Stephen Knight clips of on BBC blog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stephen Knight clips of on BBC blog

There's a piece on the BBC blogs website by Adam Curtis called Suspicious Minds - Why No One Trusts People In Authority. It has a date of 2 April 2014 so maybe it's been mentioned here in the past.

Nobody trusts anyone in authority today. It is one of the main features of our age. Wherever you look there are lying politicians, crooked bankers, corrupt police officers, cheating journalists and double-dealing media barons, sinister children's entertainers, rotten and greedy energy companie...

"I want to go back and look at the roots of this tearing down of politics and of authority in modern Britain. To do this I am going to tell the story of three rather odd men who in their very different ways helped begin it over thirty years ago."

Stephen Knight is one of the three "odd men" mentioned in the above quote. It includes the Joseph Gorman clip from Barlow and Watt. Personally that's something I've already seen. What I've never seen before though is the Horizon series' programme from 24 Nov. 1980 in which Stephen Knight had his brain scanned. There are a couple of clips from the programme at the linked page.
    These are not clues, Fred.
    It is not yarn leading us to the dark heart of this place.
    They are half-glimpsed imaginings, tangle of shadows.
    And you and I floundering at them in the ever vainer hope that we might corral them into meaning when we will not.
    We will not.
Working...
X