A blood-stained Ripper, or not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jon Guy
    Indeed, Sam, that will be the South Wales Education system !!!
    Englishmen, make note that the Welsh are being taught in their schools how to avoid blood spray when cutting a throat. Me wonders what they're up to!

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

Originally posted by Tom_Wescott View Post
      Englishmen, make note that the Welsh are being taught in their schools how to avoid blood spray when cutting a throat. Me wonders what they're up to!

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott
      When the sheep refuse to wear wellington boots,that`s when they are slaughtered...

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Guy View Post
        When the sheep refuse to wear wellington boots,that`s when they are slaughtered...
        ...the motto of Queen Elizabeth Grammar, if I'm not mistaken. Translated, of course. "Yr ŵyn na wisgant welis gânt eu lladd" - but then, you knew that already, Jon
        Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkerton View Post
          Forgive my ignorance of general anatomy, but wouldn't the fact that most of the victims had their throats cut almost ALL THE WAY AROUND the neck (down to the vertebrae) cause the blood to spurt in almost ALL directions? After all you have TWO carotid arteries and two jugular veins, along with other veins and arteries. My point being if you were to cut the throat deeply, almost all the way around, wouldn't it be near impossible to avoid getting sprayed?

From this animation it appears that the veins and arteries are "clustered" on the left and right side of the neck. Therefore if you cut the throat almost all the way around how could you possibly hope to direct the victim's head (and body) to avoid getting sprayed?

http://www.doereport.com/generateexh...=4294967295&A=
          I have read about a killer using a scarf to wrap around the neck before he cut the throat to prevent the blood from spraying all over him.

NOV9
          In the Land of the Blind, the one-eyed man is King !

Comment

I think there can be an argument made for only a single kill being potentially bloodless as far as the killer was concerned. At the very least hands or gloves or cuffs would have been bloody at 3 of the other 4, and at one he would have been heavily bloodied likely from the waist up.

Its not as if he stood around and waited for them to bleed out, and at least 3 of them he stuck his hands into the wounds, one perhaps seconds after the throat cut based on his time. Sprays one thing, but none of them were proven bled dry before he cut either.

Best regards.

Comment

Working...
            X