Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Are So Many People Completely Wacked Out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Are So Many People Completely Wacked Out?

I am still following the Rapture community. Undaunted by being wrong every single time they simply move on to a new date. Truly amazing. But wait there's more: FEMA Death Camps; manipulation of the weather by the government; Obama is the Antichrist and will announce it to the world on Halloween; Obama is a Muslim; Obama is gay; Michelle Obama is a woman; Pope Francis is the Antichrist; The Catholic Church worships Satan; Pope Francis is tied to the Illuminati; The earth is flat; the moon landing was faked; chemtrails; lizard people; shadow people; 9/11 truth movement; vaccines cause autism etc. etc. etc.

What is wrong with these people? They seem rational and fairly well educated. Can anybody explain this?

c.d.

Too many drugs...or not enough of them.
    My opinion is all I have to offer here,

Dave.

Smilies are canned laughter.

Comment

Originally posted by c.d. View Post
      I am still following the Rapture community. Undaunted by being wrong every single time they simply move on to a new date. Truly amazing. But wait there's more: FEMA Death Camps; manipulation of the weather by the government; Obama is the Antichrist and will announce it to the world on Halloween; Obama is a Muslim; Obama is gay; Michelle Obama is a woman; Pope Francis is the Antichrist; The Catholic Church worships Satan; Pope Francis is tied to the Illuminati; The earth is flat; the moon landing was faked; chemtrails; lizard people; shadow people; 9/11 truth movement; vaccines cause autism etc. etc. etc.

What is wrong with these people? They seem rational and fairly well educated. Can anybody explain this?
      c.d.
      Here, in a genre where a bogus document still is given credence after 25 years by people who seem rational and fairly well educated...and we're looking for an explanation for this other stuff?
      Best Wishes,
      Hunter

When evidence is not to be had, theories abound. Even the most plausible of them do not carry conviction- London Times Nov. 10.1888

Comment

......... Obama is a Muslim; Obama is gay; Michelle Obama is a woman; Pope Francis is the Antichrist; ......
        Well, she always struck me as quite convincing...
        Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Originally posted by Wickerman View Post
          Well, she always struck me as quite convincing...
          I must say I wondered about that.
          G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Originally posted by Hunter View Post
            Here, in a genre where a bogus document still is given credence after 25 years by people who seem rational and fairly well educated...and we're looking for an explanation for this other stuff?
            Or some letters over 120 years old.
            G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

There all religious nutters that's all there is to say about them.

Comment

c.d.
                I've heard worse listening on the bus: Sandy Hook was a "false flag" operation by the U.S. government, who killed the little kids and framed the autistic guy, because with autism you just sit and stare and can't focus, so he couldn't possibly have fired that rapidly. (This exhibits both paranoia about the government, and ignorance about the autism spectrum.)
                Latest information about the Sandy Hook perp reveals he was a pedophile who apparently thought schools brainwashed the small children.

Really, c.d., stop reading that crap-- it'll rot your brain!
                Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
                ---------------
                Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
                ---------------

Comment

I must remember to proofread before I hit submit. The rumor of course is that Michelle Obama is a man.

c.d.

Comment

Oh well, that's a step up from a lizard.

Some of them want the luxury of building their own belief system - which they imagine indicates intelligence and independence - without the remotest intention of testing it against reality. Some have been at it so long that if they were ever disillusioned, it might cause a mental breakdown.

Comment

"My own view is that this planet is used as a penal colony, lunatic asylum and dumping ground by a superior civilisation, to get rid of the undesirable and unfit. I can't prove it, but you can't disprove it either."

Christopher Hitchens
                      Best Wishes,
                      Hunter

When evidence is not to be had, theories abound. Even the most plausible of them do not carry conviction- London Times Nov. 10.1888

Comment

Michael Shermer, editor of Skeptic Magazine, says that those individuals who believe one wacky theory tend to believe a great many others as well. So there is a consistent mindset at work.

c.d.

Comment

"Oh well, that's a step up from a lizard."

I wonder who would win in a steel cage match between the lizard people and the shadow people?

c.d.

Comment

The lizards, because they'd only be up against shadow boxing.

Comment

I might have to go with the shadow people solely on the strength in numbers. You know me and my shadow.

c.d.

Comment

Working...
                              X