Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's official--and you're reading it first!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's official--and you're reading it first!

I thought about putting this in the CYAC JTR thread, but this stands by itself.

We're going to do a CD of the show! It'll be a four day session starting 2/9/09. Two sessions will be set aside for the orchestra to record their stuff, then the next two sessions will be for the vocals. Those of us who sang lead roles will have a pretty full schedule, since we'll need to go in and lay down "scratch vocals".

I'm really, really excited! As long as I've been singing, I've never done anything like this. People have asked me for years if I have a CD and I don't--that's one of those things on my "to do" list.

I have no idea when the final product will be available or any details about how you can buy it. But when I do, I'll let you know!

Nice one, Diva. Just in time for Christmas, I hope!
    Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

Oh, I don't think it'll take 'em that long to get it mixed and produced! But I hope we have it by then!

Comment

Hi Diva,

Many Congratulations!

Best Regards,

ANNA.x

Comment

Just found out a few minutes ago that the sessions have been postponed. A sprinkler pipe burst and flooded the studio last night. The place is a mess.

Repairs are underway and we might be able to start around 2/17. However, it could be a longer delay, depending on how things go.

Will keep you posted.

Comment

I was right about the longer delay. Saw Mark (composer) last night and he said they're looking at May. Renovations are still in progress.

Comment

Hello everyone,
              First off, my apologies for not posting in a while. Things have been very, very crazy/busy with me for some time--some good, some not so good.

It's almost 1 year since we premiered the show (10/2/08) and unfortunately, we STILL haven't gotten around to recording the music yet! The studio's basically repaired; in fact, I got to see it for the first time when my significant other and I filmed a band rehearsing there about three weeks ago.

Soooo, I'm not exactly holding my breath, but am still hoping we'll actually record somewhere down the road.

Earlier in the summer, the composer was talking with me and the actor who played Abberline after a performance of "Rent" (our "Jack" played the role of Roger in that production) and said he'd like to do the show again. We both told him just give us the word and we'll be there!

I've only done two performances this year--singing "Summertime" with a small orchestra during a fundraising event and singing the National Anthem before a minor league baseball game. While I needed a break, there hasn't been a lot of shows I've been interested in doing.

On top of that, my mother, who turned 80 in late July, is dealing with some health issues at the moment. She's having surgery on 10/9 to remove a small mass from her left kidney. Luckily, the doctor is going to do it using robotics (DaVinci), so it'll be less invasive than the conventional procedure. Needless to say, that's top priority at the moment.

I hope everyone here is doing well! Just because I haven't been around doesn't mean I've forgotten about you all.

Comment

Welcome back Divakind!

It's been a crazy Summer.

Glad to see all your musical bits and pieces moving along nicely.

My best wishes to your mum...hope all goes well for you both.

ANNA.

Comment

Working...
                X