Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by martin wilson View Post
    Ho Ho.

I take it the best sellers are The Bumper Book of Barbecue's and Shane Warnes Guide To Getting The Most Out Of Your Mobile.

All the best.
    Together with

How to drink beer.

and

How to beat the POMS and Cricket ... Oh and pretty much anything else.
    G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Originally posted by GUT View Post
      Together with

How to drink beer.

and

How to beat the POMS and Cricket ... Oh and pretty much anything else.
      Have you thought about applying for sir les Patterson's job when he retires .
      Three things in life that don't stay hidden for to long ones the sun ones the moon and the other is the truth

Comment

Originally posted by pinkmoon View Post
        Have you thought about applying for sir les Patterson's job when he retires .
        A true national hero, Sir Les.
        G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Originally posted by GUT View Post
          A true national hero, Sir Les.
          Yes a national treasure.
          Three things in life that don't stay hidden for to long ones the sun ones the moon and the other is the truth

Comment

How to drink beer? I thought it came to Aussies as naturally as mothers milk.
            When it comes to cricket it's my experience they manage to combine both, so you get;

R.W. Marsh Out Pissed b Willis 0

I hope that lad Johnson cracked open a cold one after he marmalised us, bowling at warp 5, 'He bowls to the left etc' was funny the first 10,000 times I heard it but y'know.........

Comment

Boys, boys, as much as I love cricket, there don't seem to be many reviews going on....!!

Amanda

Comment

Originally posted by Amanda View Post
                Boys, boys, as much as I love cricket, there don't seem to be many reviews going on....!!

Amanda
                Be careful what you ask for.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

Originally posted by martin wilson View Post
                  How to drink beer? I thought it came to Aussies as naturally as mothers milk.
                  When it comes to cricket it's my experience they manage to combine both, so you get;

R.W. Marsh Out Pissed b Willis 0

I hope that lad Johnson cracked open a cold one after he marmalised us, bowling at warp 5, 'He bowls to the left etc' was funny the first 10,000 times I heard it but y'know.........
                  Yeah but Boony broke his record.
                  G U T

Comment

Originally posted by Tom_Wescott View Post
                    Be careful what you ask for.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott
                    Thanks for the advice Tom but I'm a tough cookie & feel well-prepared to take the rough with the smooth.
                    Amanda

Comment

I have a review from a friend of mine who I told to buy the book...all he wrote back to me was

" thanks alot schmuck....I was up all night reading that book.....I couldn't put it down....now I have to drink coffee all day to stay awake at work"

Sounds like Dan liked it Amanda

Steadmund Brand
                      "The truth is what is, and what should be is a fantasy. A terrible, terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago."- Lenny Bruce

Comment

I think we can all agree it's a mighty fine book roll on the next one.

Comment

Thanks for the advice Tom but I'm a tough cookie & feel well-prepared to take the rough with the smooth.
                          Amanda
                          I imagine there's not more discussion because most of us discussed this book a few years ago when the first edition came out. And the old timers were talking about it back in the 1970s when it was first published as an article by Donald Bell. As for myself I first read about it in the A-Z and Rumbelow. I'm sure there'll be a review in the next issue of Ripperologist, probably by Paul Begg.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

I imagine there's not more discussion because most of us discussed this book a few years ago when the first edition came out. And the old timers were talking about it back in the 1970s when it was first published as an article by Donald Bell. As for myself I first read about it in the A-Z and Rumbelow. I'm sure there'll be a review in the next issue of Ripperologist, probably by Paul Begg.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott
                            Hi Tom,
                            I'm really confused....this thread is for feedback on MY new book 'Prisoner 4374', it's never been published before.
                            And why would Paul Begg be doing a review on it????
                            You have me baffled.
                            Amanda

Comment

Hi Tom,
                              I'm really confused....this thread is for feedback on MY new book 'Prisoner 4374', it's never been published before.
                              My apologies, I got it confused with the book I Am Jack by Shirley Goulden. The description of your book is nearly identical to Goulden's book of a few years ago, so I figured this must be a new edition. I'm sure you're familiar with the book I Am Jack, aren't you?

Originally posted by Amanda
                              And why would Paul Begg be doing a review on it????
                              You have me baffled.
                              Amanda
                              Really? That's a baffler? Are you not familiar with Ripperologist?

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

My apologies, I got it confused with the book I Am Jack by Shirley Goulden. The description of your book is nearly identical to Goulden's book of a few years ago, so I figured this must be a new edition. I'm sure you're familiar with the book I Am Jack, aren't you?

Really? That's a baffler? Are you not familiar with Ripperologist?

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott
                                Hi Tom,
                                No problem, and yes, I am familiar with Shirley Goulden's book. Although an interesting read, I must disagree that my book has a nearly identical description.

'Prisoner 4374' is Cream's biography & contains hard evidence (prison documents) that prove his whereabouts in 1888. It contains no speculation or general criminal profiling.

Of course I am familiar with Ripperologist, I was just baffled as to why Paul Begg might be reviewing my book.
                                Amanda

Comment

Working...
                                X