Most interesting unsolved non-serial killer cases

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Batman View Post
    I think he is dead. No activity from 86 onwards. I think he was a carrier criminal and was taken out by someone connected to the four-toed dog.
    If Snelling was his first victim then he started in 1975.
    This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Comment

• I'll go for 2 cases close to home.

The Angel of the meadow murder and The canal 'pusher' deaths.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlanG View Post
        I'll go for 2 cases close to home.

The Angel of the meadow murder and The canal 'pusher' deaths.
        Thanks Alan-that first one particularly intrigues me.

Stan Reid

Comment

• As an aside, I've just made the connection between sdreid and STANDREID on Websleuths. You are one and the same, no?

Comment

• Originally posted by Harry D View Post
            As an aside, I've just made the connection between sdreid and STANDREID on Websleuths. You are one and the same, no?
            That is correct sir.

Stan Reid

Comment

As an aside, I've just made the connection between sdreid and STANDREID on Websleuths. You are one and the same, no?
              And you are?

Stan Reid

Comment

• Originally posted by AlanG View Post
                The Angel of the meadow murder
                I put that one on my top 1000 unsolved murder list.

Stan Reid

Comment

• The Elisa Lam case.

Comment

• On June 14th, 1988, 25 year-old Philip Fraser left his home in Anchorage, Alaska, to enroll at Evergreen College in Washington State. After losing two days due to car problems, and a further delay at the Canadian border when two firearms were confiscated from him, on the 18th June he stopped at a cafe in rural British Columbia.

A hitchhiker had been dropped off at the cafe sometime before Philip arrived and had a meal. Philip Fraser pulled up outside the cafe and started checking his car for something. Finishing his meal, the hitchhiker approached Philip Fraser for a ride. According to eyewitnesses, Philip appeared to drive away from the hitchhiker at first, but had a change of heart and slowed down to let the man inside.

Eight hours after Philip Fraser was seen at the cafe a couple, Mr & Mrs. Olson from Kitwanga, stopped to help a motorist who was having car trouble. He spent the night at the couple's house and his backstory turned out to be strikingly similar to Philip's. After leaving the couple's home the next day, the burnt out remains of Philip Fraser's car were found twelve hours later at a car wash 300 miles away. It would turn out that the man the Olsons met that night matched the description of the hitchhiker and that he'd stolen Philip's identity.

On July 27, Philip Fraser's dead body was found at a gravel turnaround, missing several of his personal belongings such as his birth certificate and driver's license. His murder remains unsolved.

Perhaps YOU can help solve a mystery. The original Unsolved Mysteries episodes you know and love are now streaming! See the mysteries and the updates.

Comment

• Angela Hammond, 20, was four months pregnant at the time of her disappearance. She was talking on a pay phone with her boyfriend, Rob Shafer, when she noticed a suspicious male pull over next to her in a pickup truck. Rob heard her scream over the phone and raced to his own vehicle to help her. As he drove to the scene, a truck sped past him with her inside, screaming. He quickly jerked his car to stop the pursuit, but severely damaged the transmission in the process, disabling his vehicle and ending the chase. She was never found.

Her abduction may have been connected to two other nearby kidnapping/murders earlier in the year in Missouri. One involved a 42-year-old convenience store worker named Trudy Darby near Macks Creek, who was robbed and kidnapped on January 19, 1991 and whose body was discovered two days later; she had been raped and shot twice in the head. Another involved Cheryl Kenney, 30, another convenience store worker in Nevada, who was kidnapped on February 27. She has not been seen since.

Comment

• Thanks for all the interesting input Harry.

Stan Reid

Comment

• Stan,
                          One other mystery was why no identification was found on the body.In those days,and since,it was a custom by some ships companies and masters,to hold seamans books,the normal ID, in safekeeping aboard ship,to deter desertion, which was a big problem in those days.I suggest he had been given short leave,a few days,a concession on some ships.
                          Regards.

Comment

Angela Hammond, 20, was four months pregnant at the time of her disappearance. She was talking on a pay phone with her boyfriend, Rob Shafer, when she noticed a suspicious male pull over next to her in a pickup truck. Rob heard her scream over the phone and raced to his own vehicle to help her. As he drove to the scene, a truck sped past him with her inside, screaming. He quickly jerked his car to stop the pursuit, but severely damaged the transmission in the process, disabling his vehicle and ending the chase. She was never found.
                            I wonder if the boyfriend's broken transmission was actually verified? He seems to have covered himself quite well, here. He's talking to Angela before she's kidnapped, he sees her in the abductor's vehicle and engages in a car chase before having to give up when the car craps out on him. All sounds a little too good to be true, doesn't it?

Comment

• Anybody have any thoughts on who killed Nancy Spungeon, girlfriend of Sid Vicious, Sex Pistols.

There are some who believe it was not Sid but someone else. Wondering if anyone has any thoughts or ideas on this one?

Comment

• Originally posted by Beowulf View Post
                                Anybody have any thoughts on who killed Nancy Spungeon, girlfriend of Sid Vicious, Sex Pistols.

There are some who believe it was not Sid but someone else. Wondering if anyone has any thoughts or ideas on this one?

http://www.theguardian.com/music/200...d-vicious-film
                                I lean towards Sid.
                                G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Working...
                                X