Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pub talk.... About pubs!

Hey folks.
    Probably be done to death, but as this is the Pub Talk area, why not tell me about your favourite pubs?
    There Will Be Trouble! http://www.amazon.co.uk/A-Little-Tro...s=T.+E.+Hodden

There aren't any pubs in Kazakhstan that I know of. Sorry.

Mike
    huh?

Comment

I like Bowlers. Conveniently around the corner from the LMA. One of the people running it is from South Africa, and they have homemade bintag.
      Best regards,
      Maria

Comment

I like quiet pubs (no music, or very low, classical music) and no noisy machines. I know I will not be popular if I say I prefer pubs without children running around and I like good conversation and decent beer or wine.

My ideal pub would be a traditional, old, country pub with low beams, stone walls, a big fire, comfortable chairs, perhaps an old cat or two wandering about looking for fuss, and I'd have to have my favourite people around me - good friends who can share a joke, memories, conversation and so on.

Comment

My favourite pub is the drewe arms in drewsteignton, a really old, country pub, the front room looks as if the owners just adapted their own front room for the public, which is what probably happened, more than a hundred years ago. And Limehouse, why would you be unpopular, the fact that children weren't allowed in pubs just made it so special the first time one went in. I still remember the thrill, almost thirty years ago, when I was treated to a drink - sherry, I was with my grandmother - in a Yorkshire pub. I was almost like an initiation. Anyway, I fully endorse the Chief Inspector's choice.
          A little sincerity is a dangerous thing, and a great deal of it is absolutely fatal. (O Wilde)

Comment

Working...
          X