Centenaries - whole and half

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• d

If I complete my mission in 2058, I should have about 7500 crime date accounts on here.
    Last edited by sdreid; 01-24-2016, 01:30 PM.
    This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Comment

• 50 years ago - 1966 January 29 - In the early morning hours, the mutilated body of Wilhelmina Kruger is found at the foot of some stairs in the Piccadilly Arcade. The 57-year-old victim was the cleaning lady at the Wollongong, Australia facility. Her murder was never solved.
      Last edited by sdreid; 01-24-2016, 01:26 PM.

Stan Reid

Comment

• 100 years ago - 1916 January 30 - In New York, Hannah Peck dies three weeks after being given a cocktail of lethal bacteria by her so-in-law Dr. Arthur Warren Waite. The doctor then went on to kill her husband and was in the process of doing the same to his own wife when he was found out. His motive was the collection of inheritance and life insurance benefits. Waite went to the eletric chair in 1917.

Stan Reid

Comment

• 100 years ago - 1916 February 2 - Maude Lynch succumbs at The Archer Home for the Elderly and Infirm in Windsor, Connecticut. The woman and other patients as well as some husbands of the establishment's owner, Amy Archer-Gilligan, are later found to have been killed with arsenic. The motive was the collection of insurance benefits. Sister Amy, as she was called, was convicted of another murder and sent to prison for life. In 1924, the killer was transferred to an insane asylum where she died in 1962.
          Last edited by sdreid; 01-29-2016, 02:16 PM.

Stan Reid

Comment

• 50 years ago - 1966 February 6 - On a beach outside of Dublin, Peggy Flynn, 49, is found murdered. The Irish prostitute had been strangled with one of her own stockings. A soldier named Maurice Murdock, 24, first confessed to the killing but later reversed his admission and was found not guilty at his trial. The case is still officially unsolved.

Stan Reid

Comment

• Originally posted by sdreid View Post
              50 years ago - 1966 January 26 - The three Beaumont Siblings, Jane, 9, Anna, 7, and Grant, 4, vanish from Glenelg Beach near Adelaide. During the day, the children had been seen in the company of an unidentified adult male. They have never been found and this mystery is still unsolved. Many suspect that they were murdered and that this crime might be related to other child slayings and disappearances, including the Wanda Beach Murders, one year previous.
              And yet again this year police are begging for someone to come forward.

Can't possibly see any connection to Wanda Beach where two adults were killed half a continent away.
              G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

• It is very sad when a child is murdered, and there is no closure for the parents. It's even sadder when the police have a good suspect, but no evidence to arrest him on.
                A local child murder in my area occurred in July 1991, when a 10 year old boy was stabbed to death. In 2014, one of the chief suspects was sentenced for an unreleated charge. Does that help the parents or the police officers on Jakeob's case? I don't know...
                Last edited by Pcdunn; 02-01-2016, 05:01 PM. Reason: Typo
                Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
                ---------------
                Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
                ---------------

Comment

• Originally posted by Pcdunn View Post
                  It is very sad when a child is murdered, and there is no closure for the parents. It's even sadder when the police have a good suspect, but no evidence to arrest him on.
                  A local child murder in my area occurred in July 1991, when a 10 year old boy was stabbed to death. In 2014, one of the chief suspects was sentenced for an unreleated charge. Does that help the parents or the police officers on Jakeob's case? I don't know...
                  http://blogs.denverpost.com/coldcase...lakewood/8872/
                  I've dealt with a few people in that position over the years (in different capacities) I'm not sure anything helps to be honest.

We don't have the death penalty here, but I doubt that really helps either.

In one situation the perpetrator was killed in gaol, the father was actually devastated, he had thought of such a thing happening many times and thought it would help, but when he realized it didn't bring his little boy back it actually made things worse for him. I think it was the stark reality tha nothing (except maybe time) would ever make it hurt any less.
                  G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

• Every few years a report comes outthat the Beaumont children have been found alive somewhere.

Nothing ever comes of it.

Adelaide has had a few kids disappear over the years.
                    G U T

Comment

• Think the police have a very good idea who the murderer was.

Paedophile. Known to be in that area at that time.
                      My name is Dave. You cannot reach me through Debs email account

Comment

• 50 years ago - 1966 February 10 - Eighteen-year-old Garry Heywood is shot in the head and killed after leaving a dance in Australia. His date, Abina Madill, 16, was raped and beaten to death. The case went unsolved for over 19 years when Raymond Edmunds was arrested for a lesser crime and it was discovered that his fingerprints matched those the perpetrator had left at the scene of the double murder. Edmunds was sent to prison for life and is suspected of possibly committing many more rapes and murders.
                        Last edited by sdreid; 02-06-2016, 03:00 PM.

Stan Reid

Comment

• Originally posted by sdreid View Post
                          50 years ago - 1966 February 10 - Eighteen-year-old Garry Heywood is shot in the head and killed after leaving a dance in Australia. His date, Abina Madill, 16, was raped and beaten to death. The case went unsolved for over 19 years when Raymond Edmunds was arrested for a lesser crime and it was discovered that his fingerprints matched those the perpetrator had left at the scene of the double murder. Edmunds was sent to prison for life and is suspected of possibly committing many more rapes and murders.
                          Must be getting old. I remember that one.
                          G U T

Comment

• Yes, Gut, I wasn't in Australia in the 60's but I remember the arrest of Raymond Edmunds. Wasn't he christened Mr Stinky due to his industrial type smell being noted when he performed a series of rapes? I believe he was only caught because NSW took his fingerprints on that later occasion for some minor offence.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosella View Post
                              Yes, Gut, I wasn't in Australia in the 60's but I remember the arrest of Raymond Edmunds. Wasn't he christened Mr Stinky due to his industrial type smell being noted when he performed a series of rapes? I believe he was only caught because NSW took his fingerprints on that later occasion for some minor offence.
                              Flashing it at school kids if I remember.
                              G U T

Comment

• And yep good old Mr Stinky.
                                G U T

Comment

Working...
                                X