Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 hours

Hello Andy. Thanks.

I'd love to--but it was roughly two hours before Liz.

But, as I've said before, it was solved. So, no threads about treble events.

Cheers.
    LC

Comment

Originally posted by lynn cates View Post
      Hello Andy. Thanks.

I'd love to--but it was roughly two hours before Liz.

But, as I've said before, it was solved. So, no threads about treble events.

Cheers.
      LC
      Hello lynn
      bugger...youve just spoiled me new book...

Comment

Originally posted by andy1867 View Post
        Hello lynn
        bugger...youve just spoiled me new book...
        You could have 5 new books with JtR making no appearance in this multiple killer hypothesis.

When some people complain about a psychological profile linking all 5, they suddenly become expert psychological profilers when it comes to why their pet suspect mutilated.

When some people complain about location linking all 5, they suddenly become expert geoprofilers on their suspects location linking them to a murder.

When some people complain about timing linking victims, they suddenly become expert time keepers on their pet suspects movements.

It is one thing to be agnostic about expert opinion, its another to denounce them and then try to become one yourself.
        Bona fide canonical and then some.

Comment

Originally posted by Batman View Post
          You could have 5 new books with JtR making no appearance in this multiple killer hypothesis.

When some people complain about a psychological profile linking all 5, they suddenly become expert psychological profilers when it comes to why their pet suspect mutilated.

When some people complain about location linking all 5, they suddenly become expert geoprofilers on their suspects location linking them to a murder.

When some people complain about timing linking victims, they suddenly become expert time keepers on their pet suspects movements.

It is one thing to be agnostic about expert opinion, its another to denounce them and then try to become one yourself.
          I don't believe ive ever professed to be an expert in any way shape or form in either discipline..
          I simply enjoy debating the mystery with whoever may want to join in.
          Neither have I denounced anyone, Ive neither knowledge enough of the subject nor the inclination to turn a discussion into an argument...
          I really don't expect to have to acknowledge a geoprofiler, to find several murders in the same small area within hours of each other, an area where similar murders have recently occured...as rather strange, But I'm prepared to see any argument otherwise...and am mainly grateful for any input...No matter which Superhero they are named after..Bruce

Comment

It was a general statement not directed at you but in addition to the obvious fact that its yet a way to write more JtR books.

Judging by your reply about my points, I see you understand them.
            Last edited by Batman; 04-01-2015, 05:29 AM.

Comment

It was a general statement not directed at you but in addition to the obvious fact that its yet a way to write more JtR books.
              Being acquainted with the facts has hardly been a yardstick for writing on the subject,,,,with a few notable exceptions...(out of the ones Ive read anyway)
              That doesn't make me adverse to any sort of speculation though...and lets be honest, thats what most of us do on here, and have to..to a certain degree,
              It leaves me open to any argument thats not too outlandish, but even the more outlandish ones I'll give respect to the opinion of the writer.

Comment

At least get an analogy right I would think

Originally posted by Harry D View Post
                But it WAS solved, Lynn, so your point is irrelevant.
                Right.

The thing about the Brown analogy to Stride/Eddowes is that its a bad analogy, especially the timing part.

As we can read on this thread the analogy is saying 'IF' Mr. Brown could have made his way to Strides location by some way, then this is the same as the Stride/Eddowes timing point.

That's totally WRONG. It shows the timing issue between Stride and Eddowes is not fully comprehended.

The timing issue between Stride and Eddowes is that if you walk from Berner St, towards Mitre Square and if Eddowes walked from the police station to Mitre square, the timing is exact. Its an argument from trajectories that overlap at the crucial time. An argument from physics.

The Mr. Brown argument has no such crucial overlap.

Comment

Right.

The thing about the Brown analogy to Stride/Eddowes is that its a bad analogy, especially the timing part.

As we can read on this thread the analogy is saying 'IF' Mr. Brown could have made his way to Strides location by some way, then this is the same as the Stride/Eddowes timing point.

That's totally WRONG. It shows the timing issue between Stride and Eddowes is not fully comprehended.

The timing issue between Stride and Eddowes is that if you walk from Berner St, towards Mitre Square and if Eddowes walked from the police station to Mitre square, the timing is exact. Its an argument from trajectories that overlap at the crucial time. An argument from physics.

The Mr. Brown argument has no such crucial overlap.
                  I thought the point Lynn was making was about my query regarding how "usual" that kind of murder was at the time...i.e 1888..not time as in the "Time" it took the murderer to walk to Mitre Sq...any road upwards..I'm sure Lynn can answer that if deemed necessary.
                  For my part I think he was disturbed during the Stride murder and still had a sort of bloodlust upon him..unsatiated and came across Eddowes.
                  Ive read several books that espouse Stride not being a ripper victim, and I think that the act in itself, at the time..in that area..in the middle of a series of "Like" murders, for the want of other evidence points to the same man...
                  I admit all mine is simply supposition..I have an even more outlandish theory concerning the graffiti..and Eddowes....but I believe I'll keep that to meself

Comment

Originally posted by andy1867 View Post
                    I thought the point Lynn was making was about my query regarding how "usual" that kind of murder was at the time...i.e 1888..not time as in the "Time" it took the murderer to walk to Mitre Sq...any road upwards..I'm sure Lynn can answer that if deemed necessary.
                    He meant timing as per a 'Triple Event' (his words) within hours of each other, not just 1888.

Comment

He meant timing as per a 'Triple Event' (his words) within hours of each other, not just 1888.
                      No..It was an answer regarding the rarity of that type of Crime in 1888..in answer to my question regarding the same..."the treble event"..was a tongue in cheek reference to my question..

Comment

You don't think he is implying that his time argument is the same as the double event thus making it a triple event if Mr. Brown hadn't turned himself in, therefore rendering the Stride/Eddowes timing connection just a bias?

After reading it again I think he was.

Comment

You don't think he is implying that his time argument is the same as the double event thus making it a triple event if the Mr. Brown hadn't turned himself in, therefore rendering the Stride/Eddowes timing connection just a bias?

I think he was.
                          We would have to agree to differ then mate.....I'm sure if Brown hadn't either turned himself in or been caught..There would be more than Lynn Crates making connections...
                          To be honest I'm not joining in arguments for the sake of joining in..I'm prepared to listen to most..If I disagree I'll simply leave it at that and move on..it oft times degenerates to rancour on here..and that quite honestly bores the backside offa me

Comment

Hello Batman ,

I do rather like this , although , would not an argument from physics require a whole bunch of exact parameters we have no idea of knowing ? Of course there is also the blind faith argument, that it was definitely the same killer ergo , he had to be there so he did it . Physics could also forward the argument that Stride was killed because she was about to blow the whistle on her man heading off to rob the post office .. There is a whole bunch of conjecture that could come into play without exact parameters ..

But we do know this for sure ..

"The appearance of the injury to her throat was not in itself inconsistent with that of a self-inflicted wound. Both Dr. Phillips and Dr. Blackwell have seen self- inflicted wounds more extensive and severe, but those have not usually involved the carotid artery. Had some sharp instrument been found near the right hand of the deceased this case might have had very much the appearance of a determined suicide."
                            Is it unusual that two women were killed within an hour of each other ? Yes . Does it mean they are 100% connected ? not necessarily . If Stride was murdered the day before or the day after she would not be C5 .. fact !

moonbegger

Comment

Basic physics covers it, really. Very simple trajectories explained here

Comment

Basic physics covers it, really. Very simple trajectories explained here

http://forum.casebook.org/showthread.php?t=8755
                                OK .. so I guess he must have done it !! Rob the post office that is

Although I think the facts we know for sure regarding Stride's murder, easily out way all the unstable conjecture contained within trajectories and unsubstantiated physics theories .

How's this ... Strides man kills her , then heads off to rob the post office , at the same time Bob the builder AKA ( JTR ) leaves the Gun pub heading down to St Botolf's for a bit of late night action .. Bingo bango !! its a perfect match , trajectories all work , physics is happy , case closed

Comment

Working...
                                X