No announcement yet.

Ripper Facts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some more information on Benjamin Thomas Neal which fits the profile.

In 1891 C he is a lodger at Charles William Mowl Victoria Home, a lodging house. The Census lists him as a surgeon. Was this lodging house more for poorer people ? Most of the other people staying there were labourers.

The lodging seems inappropriate for a surgeon and could suggest he was unemployed.

Not sure if he was still married. His census records lists him as Single.

In the 1891 Census, his wife Sarah is staying with mother Catherine at Suffolk. Sarah's status is "married".

Benjamin and Sarah had no children.

Any suggestions on where I could find out where Benjamin worked ? Is there online access to a Medical Register ?

Benjamin's father (Thomas) died in 1886.

Benjamin died in 1899 in Staffordshire.

I'm getting a picture of someone with medical / surgical skills who may have been unstable

Craig

Comment

• Originally posted by Craig H View Post
      ...I found one person who could be of interest Benjamin Thomas Mills Neal, a surgeon at the Charles William Mowl Victoria Home - a working man's home at 39 Commercial Street, Whitechapel (so in the "sweet spot"). This is where George Hutchinson was staying during the killings.

Craig
      Just a note that The Victoria Working Mens Home was also hosting Daniel Barnett at the same time, and that the Home offered almost equal proximity to all the Canonical murders.

I would not be surprised if the killer of one or more Canonicals lived there.
      Michael Richards

Comment

In 1891 C he is a lodger at Charles William Mowl Victoria Home, a lodging house. The Census lists him as a surgeon. Was this lodging house more for poorer people ? Most of the other people staying there were labourers.
        Sounds quite progressive compared to some lodging houses;

Comment

• Hi Josh

I think that's the one he was living in at 1891 Census.

Makes me think he was a surgeon down on his luck

I'm interested to find out where he worked as a surgeon,

Craig

Comment

Hi Josh

I think that's the one he was living in at 1891 Census.

Makes me think he was a surgeon down on his luck

I'm interested to find out where he worked as a surgeon,

Craig
            Epping Forest, perhaps he was a tree surgeon

Comment

Hi Abby

I haven't found anything (yet) on whether he had a criminal record. Are you thinking he went to jail after 1889 - hence why no more murders ?

Rgds

Craig
              Yes. And perhaps a criminal record before or during the murders.

Comment

Some more information on Benjamin Thomas Neal which fits the profile.

The lodging seems inappropriate for a surgeon and could suggest he was unemployed.

Not sure if he was still married. His census records lists him as Single.

In the 1891 Census, his wife Sarah is staying with mother Catherine at Suffolk. Sarah's status is "married".

Benjamin and Sarah had no children.

Any suggestions on where I could find out where Benjamin worked ? Is there online access to a Medical Register ?

Benjamin's father (Thomas) died in 1886.

Benjamin died in 1899 in Staffordshire.

I'm getting a picture of someone with medical / surgical skills who may have been unstable

Craig
                Very interesting Craig. Keep it going!
                Like I said, you might want to see if he had any kind of criminal record.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trevor Marriott View Post
                  Epping Forest, perhaps he was a tree surgeon

www.trevormarriott.co.uk
                  God your an idiot. And not even funny.

Don't you have tee shirts to sell.

It's so obvious your jealous of people who have research skills. You couldn't research yourself out of a paper bag.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
                    Very interesting Craig. Keep it going!
                    Like I said, you might want to see if he had any kind of criminal record.
                    Hi Abby
                    Thanks for this .... sorry may be a rookie question .... where to find criminal record ???

Craig

Comment

• Another beginner question .... where would I find Infirmary records for Benjamin Neal who lived at the above lodging house - so Commercial Road ?

Appreciate any advice

Craig

Comment

Some more information on Benjamin Thomas Neal which fits the profile.
                        What profile ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
                          God your an idiot. And not even funny.

Don't you have tee shirts to sell.

It's so obvious your jealous of people who have research skills. You couldn't research yourself out of a paper bag.
                          It doenst take much research to dispel those wacky theories you keep coming up with

If you had a brain you would be dangerous

Comment

Hi Trevor

I was referring to the FBI Profile created on Jack the Ripper. ...... I think I provide a link earlier in the thread .

All the best

Craig

Comment

Hi Trevor

I was referring to the FBI Profile created on Jack the Ripper. ...... I think I provide a link earlier in the thread .

All the best

Craig
                              I wouldnt take to much notice of that, its not to be totally relied on. It comes from the book "A Pinstickers guide to profiling" written by "Anybody done it"

Comment

It doenst take much research to dispel those wacky theories you keep coming up with

www.trevormarriott.co.uk

I don't have any wacky theories-I keep an open mind and consider all things-except wacky theories-like feiganbaum as the ripper or the organs of the ripper victims were removed by somebody else other than the ripper-sound familiar???LOL!

you've already used this lame cliché insult on me before Trevor. Your not even intelligent in your insults.

Comment

Working...
                                X