X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
    Hi ginger and pcdunn
    I see what your saying and point taken.

However, as a history major who has a fascination with the great figures in history, great men and women who did amazing things I'm so very impressed with ones who did it and were great leaders. Ones that exhibited great leadership and part of that is doing it while retaining high moral standards. For example leaders like the Roman general cincinatus, Alexander the Great, george Washington, Lincoln, FDR (and yes I know he probably had an affair), Winston Churchill.

Not all leaders need be scumbags, nor should we merely blow off there faults as being "human". Especially if those faults are pretty heinous. I think leaders should be held to higher standards.
    But that's just me.
    We're blessed when we have men of Churchill's calibre to lead us. How many of those are alive at any one time, though?

And I'm grown perhaps too cynical, and too willing to settle for adequate over excellent.
    Last edited by Ginger; 04-19-2017, 08:23 AM. Reason: Afterthought
    - Ginger

Comment

Id be remiss if I didn't mention that Fox has fired Bill O'Reilly.

If even a fraction of the charges against him have merit-then good riddance I say and good job to the Murdochs for finally trying to clear up their culture of sexual harassment. although its taken too long.
      "Is all that we see or seem
      but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe

"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
      quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

Taken way too long as FOX had been paying off on charges against him for years....but better late then never

but fear not.. someone will hire him....I give it 2-3 months till he is back on the air

Steadmund Brand
        "The truth is what is, and what should be is a fantasy. A terrible, terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago."- Lenny Bruce

Comment

Originally posted by Steadmund Brand View Post
          Taken way too long as FOX had been paying off on charges against him for years....but better late then never

but fear not.. someone will hire him....I give it 2-3 months till he is back on the air

Steadmund Brand
          I hope not. and I actually doubt it -I think hes done.but your right-they should have cleared this crap up a long time ago!!!!

-Edgar Allan Poe

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

I hope not. and I actually doubt it -I think hes done.but your right-they should have cleared this crap up a long time ago!!!!
            See Abby we can agree on things!!! I hope not as well, and it should have been cleared up LONG AGO

But I notice you didn't respond to my being a NY Yankees fan.. could it be we agree on more???

Steadmund Brand
            "The truth is what is, and what should be is a fantasy. A terrible, terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago."- Lenny Bruce

Comment

See Abby we can agree on things!!! I hope not as well, and it should have been cleared up LONG AGO

But I notice you didn't respond to my being a NY Yankees fan.. could it be we agree on more???

Steadmund Brand
              nope. hate the Yankees. : (

I'm a DC/Baltimore dude

-Edgar Allan Poe

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

It is rumored that Eisenhower had an affair with his secretary during WWII. I believe she wrote a book about it called "Four Years Under Ike."

c.d.

Comment

Steadmund Brand
                  Forget the charges. He should have been fired for being an obnoxious ***hole.

c.d.

Comment

nope. hate the Yankees. : (

I'm a DC/Baltimore dude
                    So is it Orioles or Nationals....thinking Orioles as you said HATE the Yankees I LOVE your stadium!!!!

Steadmund Brand

Comment

• Originally posted by Steadmund Brand View Post
                      So is it Orioles or Nationals....thinking Orioles as you said HATE the Yankees I LOVE your stadium!!!!

Steadmund Brand
                      both. yes Camden yards is a great stadium. stroke of architectural genius to include the wharehouse.

-Edgar Allan Poe

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

• Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
                        both. yes Camden yards is a great stadium. stroke of architectural genius to include the wharehouse.
                        I love Camden. I miss the old Yankee Stadium like I miss old Tiger Stadium in Detroit. Actually, I love the Nats ballpark. I usually hit games in Cincinnati, Pittsburgh, Washington, Baltimore, Detroit, every year or two. Always have fun in Washington. Lots to do. Cool park.

Comment

• Originally posted by Patrick S View Post
                          I love Camden. I miss the old Yankee Stadium like I miss old Tiger Stadium in Detroit. Actually, I love the Nats ballpark. I usually hit games in Cincinnati, Pittsburgh, Washington, Baltimore, Detroit, every year or two. Always have fun in Washington. Lots to do. Cool park.
                          nice. Yes I like the nats park a lot too... especially the bar out in left field with its own seats!!!

racing presidents with those big heads pretty funny too.LOL!

-Edgar Allan Poe

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

• Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
                            nice. Yes I like the nats park a lot too... especially the bar out in left field with its own seats!!!

racing presidents with those big heads pretty funny too.LOL!
                            I love the bar. Last summer me, my wife and kids were behind the plate....I took off solo and made my way around the stadium. I finally settled in up there for a few innings.

Comment

• I love Pittsburgh.. what a beautiful stadium... probably my favorite (that I have been too, never did a west coast trip) Camden was my favorite until the new stadium in Pittsburgh...I miss Tiger stadium... but not the area...only ballpark I was ever at watching people get mugged in the parking lot during a day game...but the feeling of that old park was great... you could almost see the ghost of Hank Greenberg or Ty Cobb... was great.

Cleveland is nice as well, never had a bad seat there.... the WORST by far is Toronto..just a terrible field, a warehouse of a stadium, no character...

God I love Baseball!!!

Steadmund Brand

Comment

• Originally posted by Steadmund Brand View Post

God I love Baseball!!!

Steadmund Brand
                                Are you quoting the "The Natural"?

Pittsburgh is great. Saw two games against the Cubs there last year. Iron City Beer is not my favorite, though.

Used to love foul balls hitting the rafters at Tiger Stadium and seeing the rust flakes fall onto the crowd. I miss the old Yankee Stadium too. My favorite memory there was watching Vlad Guererro take BP and pelting people around monument park with baseballs. They had a net up to protect people IN monument park but there were people around the periphery that weren't paying attention and several people almost died. That guy could mash.

Comment

Working...
                                X