Who's who

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eileen View Post
    Oh my god take a chill pill people what makes you so damb sure I am wrong I know you only got your information out of a book your information comes just like mine you don't need to be so direct other people have helped me out without being an arse!
    As a matter of fact, my information comes from more than just books. More to the point, though, the things you claimed can't even be found in any book. It's probably just bad memory on your part, but I don't know why you are surprised that someone would point out that you're wrong. This is a site specifically devoted to Jack the Ripper. Did you think you could show up and make whatever claims you wanted about the topic and not have to back them up?

Dan Norder
    Ripper Notes: The International Journal for Ripper Studies
    Web site: www.RipperNotes.com - Email: dannorder@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by Eileen View Post
      To Celesta I read it in a book many years ago it was based on sickert I have heard some crap thou like the fact that she was a nanny that I dont believe I have always thought it was him who knows it could have been there are so many suspects I hate to dissilusion u but I am 28 years old I have only been studying these murders since I was 9 but I still have alot to learn thanks for the help, Eileen

That's a long time to study something. I didn't mean to come off as a know-it-all. I know I don't know it all! I just wanted to drop a hint that a number of people don't think Sickert was JtR and give you some information from the site to explain why. I think there are a fair number of folks who were drawn to the site by the Cornwell book. I know I was initially. I lurked for awhile and read some other books on JtR before I registered. By that time, I had pretty much dropped Sickert.

Anyway, have a good time here. There are people here who are as close to being experts on JtR as anyone is capable of being, without actually having been there and witnessed him at work. You've already met some of them.

Best,

Cel
      Last edited by Celesta; 10-02-2008, 02:44 AM.
      "What our ancestors would really be thinking, if they were alive today, is: "Why is it so dark in here?"" From Pyramids by Sir Terry Pratchett, a British National Treasure.

Comment

Re: Water marks

Originally posted by Dan Norder View Post
        As a matter of fact, my information comes from more than just books.
        This is quite true Eileen, Dan Norder also just makes stuff up and hopes that if he repeats what he says often enough, some less experienced posters will think he's telling the truth.

Fore instance you mentioned the water marks. Patricia Cornwalls one claim of interest appears to come from paper expert Peter Bower.

If Bower is to be beleived, 'Some Sickert and Ripper letters come from the same batch of 24 sheets'

And in his book on Walter Sickert, Matthew Sturgis states: " Peter Bower is a respected paper historian with an extensive knowledge of paper manufacture."

Dan Norder has repeatedly claimed that experts have 'ridiculed' Peter Bowers findings however when repeatedly ask to supply the names of these supposed experts Norder has failed to do so.

I would therefore take very lightly any suggestion he makes that these supposed 'experts' actually exist.

Peter Bower is yet to publish his findings in full. And I think it fair to point out that Patricia Cornwall has publicly stated that the title 'Case Closed' will not appear on her next book on the subject.

To be honest I think it most unlikely that Patricia has highlighted anything more than the possibility that Sickert wrote some Hoax letters and involved himself in the case more than previously thought. At best.

Certainly for myself I do not believe Sickert was the Ripper.

However evryone is entitled to make the case for the suspect that they so choose (i would make mine for Kosminski) without idiots making wild and unsubstanciated claims.

So good like with your research. And investigating the Ripper murders.

I will leave you with the words of Matthew Sturgis: "Bower is confident in his assretionsand certainly they are not to be dismissed lightly"

Pirate

PS Please do not quote me. That way Norder cant see what i'm saying, as he has me on ignore

Comment

Originally posted by Pirate Jack View Post
          This is quite true Eileen, Dan Norder also just makes stuff up and hopes that if he repeats what he says often enough, some less experienced posters will think he's telling the truth.

Fore instance you mentioned the water marks. Patricia Cornwalls one claim of interest appears to come from paper expert Peter Bower.

If Bower is to be beleived, 'Some Sickert and Ripper letters come from the same batch of 24 sheets'

And in his book on Walter Sickert, Matthew Sturgis states: " Peter Bower is a respected paper historian with an extensive knowledge of paper manufacture."

Dan Norder has repeatedly claimed that experts have 'ridiculed' Peter Bowers findings however when repeatedly ask to supply the names of these supposed experts Norder has failed to do so.

I would therefore take very lightly any suggestion he makes that these supposed 'experts' actually exist.

Peter Bower is yet to publish his findings in full. And I think it fair to point out that Patricia Cornwall has publicly stated that the title 'Case Closed' will not appear on her next book on the subject.

To be honest I think it most unlikely that Patricia has highlighted anything more than the possibility that Sickert wrote some Hoax letters and involved himself in the case more than previously thought. At best.

Certainly for myself I do not believe Sickert was the Ripper.

However evryone is entitled to make the case for the suspect that they so choose (i would make mine for Kosminski) without idiots making wild and unsubstanciated claims.

So good like with your research. And investigating the Ripper murders.

I will leave you with the words of Matthew Sturgis: "Bower is confident in his assretionsand certainly they are not to be dismissed lightly"

Pirate

PS Please do not quote me. That way Norder cant see what i'm saying, as he has me on ignore

I wonder what the reasons are that he has you on ignore and why you don't want to offer him the opportunity to reply to you?

Comment

Originally posted by Triplesod View Post
            I wonder what the reasons are that he has you on ignore and why you don't want to offer him the opportunity to reply to you?
            Hello Triplesod

Norder has me on ignore because he knows that I double check my information with people who know what they are talking about.

To be fair the Norder has been rather quiet of late, however I am more than happy to discuss 'the experts' who have 'ridiculed' Peter Bower with anyone and at any time...

As may be apparent, I have still not received an answer to that question and would be mosty intregued as to that answer

Still waiting

Pirate

Comment

Working...
            X