Ben Needham 'killed in accident' according to police

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ben Needham 'killed in accident' according to police

British police in Greece looking for the missing toddler Ben Needham believe they have found one of his belongings near to where he disappeared in 1991.

The detective leading the search on the island of Kos said on Monday that he believed Ben died as a result of an accident near the farmhouse in Iraklis where he was last seen playing on 24 July 1991. He was just 21 months old.

DI Jon Cousins, the senior investigating officer from South Yorkshire police, said: “My team and I know that machinery, including a large digger, was used to clear an area of land on 24 July 1991 behind the farmhouse that was being renovated by the Needhams. It is my professional belief that Ben Needham died as a result of an accident near to the farmhouse in Iraklis where he was last seen playing.

They had this on thews here in Aus today.
    G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

I'm surprised they've stopped digging after making such a breakthrough. There's some speculation that the digger might have moved Ben's body after the accident but I'm willing to bet his remains are buried there somewhere.

Comment

I hope the recent work undertaken brings some comfort to the Needham family. However, that work and the public announcements by the police fall some way short of confirming what actually happened.

I found this statement by the senior investigating officer - referring to what is now being widely reported as a toy car - particularly strange and crying out for explanation: ''The recovery of this item, and its location, further adds to my belief that material was removed from the farmhouse on or shortly after the day that Ben disappeared.''

Best regards,
        OneRound

Comment

Working...
        X