Vic Reeves Investigates JtR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vic Reeves Investigates JtR

I watched this program on sky two last night. Reeves suggests 5 main suspects at the start (kosminski, druitt, chapman, tumblety and cutbush) and uses several experts to narrow down these suspects (graphologist, medium, historian, profiler).

Using these at the end he names Tumblety most likely to be the killer.

I wasn't impressed with the program as i feel it left too much out.

Did anybody else see this? any views?

Peter
    Living the Dream!

I saw this when it was first aired and someone was kind enough to get hold of a copy on dvd. As soon as the name "Vic Reeves" popped up I expected shanninigans aplenty, and just could not get into the documentary.
    Regards Mike

Comment

The same thoughts went through my head when i saw "Vic Reeves Investigates".
      Living the Dream!

Comment

After watching it I was Dizzy, Dizzy my head is spinning.....

from the Big Night Out tour. PS I don't own the content. No copyright infringment intended

First time I saw Mary Kelly I had to make her mine,
        But you had Barnet and Mcarthy around you all the time,

I want you laid on that bed, the wall behind you painted red,
        You're going round in circle all the time

Finally got to talk to you,
        and I told you just exactly how I felt,
        Then I held you close to me,
        and I ripped you, and your heart began to melt,

Girl you've got control of me
        'Cause I'm so dizzy, I can't see
        I need to call doctor Bond for some help
        Regards Mike

Comment

I have just come across this thread.....made me laugh because a friend of mine from school played Polly Nichols in this !! ....she wanted MJK but Vic told her that his wife would be playing her and was rather rude !!

Comment

For anyone interested the Vic Reeves Investigates...Jack the Ripper is currently available on YouTube, probably for a limited time. It's broken up into 3 segments.

Here are the URL's:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Have fun.
            "Now this is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning." Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by revpetero View Post
              The same thoughts went through my head when i saw "Vic Reeves Investigates".
              To be fair, he may well be best known for his marmite comedy (Shooting Stars stopped being funny a decade ago...) but Vic Reeves is also something of an authority on pirates, highwaymen and smugglers. I can see that JTR is a subject he must have wanted to make a documentary about, but get the feeling Sky wanted a Vic Reeves vehicle and not a JTR documentary.
              There Will Be Trouble! http://www.amazon.co.uk/A-Little-Tro...s=T.+E.+Hodden

Comment

Originally posted by BillyE View Post
                For anyone interested the Vic Reeves Investigates...Jack the Ripper is currently available on YouTube, probably for a limited time. It's broken up into 3 segments.

Here are the URL's:

Have fun.
                Thank you!

I would second your warning about watching it quickly--the Vic Reeves shows usually get violated and removed pretty quickly
                “Sans arme, sans violence et sans haine”

Comment

I just tried to watch it. Couldn't get past the 10 minute mark. This guy's useless.

Mike
                  huh?

Comment

I appreciate the poster's links regardless of what I think of Vic Reeves. Thanks

Mike
                    huh?

Comment

Working...
                    X