Mary Jane Kelly was Jack The Ripper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vfor View Post

Certain MJK case papers went missing and they were only returned in 1987 on the 100th anniversary of JTR (compare how census not relased for 50/100 yrs for privacy reasons until people are dead).

Along with the rest of the records of course.

"Sickert stayed in a room that JTR is said to have once stayed in", which sounds like MJK's room?

Its sounds like a room. That’s all.

MJK's father was in the iron works which might connect with JTR's very sharp knife?

I really can’t believe that you’ve written this one.

JTR seems to of probably had female anatomical knowledge. A woman might have female anatomical knowledge.

So might a man.

Women can multi-task unlike men (re expert-like surgical speed).

Mutilating a woman is one task. Not multi-tasking unless she was doing a spot of ironing at the same time.

Anatomical/surgical knowledge may fit with MJK being a woman & "an excellent scholar" & artist.

of those three things only one is true. She was a woman.

MJK was an aritist which might connect with JTR was adept with a knife, and/or with writing in blood, etc?

How was she an artist? Where have you got this from?

A woman may have escaped notice/suspicion because people/witnesses at the scene would have naturally been sub/consiously more on lookout for man.

Ok.

A woman would be more trusted and less suspected by the victims, and may have canceled out the having to be strong enough to man-handle the victim?

Why would a prostitute thinking only of earning money waste time chatting to a woman?

JTR shown with "a moustache and a big floppy hat", which seems like disguise to hide a woman.

Or it was a man with a moustache wearing a hat.

"DNA from one of the ripper letters was female."
    MJK was a female.

So was Maria Coroner who appeared in court for sending Ripper letters.

The language of the postcard/letters/graffitio ("cuss", "Mister Lusk", etc) seems like either a lower/working class person or a youth or a female. (This may also fit with MJK speaking Welsh?)

The postcard/letters are regarded as fake by most people interested in the case. The Grafitto is probably closer to 50/50 on whether it was written by the ripper. Nothing in any of them implies a female writer?

"the writing analysis said that the person wrote as if they were from Ireland." "an Irish dialect could be detected in one of the letters".
    "MJK spoke frequently about how much she wants to go back home to Ireland."

You said she was Welsh in the last point. The From Hell letter sounds like someone doing an exaggerated comic Irish accent

Seems strange the table behind door in MJK's room...?

It was a tiny room not much space for interior design.

JTR was "some independent genius". MJK was "superior to that of most persons in her position in life", and was a scholar and an artist.

A quote from George Bernard Shaw means zero. Again, how was she a scholar? She had to get Joe Barnett to read the paper to her because she couldn’t read. An illiterate scholar.

"a relative who grew up in the area of the killings in the 1920's was adamant that 'everyone knew Mary Jane Kelly was the Ripper'".

There was a rumour that Kelly was the intended victim. I think there’s been a mix up. No one has ever mentioned Kelly as a killer.

The Puck poster has a woman-like person with a knife in the top right hand corner?

Come on.

In the American "JTR" murder case notes it was said JTR was still in London.

Haven’t a clue what you’re implying with this?

JTR letter said "from Hell". Compare "Whitechapel was considered to be the most notorious criminal rookery in London. The area around Flower and Dean Street was described as "perhaps the foulest and most dangerous street in the whole metropolis". Dorset Street was called "the worst street in London". JTR must have been in Whitechapel area. MJK was in Dorset Street.

​​​​​​​Really?

"The murders drew attention to the poor living conditions in the East End slums...." Which may indicate that JTR was in Whitechapel , and that "he" was a prostitute?

No it doesn’t.

JTR letter said "I'm not a Yid (Jew) nor yet a foreign skipper but I'm your own light-hearted friend", which fits someone like MJK.

Kelly wasnt Jewish or a sailor. True enough!

Casebook.org admin's email "queen mean" suggests a female JTR?

It’s a nickname for Ally Ryder who certainly isn’t Mary Kelly or Jack the Ripper.

MJK was at 13 Miller's Court, and is also connected with Room 13? 13 is a "bad" number.

No it’s not. Numbers aren’t bad.

One or two or a few others have already/also proposed MJK as a JTR suspect.

Have they owned up to it?

Every other possibility I have considered falls apart, while this one makes the most sense (though there is possibly maybe some uncertainty on whether JTR was MJK or someone connected with MJK or Eddowes, &/or ...). None of the usual suspects (like those listed in the Wikipedia JTR suspects article) quite fit.

I struggle to think of a suspect who fits worse than Kelly. Van Gogh comes to mind but only because he wasn’t in the country at the time of the murders.
    Vfor, I had time on my hands so I thought that I’d respond to your long post as it’s good to see a new poster. I have to say though, as I worked through your points, I began to wonder if this was a serious post and not a practical joke? I still can’t make up my mind to be honest. If you’re being serious then I’ll just say, and there’s no point in sugar coating this, Kelly is an absolute non-starter as a suspect. I also think that you’ve been working from some pretty dodgy sources. There’s little more to say I’m afraid except that I don’t think that you’ll get anyone to discuss this theory as it has nothing to commend it.

​​​​​​​All the best

Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

Not sure what that means, its not very good/nice or helpful response. Only discussing actual evidences details matters/helps.
      Hi there,

I share Herlock's sentiments in as much as I'm not totally convinced this is totally serious, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

Only discussing 'actual evidences' can be a bit of a pitfall, since that's the one thing that's sorely lacking from the case, therefore theorising does have a big role to play. However, if you want to go down the facts only route, it's probably best to have some actual facts first. Multi tasking is not a fact, to pick one at random. Mary in a hat and moustache disguise is....well, we'll just move on.

Yes, MJK does get put forward at times, usually connected to some overly convoluted plot. I'm not shooting your ideas down, but if you genuinely want to propose Mary, you're going to need a whole lot stronger argument than "she might have had knowledge of female anatomy". It might come as a dismaying shock, but not many in the community are going to be stunned into re-evaluating their beliefs in light of your 'evidence'. If your serious (if), then listen to the criticism, which will be much, and very grumpy, take it on board and go and reassess things. Don't blindly shoe horn every tenuous link into a pre conceived theory and call it evidence.

But take heart. It's better than the Van Gogh theory.
      Thems the Vagaries.....

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	MJK Disguise.jpg
Views:	419
Size:	54.1 KB
ID:	748165
        My name is Dave. You cannot reach me through Debs email account

Comment

Mary Jane Kelly was the Ripper. The Ripper committed suicide. Interesting theory.

Happy Christmas, everyone.

Simon
          Never believe anything until it has been officially denied.

Comment

Thanks for the welcome and comment c.d. While I do still add to the MJK theory I also keep adding to my notes on other possibe suspects too.

Thanks for the response Herlock.

There are abit too many comments to reply to all at once, and they are are all difficult requiring time and effort and equal cleverness, plus alot seem just unfair dismissals, so I'll just pick a couple/few for now.

"Other suspects are weak?"

I meant my previous other suspects seemed weak, but yes I think many of the common suspects do seem weak for various reasons. For example, some don't even show any name Jack connection (though its possible Jack could have just been an assumed name without any personal connection). Some were Jews or foreigners, though the JTR letter said "I'm not a Yid nor yet a foreign skipper but your own lighthearted friend" (though the letters might not be genuinely by/from JTR). Some don't look/seem much like serial killers (though criminals don't all necessarily look like criminals). Many I couldn't see any connection(s) with the court case reports details aobut the victims and murders.

"Wordplays and anagrams can be found within any case if you look for them".

Maybe that is perhaps so but many JTR theories don't show any connection of the suspects with the name Jack. It is true that there are a number of suspect who do have a possible connection with name Jack, though Jane Kelly seems the best to me.
            Jane Kelly = Ja. K. = Jack(y).
            John Kelly = JK = Jack.
            James Kelly = Ja. k. = Jack.
            James K Stephen = Ja. K. = Jack.
            John Mccormack = J. ...ack = Jack.
            James Maybrick = Ja. ...ck = Jack.
            Etc. A number of suspects have name John or James or Jacob which Jack is short for. Plus Maitre Jacques of the Masons.
            While it is possible that any one could be dismissed, it is also posisble valid evidence to show a suspect has a Jack name connection.

"Or a man".

Yes its possible it could alternatively be a man. But Jacky is more like a woman's name (Jackie) than a man's.

"How was she an artist? Where have you got this from? .... Again, how was she a scholar?"

I'm not sure what my source was, its not possible to record/remember all my sources in all my fields topics of research. But it might have been:
            "Carthy reported Kelly being "an excellent scholar and an artist of no mean degree"."

"I began to wonder if this was a serious post and not a practical joke"

Herlock & Al Bundy: Yes it was serious not unserious. I accept its possible it is wrong, but so far I'm not convinced its not possible. Its abit sad if people are going to be like that refusing to discuss certain candidates or theories or details, though I can understand. My previous candidates included Robert Louis Stevenson, James Kelly, JK Stephen, and others (some unique of my own). That clairvoyant Robert James Lees recently seemed a possible suspect.... I'm open to discusing other candidates in other threads/topics.

DJA: The pictures are not very helpful or decent.

Simon: "Mary Jane Kelly was the Ripper. The Ripper committed suicide. Interesting theory."

I implied that MJK was not really the "MJK" victim.
            Last edited by Vfor; 12-19-2020, 02:09 AM.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	You can't be serious.jpg
Views:	372
Size:	36.6 KB
ID:	748172
              My name is Dave. You cannot reach me through Debs email account

Comment

Originally posted by Simon Wood View Post
                Mary Jane Kelly was the Ripper. The Ripper committed suicide. Interesting theory.

Happy Christmas, everyone.

Simon
                Only the initials are wrong Simon - MJD instead of MJK

Have a good Christmas and I hope that you’re fully recovered?
                Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Hi Herlock

I think you have given sound responses to the theory put forward, but have questions in one respect. That relates to the identification of MJK's body.

Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post
                  "The body said to be hers was mutilated beyond recognition so there is no way to say 100% it was her."

No but 99.999% is good enough.

"MJK" was only identified (by Barnett) by ear & eyes.

True.
                  It is true that the face and body were said to have been so mutilated that identification was all but impossible. I do not find the identification by ear and eyes especially convincing. It has been suggested that ear was misheard/misrecorded and it should have been hair and eyes. Since, by all accounts, MJK had distinctive hair, that seems more plausible to me. Nevertheless, this rather unsatisfactory identification coupled with the two independent witnesses who claim to have seen her after the murder, I think means there is reason for some uncertainty.

Of course, witnesses can be mistaken, but Joseph Barnett is also a witness who could be mistaken if only ears (or hair) and eyes were the identifying features. I have no explanation/theory for MJK's disappearance if it was not her body, and perhaps that is strong reason to believe it was her body in itself, but I don't find this the weakest part of Vfor's theory.

Comment

Reminds me of a story I heard from a fellow physician many years ago. It seems Mary Jane Kelly was actually a transvestite named Murrey Jacob Kallegberg who was the first female in Ireland to have the complete operation. Apparently she skipped town without paying the surgical bill, and the horrendous attack that cost her life was at the hands of the very physician she stiffed who, according to his diary, was determined to either get the money he was owed or repossess the parts!

Sorry for that.
                    Dr. John Watson

"We reach. We grasp. And what is left at the end? A shadow."
                    Sherlock Holmes, The Retired Colourman

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. John Watson View Post
                      Reminds me of a story I heard from a fellow physician many years ago. It seems Mary Jane Kelly was actually a transvestite named Murrey Jacob Kallegberg who was the first female in Ireland to have the complete operation. Apparently she skipped town without paying the surgical bill, and the horrendous attack that cost her life was at the hands of the very physician she stiffed who, according to his diary, was determined to either get the money he was owed or repossess the parts!

Sorry for that.
                      Dr. John Watson
                      Thanks Dr.

I always listen to my friend and biographer of course

Thats a great story. I really want it to be true. Has anyone ever found out if he/she really existed?
                      Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Originally posted by etenguy View Post
                        Hi Herlock

I think you have given sound responses to the theory put forward, but have questions in one respect. That relates to the identification of MJK's body.

It is true that the face and body were said to have been so mutilated that identification was all but impossible. I do not find the identification by ear and eyes especially convincing. It has been suggested that ear was misheard/misrecorded and it should have been hair and eyes. Since, by all accounts, MJK had distinctive hair, that seems more plausible to me. Nevertheless, this rather unsatisfactory identification coupled with the two independent witnesses who claim to have seen her after the murder, I think means there is reason for some uncertainty.

Of course, witnesses can be mistaken, but Joseph Barnett is also a witness who could be mistaken if only ears (or hair) and eyes were the identifying features. I have no explanation/theory for MJK's disappearance if it was not her body, and perhaps that is strong reason to believe it was her body in itself, but I don't find this the weakest part of Vfor's theory.

Hi Eten,

Hair is more plausible of course and you’re right to point out the weakness of the identification plus Maxwell and Lewis statements.

Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Are you're saying that Casebook's admin know who the Ripper was then?

I'm not certain but I think that might be Ally Ryder's email. Ally is a woman.

These are not clues, Fred.
                          It is not yarn leading us to the dark heart of this place.
                          They are half-glimpsed imaginings, tangle of shadows.
                          And you and I floundering at them in the ever vainer hope that we might corral them into meaning when we will not.
                          We will not.

Comment

Originally posted by Ozzy View Post

Are you're saying that Casebook's admin know who the Ripper was then?

I'm not certain but I think that might be Ally Ryder's email. Ally is a woman.
                            Thanks Ozzy,
                            Yeah I did think it was possible that they really know who JTR was, though it was not definitely certain just a possible evidence/connection/support.
                            However Herlock and you might be right that it is from Ally Rider, so I accept that that possible evidence may well be wrong. (Its the only criticism of all my possible evidences that is more strong, the others are all arguable.)

Comment

Mary Jane Kelly was sometimes called Jane Kelly, and Jack(y) the Ripper's name Jack may come from the initials Ja.K. (MJK is also related to John Kelly whose name and initials are similar to Jane Kelly's.)

Or more likely one of the thousands of people called Jack. Or it was a made up name.

The (Eddowes? and) "Mary Jane Kelly" murder(s) is/are the only one(s) of the 5/6/7/11 WC/JTR murders that stand(s) out in various ways. (Also note that Eddowes was also connected with the names Jane Kelly and John Kelly and Mary Ann Kelly, and with Dorset St, and with face mutilation.)

Define "stands out"? Stride's murder stands out because she wasn't mutilated. Martha Tabram and MJK were the only ones killed inside. Eddowes had the face markings. One could create "stand out" definitions for any one, or any group of them.

The name (Saucy) Jacky may indicate a female.

Jacky has rarely been used as a girl's name in the UK. Jackie, maybe. But I am pretty sure more boys have been nicknamed Jacky that girls.

Sir AC Doyle suggested a female JTR ("Jill the Ripper").

And hundreds of people have thought otherwise. Why does Sir Arthur's opinion carry more weight than anyone else's?

JTR and MJK were in the same Whitechapel area. Some forum posters said JTR must've been in or familiar with Spitalfields. "All the identified victims lived in the heart of the rookery in Spitalfields, including three in George Street (later named Lolesworth Street), two in Dorset Street, two in Flower and Dean Street and one in Thrawl Street." "All roads lead to Dorset Street". MJK was in Dorset street, Spitalfields.

There was about a quarter of a million people living in Whitechapel at the time of the murders. A not insignificant number of those were in the streets you have mentioned.

"By using the latest geographical profiling techniques based on the locations of the Ripper’s five victims, experts believe the Victorian serial killer lived in Flower and Dean Street in London’s notorious East End." "All the victims lived very close to Flower and Dean Street."
                              MJK lived in Dorset Street which is only two streets away from Flower & Dean Street on the other side of a main road.

"Two streets away" is a lot of people away, considering how many were stuffed into the houses in this area. There would be thousands who would be living in, or nearer to Flower and Dean Street.

"witnesses who sighted her (MJK) on Dorset Street at seemingly impossible times".

Whilst I agree this is something of a mystery, if MJK had really just staged her own murder, why would she risk pootling around the local pubs, and being seen by neighbours when she is supposed to be dead?

MJK was seen talking with an Jewish man before the murder in a way which seemed like maybe he was going to help her with something big/good (like disappearing) ("you will be alright for what I have told you", puts right hand on shoulder). Perhaps also the "Juwes" graffiti and the Jewish man have a connection? MJK was a scholar so she may have known the Yiddish spelling Juwes?

The Yiddish spelling of "Jews" is אידן. It is not Juwes, even when written in Roman script. What evidence is there that MJK was a "scholar"?

"The body said to be hers was mutilated beyond recognition so there is no way to say 100% it was her."

This is probably true. Without DNA it would be pretty hard to be sure that a body so badly mutilated was a particular individual.

The mutilation of the body of the "Mary Jane Kelly" victim all seems to fit mutilating/marring/removing all identifier features of a body. The clothes were removed, unlike the other JTR/WC murders. Clothes/stuff was burnt, like when destroying evidence? Compare Stewart says the murderess burnt her own clothes in the grate & made her escape wearing Kelly's clothes.

It seems likely that the murderer would have been covered in blood after the killing. Changing clothes would make sense.... except wouldn't MJK's clothes also have been splattered, as they were in the same room? Some unburnt clothes were present (I believe), how many sets of clothes would a woman like MJK own?

"MJK" was only identified (by Barnett) by ear & eyes.

Apparently so. I am not sure what this statement is included for, other than to support the one before last.

MJK was seen by two independent witnesses the day after the murder wearing clothes that were not hers.

I am pretty sure her neighbours were not experts on what MJK may or may not have owned. Saying one hasn't seen a piece of clothing before is not the same as evidence said piece of clothing actually belonged to another person to the one wearing it.

Barnett (also a JTR suspect) gave his evidence very well, like as if maybe he was prepared?

Wouldn't many people prepare what they were going to say at an inquest? He could have guessed he would be asked what he knew of MJK's background, what had happened between them recently and stuff about their living conditions. If I was about to be called to give evidence at an inquest, I know I would have thought about what I was going to say in advance.

Why did the police say the vigilance group's services were no longer required after the MJK murder, and they removed the extra police at/about same time too? "The great hush after MJK"?
                              Compare that the "crimes ended because of the culprit's death"?
                              MJK is the last of the 5 canonical murders.

Many JTR scholars have been surprised at the apparent actions of the police after MJK's death. And many have suggested that this is because they knew who the murder was, and that they were not going to (or going to be able to) commit any more murders. So are you saying they knew full well that MJK had committed the murders, and was not actually dead... but were also sure she was not going to kill any more people? Or that she was the last corpse, so couldn't kill anymore?

But that doesn't explain who killed her - so there is still a particularly savage murderer on the streets.

One has to decide that a certain murder is the last. Many people say MJK's, others say that it is one of the later ones.

MJK was always seen with a spotless white apron.

Was she? What does that have to do with her potentially being the murderer? Her always being seen in a blood splattered apron, well, that would be a different situation...

MJK was "superior to that of most persons in her position in life", & very "quiet" (and often people claim that it is the quiet ones that are the real bad ones).

Do many "superior" and "quiet" people cut throats and disembowel people? Do you have evidence to support this? Is there actual evidence that quiet people are more "bad" than noisy people?

MJK said "whatever you do don't turn out like me".

She was a prosititute, living in a skanky room in one of the worst areas of London. I think all that would qualify her making such a statement. It is not evidence she was a serial killer.

Certain MJK case papers went missing and they were only returned in 1987 on the 100th anniversary of JTR (compare how census not relased for 50/100 yrs for privacy reasons until people are dead).

There are loads of missing papers that have still not turned up. Census data is available after 72 years, not 50 or 100 years. I am not sure what point you are making here.

"Sickert stayed in a room that JTR is said to have once stayed in", which sounds like MJK's room?

Well, most people would say that JTR had indeed been in MJK's room, to cut her to pieces. Why does My Sickert's claim provide any evidence that MJK was a killer? Even if he really did stay in her room.

MJK's father was in the iron works which might connect with JTR's very sharp knife?

In 1888 people could by knives from many dealers, shops, market stalls and so on. One did not have to inherit one or have one's father go make one. I am pretty sure that over 99% of the knife owners of London did not have father's who were "in the iron works".

JTR seems to of probably had female anatomical knowledge. A woman might have female anatomical knowledge.

The average woman of the day was no more likely to know what a uterus actually looks like, or where a kidney is located in the body than the average man. Indeed, statistically somewhat less likely. There were many men working in the butchery and slaughter businesses who would have had rudimentary knowledge of the insides of a mammal. But a lot less women would have ever seen "the innards".

Women can multi-task unlike men (re expert-like surgical speed).

Of course men can multi-task too. My dad could have a conversation with me and smoke a cigarette whilst driving a car. My son can play his guitar, sing a song and walk around at the same time. Do you have evidence that women are faster at disembowling people (or even at surgery)? What multitasking does this actually involve anyway? Surely one would be concentrating on the cutting whilst doing it - indeed, that would be wise if one wanted to keep one's fingers.

Anatomical/surgical knowledge may fit with MJK being a woman & "an excellent scholar" & artist.

In 1888, the vast majority of people with surgical knowledge would have been men. On what evidence are you basing the claim that someone with anatomical/surgical knowledge "may fit" with MJK being a woman? Or an artist?

MJK was an aritist which might connect with JTR was adept with a knife, and/or with writing in blood, etc?

My full time job is as an artist and writer. I am not adept with a knife, other than using a small x-acto knife to trim the flash from Airfix kits. I have never even tried filleting fish, I am a rubbish cook. And although I can do quite pretty calligraphy with normal inks, I have never tried writing in blood. How many artists are good at disembowling people in the dark, at speed.. or writing in blood.

A woman may have escaped notice/suspicion because people/witnesses at the scene would have naturally been sub/consiously more on lookout for man.

This is a valid point. Though one could equally say, with equal validity, that a child would not be suspicious. Or a dog. The whole reason a woman may have escape notice/suspicion is because, statistically, women are much less likely to be responsible for cutting the throat and mutilating someone that a man.

A woman would be more trusted and less suspected by the victims, and may have canceled out the having to be strong enough to man-handle the victim?

Again, valid. Though it could also be argued that if the victims were trying to earn money, they would have been more likely to go somewhere with a man, ie a potential money-paying client, than with a woman. If you are tired and desperate for 4d for your doss, would you want to waste time wandering around with a woman?

JTR shown with "a moustache and a big floppy hat", which seems like disguise to hide a woman.

Who "shows" JTR like this? Reliable witnesses? Why does it seem like a "disguise to hide a woman" anymore than a disguise to hide a man?

"DNA from one of the ripper letters was female."
                              MJK was a female.

How do you know the letter was written by JTR? How do you know that no other women could have touched it from 1888 to the time when DNA was first able to be obtained from letters?

The language of the postcard/letters/graffitio ("cuss", "Mister Lusk", etc) seems like either a lower/working class person or a youth or a female. (This may also fit with MJK speaking Welsh?)

I have no idea what this has to do with MJK speaking Welsh. Neither "cuss" nor "Mister Lusk" are Welsh terms. What is your evidence that there is language that is likely to be from a "youth or a female"? What evidence is there that any of the postcards, letters or graffito were actually written by JTR?

"the writing analysis said that the person wrote as if they were from Ireland." "an Irish dialect could be detected in one of the letters".
                              "MJK spoke frequently about how much she wants to go back home to Ireland."

A valid point. But again this is assuming the letters were even written by JTR.

Seems strange the table behind door in MJK's room...?

Strange, maybe. Indicative that she was the murderer and the body in the room was not MJK? Erm, why?

JTR was "some independent genius". MJK was "superior to that of most persons in her position in life", and was a scholar and an artist.

You said this earlier. But again, being a scholar and an artist doesn't equate to being a serial killer.

"a relative who grew up in the area of the killings in the 1920's was adamant that 'everyone knew Mary Jane Kelly was the Ripper'".

The 1920's were 40 years after the murders, that is a full generation later. My grandmother told me that if I ate my crusts, my hair would curl.

The Puck poster has a woman-like person with a knife in the top right hand corner?

Are you saying that Puck magazine knew MJK was the killer, and was (for some reason) showing this in their poster... BUT weren't actually telling the police to stop her?

In the American "JTR" murder case notes it was said JTR was still in London.

How does this reinforce the claim?

JTR letter said "from Hell". Compare "Whitechapel was considered to be the most notorious criminal rookery in London. The area around Flower and Dean Street was described as "perhaps the foulest and most dangerous street in the whole metropolis". Dorset Street was called "the worst street in London". JTR must have been in Whitechapel area. MJK was in Dorset Street.

Hmm, no idea what you are trying to say here other than repeating that Whitechapel was pretty skanky.

"The murders drew attention to the poor living conditions in the East End slums...." Which may indicate that JTR was in Whitechapel , and that "he" was a prostitute?

So, JTR was a good person who wanted to help "her" fellow prostitutes by raising awareness of their dreadul living conditions.. by brutally slaughtering them?

JTR letter said "I'm not a Yid (Jew) nor yet a foreign skipper but I'm your own light-hearted friend", which fits someone like MJK.

How many millions of other people does it also fit? It fits me. I am not Jewish, nor any type of skipper. I am quite light-hearted. I guess I should be glad my father wasn't "in the iron works".

Seriously?

MJK was at 13 Miller's Court, and is also connected with Room 13? 13 is a "bad" number.

You must know that this is not evidence of anything at all.

One or two or a few others have already/also proposed MJK as a JTR suspect.

Sources? Evidence presented?

Every other possibility I have considered falls apart, while this one makes the most sense (though there is possibly maybe some uncertainty on whether JTR was MJK or someone connected with MJK or Eddowes, &/or ...). None of the usual suspects (like those listed in the Wikipedia JTR suspects article) quite fit.
                              Hmm, I type all that out, and it still wants something here before I can actually post...

Comment

Thanks Azarna. Thats a more challenging criticism with some good points, and I see that some of my points might be wrong, though I still don't see that the whole case is weaker.

Sorry this is abit long. It would have been better to only address a few points/evidences at a time, though I appreciate such a full response.

"Or more likely one of the thousands of people called Jack. Or it was a made up name."

Personally I think that JTR must have chose the name Jack/Jacky for some reason. Yes it is possible he/she chose it for a reason not personally connected like Springhealed Jack or Union Jack or other. But there are some suspects like MJK who have a good possible personal connection with the name Jack, and I find it more convincing than those who have an unknown non-personal reason for chosing the name Jack.
                                In any case although it is possible that Jack(y) might not be from Jane Kelly (Ja. K...(y), it is nevertheless also possible that it might be and it is valid possible evidence along with other evidences.
                                Some other suspects like Kosminski have no demonstrated reason for chosing the name Jack, though it is possible it may not be possible to discover the reason why JTR chose Jack if it was a non-personal reason.

JTR is perhaps not likely to have used Jack/Jacky if it was his/her real life name.

"Define "stands out"?" (re of the 5/6/7/11 Eddowes & MJK stand out.)

I'll have to refresh my self (its along time since I studied JTR) and try remember or refind the reasons why I thought (Eddowes? &) MJK stands out. Give me some time to go away and re-research whenever I am able to.

Of the "thousands of Jacks" and "quarter of a million" and "alot of people" and "thousands" only some are suspects, many can be fairly safely dismissed going by all the known details and evidences.

"The Yiddish spelling of "Jews" is אידן. It is not Juwes, even when written in Roman script.?"

You are right I made a minor mistake, Juwes is not Yiddish, but 'Juwes' is a known Masonic name for Jews in the murder of Hiram Abiff ritual.
                                There are 3 instances of Jews in the JTR cases: Juwes in the graffito, Yid in the JTR letter, and the Jewish man MJK was seen talking with. Any 2 or 3 of them might or might not be connected with each other.

"what evidence is there that MJK was a scholar?"

As I said to Herlock, I can't remember or find my original source but I think it may have been "Carthy reported Kelly being "an excellent scholar and an artist of no mean degree"."

"It seems likely that the murderer would have been covered in blood after the killing. Changing clothes would make sense.... except wouldn't MJK's clothes also have been splattered, as they were in the same room?"

I can't remember the details from my source but I thought it was "MJK's" clothes that were burnt not JTR's?
                                Why would JTR-not-MJK burn his or MJK-not-JTR's clothes in MJK's room, did he have another set to don or did he wear MJK's?
                                Why would MJK-not-JTR burn her own clothes or JTR-not-MJK's clothes?
                                Whereas if MJK was JTR then her burning her own clothes or her victim's makes sense for removing all identification of her victim or of her self.

"I am pretty sure her neighbours were not experts on what MJK may or may not have owned. Saying one hasn't seen a piece of clothing before is not the same as evidence said piece of clothing actually belonged to another person to the one wearing it."

The point was MJK was seen by 2 witnesses that day after the murder, not so much that she was wearing different clothes.
                                People can become familiar with clothes one often wears.

"Wouldn't many people prepare what they were going to say at an inquest? He could have guessed he would be asked what he knew of MJK's background, what had happened between them recently and stuff about their living conditions. If I was about to be called to give evidence at an inquest, I know I would have thought about what I was going to say in advance." (Re Barnett gave his evidence very well.)

People can't be sure what questions one will be asked in court or even by doctors. I know from personal experience its impossible to know for sure exactly what type of questions court/doctor will ask you. Humans are no inhuman robots like this regime often implies.
                                I thought/felt Barnett gave his evidence just a little too well. Maybe it is not definite proof but it is not definitely not-possible evidence either.

"So are you saying they knew full well that MJK had committed the murders, and was not actually dead... but were also sure she was not going to kill any more people?"

You make a good point, I hadn't thought/seen that angle.
                                What my thoughts were was that I thought the police soon realised that "MJK's" identifying features marred to fool people into thinking it was MJK, and that MJK/JTR had staged a disguise and getaway, and so they saw it was the last one and knew that MJK/JTR wouldn't return to life and murder again.
                                Not sure if I remember correctly but the removing extra police was also after one suspect drowned in the river, but I didn't think there was much of a good case for that suspect being JTR.

"Of course men can multi-task too. .... Do you have evidence that women are faster at disembowling people (or even at surgery)? What multitasking does this actually involve anyway?"

More women are more known to be better multitaskers than men (women have left and right brain in cooperative interaction use at same time while men only have one side, though men can develop having both at same time).
                                Maybe you and the other person might be right that I maybe misassociated multitasking with murderous surgical speed, but it does seem like they could be connected.

"On what evidence are you basing the claim that someone with anatomical/surgical knowledge "may fit" with MJK being a woman? Or an artist?"

Women might be more likely to know about womens' anatomy. Some artists do often study/know human anatomy. A scholar can know human anatomy from study. MJK was all 3 allegedly.

"Who "shows" JTR like this? Reliable witnesses? Why does it seem like a "disguise to hide a woman" anymore than a disguise to hide a man?"

Yes its possible that the hat and moustache in the 2 1888 alleged-witness descriptions & artists portraits of JTR described as [a man with] "a big moustache and a floppy hat" by a poster in an Atlantis Online forum thread could equally have been a disguise for a man, but it is also possible it could have been to disguise/cover for a woman. A moustache is male so may suggest a female. A woman's head hair/etc is different to a man's, and someone here said MJK's hair was distinctive?

The two witnesses protraits are very similar.

"What evidence is there that any of the postcards, letters or graffito were actually written by JTR?"

I agree that the JTR letters can't be sure or proven that they were or weren't written by JTR. But the match of the letter and suspect is possible evidence.
                                The words cuss and mister etc suggested to me someone like a youth or woman or certain class. I can't better put into words the thoughts/feelings.

"Strange, maybe. Indicative that she was the murderer and the body in the room was not MJK? Erm, why?" (re table behind MJK's door)

The table behind the door in MJK's room suggested that she might have been prepared to block police or others from barging in.

"Are you saying that Puck magazine knew MJK was the killer, and was (for some reason) showing this in their poster... BUT weren't actually telling the police to stop her?"

You might be right about the Puck poster. I stupidly didn't think to check the date.

"How does this reinforce the claim?" (re Americans said JTR was still in London)

Just that it suggests they maybe knew who JTR was and knew JTR was (still) in London, and MJK was in London (though she might not have been after the "MJK" murder, which might be a flaw in my point).

"Sources? Evidence presented?" (re others have also suggested MJK)

I didn't record all my sources and I may not be able to remember them all. There are two or three threads/topics in this forum which suggested MJK as a suspect. I've also seen 1 or 2 others who have suggested MJK as a suspect which I can't remember sorry. Not sure if I saw all their evidences but what I did see they were not as quantity or quality as the ones I collated.

The other points that I didn't answer can be argued either way, and/or they are not definite disproofs only like dismissals.

Comment

Working...
                                X