accountability? ....

Comment

Originally posted by Phil Carter View Post
        Yes. Interesting.

I don't mean to be picky in any way here.. but as the deceased has been dead only 5 days.. and not yet laid to rest in peace.. surely this announcement could have waited until after the funeral?
        Merely, to my mind, a question of etiquette. Perhaps I'm wrong. Perhaps it was so urgent it must be announced pre burial. It may strike people though as "strike while it's hot" philosophy. Or worse. Me? It just strikes me as poorly timed. Just an opinion..for what little that is worth.

Phil
        Seems pretty common now.

Must have been pretty much written too I’d expect with that timeline.
        G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Originally posted by GUT View Post
          Seems pretty common now.

Must have been pretty much written too I’d expect with that timeline.
          Hello Gut,

It isn't due out until December 1st. Therefore..what is the urgency in needing to announce it pre-funeral?
          As I said.. to me..maybe it's just me.. but a few days waiting would not have taken away any "scoop" feeling. The "scoop" is that it is written by Lady Lucan herself.. so no one is going to gazump the idea.
          Etiquette tells me to have let the author be interred in peace first. Then announce the scoop.
          Maybe it's just me.

Phil
          Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Accountability? ....

Comment

Hi Phil,

Or you are just posting here to take another, slightly more subtle, bash at Adam Wood than you did earlier today on Facebook when you openly and with exclamation points! suggested nefarious motives behind the announcement. Uninformed opinions, which you are full of, are indeed worthless, and the idea that anyone should pay the slightest attention to you or your small group of friends preaching about proper etiquette after someone passes away is frankly insane, and I imagine to Adam, pretty offensive. Maybe it's just me.

JM

Comment

Originally posted by jmenges View Post
              Hi Phil,

Or you are just posting here to take another, slightly more subtle, bash at Adam Wood than you did earlier today on Facebook when you openly and with exclamation points! suggested nefarious motives behind the announcement. Uninformed opinions, which you are full of, are indeed worthless, and the idea that anyone should pay the slightest attention to you or your small group of friends preaching about proper etiquette after someone passes away is frankly insane, and I imagine to Adam, pretty offensive. Maybe it's just me.

JM
              I am bashing no one. It is a valid point. Which I note you have ignored but continually insult me.. which is against all rules.
              My point..if you care to answer it..is that it CAN BEE SEEN by others as badly timed, yet even worse.
              Like I said..a scoop is still a scoop in a few days time. Etiquette tells me it would have been better to wait with this announcement.
              Now..if you are not going to address the issue I raise, then others will read into that as well.
              It is a valid point.
              Please cut out the personal stuff. Thank you

P
              Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Accountability? ....

Comment

As you are not party to the specifics Phil, your post is excusable.

The publishers, from my understanding, had been in contact with Lady Lucan for some time, right up to her death. And had received a specific wish of hers re publication, dates, and the timing thereof.

Authors requests, again from my understanding, fully adhered to.

Monty
                Monty

https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...t/evilgrin.gif

Author of Capturing Jack the Ripper.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1445621622

Comment

Originally posted by Monty View Post
                  As you are not party to the specifics Phil, your post is excusable.

The publishers, from my understanding, had been in contact with Lady Lucan for some time, right up to her death. And had received a specific wish of hers re publication, dates, and the timing thereof.

Authors requests, again from my understanding, fully adhered to.

Monty
                  Publication date doesn’t bother me Monty, but I do think the anno7ncement could have been delayed till after the funeral.

Just my opinion.
                  G U T

Comment

I'm not judging either way, but this is standard practice these days. Witness the books and albums by, or about, Bowie and Michael Jackson promoted by Amazon, iTunes and others on the very days their deaths were announced.
                    Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
                      I'm not judging either way, but this is standard practice these days. Witness the books and albums by, or about, Bowie and Michael Jackson promoted by Amazon, iTunes and others on the very days their deaths were announced.
                      Yep that’s what I said above, not unusual.
                      G U T

Comment

Originally posted by Phil Carter View Post
                        I am bashing no one. It is a valid point. Which I note you have ignored but continually insult me.. which is against all rules.
                        My point..if you care to answer it..is that it CAN BEE SEEN by others as badly timed, yet even worse.
                        Like I said..a scoop is still a scoop in a few days time. Etiquette tells me it would have been better to wait with this announcement.
                        Now..if you are not going to address the issue I raise, then others will read into that as well.
                        It is a valid point.
                        Please cut out the personal stuff. Thank you

P
                        Phil,
                        Given that anything Mango does that's slightly controversial, be it Robert Smith's book or Lady Lucan's, draws an adverse comment from you, it's understandable that Jonathan - or me, for that matter - might think you are putting the boot into Adam. In the circumstances you might have expected your post to rebound on you.

To the best of my knowledge, Lady Lucan was determined that she had the opportunity to tell her story and it was learned by the press that she had written the book, and it's publication was going to be made known in the newspapers. Adam therefore had little choice but to announce publication of the book and give those interested in reading Lady Lucan's account the opportunity to pre-order the book.

Comment

Originally posted by GUT View Post
                          Publication date doesn’t bother me Monty, but I do think the anno7ncement could have been delayed till after the funeral.

Just my opinion.
                          As I said, we aren't party to what has it has not been agreed.

Opinion is fine, if informed.

Monty
                          Monty

https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...t/evilgrin.gif

Author of Capturing Jack the Ripper.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1445621622

Comment

Originally posted by Monty View Post
                            As I said, we aren't party to what has it has not been agreed.

Opinion is fine, if informed.

Monty
                            And if someone has chosen not to inform us, how else do we form our opinion.

If someone comes along (who is in a position to know) and says Lady Lucan wanted the book announced as soon as possible, my opinion would probably change. Until then I stand by my opinion that it should have been delayed.
                            G U T

Comment

Right Paul...

You've asked for this.

I don't give a rats backside WHO the publisher is..or WHO owns said company. Like I stated..it wasn't a "boot in" on anyone. Your inference is totally wrong..get it? wrong. You.. and Menges..are out of order making that accusation. Now back off and stick to the point both GUT and I made. You assume very very wrongly. The literary scoop of the year could have waited a few days. Period. It looks wrong to me. Period.

My point was about the timing of the announcement. Period. Who announces it is besides the point. Etiquette says..to me at least. .and GUT it appears (Thank you).. that waiting a few days would have been the right way of doing it. The lady is not dead a week and for some unknown reason there's a damned rush to announce her book release.. before she is even buried?

The Christmas sales will not be affected by a few days waiting now..incase that was the worry. The Lady deserves to be interred without the fuss of any potential massive media scramble around her name. Indecent haste I call it. Whoever the publishing people are.

Monty. Thank you for your partly understanding comment. Appreciated.

GUT. Thank you for your agreement.

Phil
                              Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Accountability? ....

Comment

Working...
                              X