Was it Van Gogh, Carroty Mustache?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was it Van Gogh, Carroty Mustache?

Was Vincent van Gogh famous during his life? No. Loner.

Did Vincent ever live in London? Yes.
    Did V write of visiting the Whitechapel district? Yes.
    Did Vincent have difficulties with women? Oh, yes.
    Did Vincent visit brothels regularly? Yes, all his adult life.
    Did Vincent carry a knife? Yes.
    Did Vincent cut off his ear in Dec. 1888? Yes.
    Did the Dear Boss Ripper letter threaten to cut off lady’s ears in Sept. 1888? Yes.
    Did any Ripper victims have their ears cut in 1888? Yes.
    Did Van Gogh give his ear to a prostitute? Yes.
    Did Vincent attempt to attack Gauguin with a razor before he cut off his ear? Yes.
    Did V have a job? No.
    Was V accountable to anyone? Yes, but only his brother through letter writing.
    Was V living in London during the Ripper murders? No. Living in Arles, France.
    Do the train & steamer schedules show V could be in London in 24 hrs.? Yes.
    Does the general public know the details of Van Gogh’s life? No, minimal.
    Is there much info available about V’s daily life in 1888? Yes, lots.
    Did Jack the Ripper like to make little drawings on his letters? Yes.
    Did Vincent? Yes.
    Did Vincent argue continuously with his preacher father? Yes.
    Did Vincent threaten to kill his father? Yes.
    Was V’s father found dead on his doorstep while V lived there, after moving back home? Yes.
    Was the universally accepted description of the Ripper having dark hair based on direct eyewitness of the murderer? No.
    Did description given by Mrs. Fiddymont and friends match to Vincent? Eerily so.
    Did they see the man in the pub not long after the Chapman murder? Yes.
    Was Van Gogh an alcoholic? Yes.
    Did Mr. Taylor say the man had a ginger mustache & sandy hair? Yes.
    Did Vincent have ginger facial hair and sandy hair? Yes.
    Did Mary Cox see a man with a carroty mustache in Mary Kelly’s room on the night of her murder? Yes.
    Did Cox also describe the man as having a blotchy face? Yes.
    Did Vincent have a blotchy face? Yes.

So many questions.

This will be an interesting thread :-)
    JtRmap.com<< JtR Interactive Map
    JtRmap FORM << Use this form to make suggestions for map annotations
    ---------------------------------------------------
    JtR3d.com << JtR 3D & #VR Website
    ---------------------------------------------------

Comment

The author of the "Ear Boss" letter finally revealed.
      Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

Vincent van Gogh was at his most productive from August to December 1888 while living at Aries.
        Kept company with Gauguin from 23 October until late December 1888 when he severed his left ear with a razor.
        Sales down Dale?
        Last edited by DJA; 02-01-2018, 07:24 AM. Reason: Spelling
        My name is Dave. You cannot reach me through Debs email account

Comment

Originally posted by DJA View Post
          Vincent van Gogh was at his most productive from August to December 1888 while living at Aries.
          Kept company with Gauguin from 23 October until late December 1888 when he severed his left ear with a razor.
          Sales down Dale?
          Of the two painters/roomates Gauguin was more belligerent. In December 1888 he actually stood outside of the prison where the multiple murderer Prado was then being executed - so Gauguin had an interest in current events regarding crime.

However my real suspects here are Seurat, Toulouse-Lautrec, and Monet. Seurat's "Pointilism" (I feel) shows a fascination about dots of paint hiding a secret love of droplets of blood splattering on the ground or clothing. Also, his name (in the U.S., anyway) resembles "Surratt", as in John and Mary Surratt of the Lincoln Conspiracy, so he probably knew Doctor Tumblety.

Toulouse-Lautrec is a key suspect because so-far nobody suggested a suave, aristocratic, French dwarf as the killer (highly suspicious to me). It was probably easy for him to do the murders and get away, as he'd be overlooked!

Monet had spent time in London, and done several paintings there. And his later series of paintings of his flower gardens at Givanchy was a cover - who'd suspect him of a series of urban crimes when he loved to only paint country scenes in his garden (also a convenient hideaway).

None of the other major painters from France suggest a connection to me. Maybe to you if you consider them. Too bad no professional ballet dancers were killed, or Degas could have entered my suspect list.

Also one American painter (or Anglo-American) can be considered, as at least the victims included one parent. James McNeil Whistler working off a "mother fixation". Too bad nobody heard any symbolic "whistling" in the dark after each killing.

Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by Mayerling View Post
            Of the two painters/roomates Gauguin was more belligerent. In December 1888 he actually stood outside of the prison where the multiple murderer Prado was then being executed - so Gauguin had an interest in current events regarding crime.

However my real suspects here are Seurat, Toulouse-Lautrec, and Monet. Seurat's "Pointilism" (I feel) shows a fascination about dots of paint hiding a secret love of droplets of blood splattering on the ground or clothing. Also, his name (in the U.S., anyway) resembles "Surratt", as in John and Mary Surratt of the Lincoln Conspiracy, so he probably knew Doctor Tumblety.

Toulouse-Lautrec is a key suspect because so-far nobody suggested a suave, aristocratic, French dwarf as the killer (highly suspicious to me). It was probably easy for him to do the murders and get away, as he'd be overlooked!

Monet had spent time in London, and done several paintings there. And his later series of paintings of his flower gardens at Givanchy was a cover - who'd suspect him of a series of urban crimes when he loved to only paint country scenes in his garden (also a convenient hideaway).

None of the other major painters from France suggest a connection to me. Maybe to you if you consider them. Too bad no professional ballet dancers were killed, or Degas could have entered my suspect list.

Also one American painter (or Anglo-American) can be considered, as at least the victims included one parent. James McNeil Whistler working off a "mother fixation". Too bad nobody heard any symbolic "whistling" in the dark after each killing.

Jeff
            LOL!!!
            "Is all that we see or seem
            but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe

"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
            quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

ROFL. Overlooked

Comment

Originally posted by Mayerling View Post
                However my real suspects here are Seurat, Toulouse-Lautrec, and Monet.
                To say nothing about Degas, without whom the Victorian streets would have been a lot darker.
                Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

We also have the painter, John Singer Sargent, who beginning in 1886 occupied the former studio of Whistler on Tite Street becoming neighbors with the likes of Oscar Wilde, Melville MacNaghten, Marie Belloc- Lowndes (The Lodger) and the Shelley Theatre on Tite Street. The Shelley estate was not far down on the corner of Tite Street and the Chelsea embankment.
                  Last edited by jerryd; 02-01-2018, 06:27 PM.

Comment

People of interest to Ripperologists jerryd.
                    Sargent painted three portraits of Robert Louis Stevenson,Major Henry Smith's cousin ...... no doubt the inspiration for Inspector Newcomen who searched Mr Hyde's loft in that Square.
                    Strange that he was so swift to attend Mitre Square.

Comment

I propose the poet Rimbaud. He wrote the poem which he is famous for.. the drunken boat. The rippers victims were known to be drunk. Therefore Rimbaud was the ripper.

And I’m pretty sure he had a brown mustache.
                      Last edited by Abby Normal; 02-01-2018, 08:10 PM.

-Edgar Allan Poe

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
                        I propose the poet Rimbaud. He wrote the poem which he is famous for.. the drunken boat. The rippers victims were known to be drunk. Therefore Rimbaud was the ripper.
                        Double post
                        Last edited by Abby Normal; 02-01-2018, 08:11 PM.

-Edgar Allan Poe

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

"Did Jack the Ripper like to make little drawings on his letters? Yes."

Using fake news like above, you just kinda know it's going to be another stitch up job.
                          My opinion is all I have to offer here,

Dave.

Smilies are canned laughter.

Comment

Originally posted by DirectorDave View Post
                            "Did Jack the Ripper like to make little drawings on his letters? Yes."

Using fake news like above, you just kinda know it's going to be another stitch up job.
                            Do a search.

Not his first go.

Claimed to have a book coming last time.

Yeah sure.
                            G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Here’s just one of his last bout

G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Working...
                              X