No announcement yet.

Apron placement as intimidation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's only because the graffito mentioned 'Juwes' (I still think that was a misreading of Jewes but hey ho) and was scrawled in a Jewish tenement building that the police took the precaution of scrubbing it out. Not because the words were distinctly pro or anti-semitic.

Comment

• I'm not suggesting that there were no Jewish prostitutes (I know full well that this was not the case) but that they would have been much fewer in number than their gentile counterparts. I believe that I'm on pretty safe ground in that regard.
      Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
        People of a certain class dressed pretty much alike back then.
        That may be correct, but I wasn't referring to superficial elements such as what they wore. I was referring to the substantial similarities, age, height and face. It is one of the reasons I fall on the side of Tabram probably being a ripper victim. Compare Martha Tabram's face to Annie Chapman's particularly, but all have similar features and hair.

Comment

• Originally posted by etenguy View Post
          That may be correct, but I wasn't referring to superficial elements such as what they wore. I was referring to the substantial similarities, age, height and face. It is one of the reasons I fall on the side of Tabram probably being a ripper victim. Compare Martha Tabram's face to Annie Chapman's particularly, but all have similar features and hair.
          Neither looks much like Nichols, Stride or Eddowes, all three of whom don't much resemble each other. Also, Tabram was fat, whilst Chapman was undernourished.
          Kind regards, Sam Flynn

Comment

• Jack would most likely kill the women he encountered most in the middle of the night. Unfortunately for the victims that meant women who where desperate for money. The women most likely desperate for money would be middle aged,their looks well gone, fallen on hard times with little prospect of making money elsewhere. Prettier younger women would, if they wanted to prostitute themselves [ for whatever reason ] would most likely be employed in brothels where it would be a lot safer, or have their own rooms where unscrupulous landlords might think they can make some money off them, like Mary Jane. That is the reality of the situation, and that's how the victims are who the victim's are.

Comment

• Good post, Darryl, and I agree with what you said.
              Kind regards, Sam Flynn

Comment

• Originally posted by Darryl Kenyon View Post
                Prettier younger women would, if they wanted to prostitute themselves [ for whatever reason ] would most likely be employed in brothels where it would be a lot safer, or have their own rooms where unscrupulous landlords might think they can make some money off them, like Mary Jane. That is the reality of the situation, and that's how the victims are who the victim's are.
                Yet, the young and fair Frances Coles was picking up sailors in the Princess Alice.

Comment

• Yet, the young and fair Frances Coles was picking up sailors in the Princess Alice.
                  I am not saying the victims where written in Stone Jon. What i am saying is that the majority of women walking the streets at say 2 in the morning would be more like Polly than Francis.
                  The Yorkshire ripper attacked Prostitutes, yet all his victims weren't, but the majority where because they where the easier targets for him
                  Last edited by Darryl Kenyon; 03-16-2018, 05:29 AM. Reason: adding

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
                    They would have been very thin on the ground, for cultural and statistical reasons. The idea of Jack "targeting" prostitutes on the basis of their religion, or anything else for that matter, is very unlikely in any case. I'd suggest that he took whatever opportunities presented themselves.
                    Bingo
                    "Is all that we see or seem
                    but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe

"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
                    quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

• Originally posted by etenguy View Post
                      Hi Eten

This is pretty much a myth that serial killers target women who look a certain way. Basically its been put down to forensic psychologists pet theories trying to justify there existence.

Ex-It was widely circulated by some that Bundy was targeting women that looked like his first girlfriend who spurned him. Thing is he got her back and blatently spurned her. she was going to marry him.

and when asked he said that idea was bunk. he said its just because all girls basically looked like that at the time, and specifically denied he was trying to target girls that looked like her.

I'm sure the ripper was after any woman who would accompany him to a secluded place. and desperate prostitutes were the ones.
                      "Is all that we see or seem
                      but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe

"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
                      quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

Working...
                      X