Ripper and Thames Torso overlap in 1889

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RockySullivan View Post
    hey jer I have heard about this one, but there must be more that have been overlooked?
    Not sure if the Lambeth arm found by the blind school was ever matched to a body?

Comment

Some reports say the Lambeth arm was regarded as being a practical joke.

Comment

Originally posted by Joshua Rogan View Post
        Some reports say the Lambeth arm was regarded as being a practical joke.
        Hi Joshua,

It was thrown over a railing into a garden. Sound familiar?

Comment

Originally posted by jerryd View Post
          Hi Rocky,

Salamanca Alley torso in Lambeth, 1902. If I remember correctly, parts of the body were boiled and stacked up in the alley with head on top.
          Salamanca Place, actually. And not the Torso manīs work - all the divisions were rough and clumsily made, there wasnīt a skilled cut and none of the parts were thrown in the Thames - and the head was left with the rest. No cutting up of the abdomen, no missing organs as far as I remember.
          The Salamanca torso was Michael Gordons effort to justify voting for George Chapman as the combined torso killer/Ripper in his book. To the same end, he left out the 1873 and 1874 torsos, killed before Chapman became ten years of age.

So, the Salamanca Place torso was NOT the work of the Ripper/torso man, and George Chapman was not the combined torso man/Ripper.

Comment

Originally posted by Fisherman View Post
            Salamanca Place, actually. And not the Torso manīs work - all the divisions were rough and clumsily made, there wasnīt a skilled cut and none of the parts were thrown in the Thames - and the head was left with the rest. No cutting up of the abdomen, no missing organs as far as I remember.
            The Salamanca torso was Michael Gordons effort to justify voting for George Chapman as the combined torso killer/Ripper in his book. To the same end, he left out the 1873 and 1874 torsos, killed before Chapman became ten years of age.

So, the Salamanca Place torso was NOT the work of the Ripper/torso man, and George Chapman was not the combined torso man/Ripper.
            I don't believe so either. Was just replying to Rocky's question. Which, he already knew.

Comment

I don't believe so either. Was just replying to Rocky's question. Which, he already knew.
              There were a couple of cases when female body parts were found floating in Regents Canal. It was never established whether they were the result of foul play or not. Both cases (there were two of them) were close to Broadway Market, where Charles Lechmere had a stand at the time (surprise, surprise...).
              They have been covered on the boards some year ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Fisherman View Post
                There were a couple of cases when female body parts were found floating in Regents Canal. It was never established whether they were the result of foul play or not. Both cases (there were two of them) were close to Broadway Market, where Charles Lechmere had a stand at the time (surprise, surprise...).
                They have been covered on the boards some year ago.
                Forgot about that one. Thanks! Near the Mutton and Cat, right? I think I have linked Frederick Ayers to that pub. He was the man that took over the Three Nuns during Abberlines retirement party. Didn't know that about Lechmere. That's interesting, though.

Comment

Forgot about that one. Thanks! Near the Mutton and Cat, right? I think I have linked Frederick Ayers to that pub. He was the man that took over the Three Nuns during Abberlines retirement party. Didn't know that about Lechmere. That's interesting, though.
                  One of them was by the Cat & Mutton bridge, yes. And it was never established if the severed parts had been taken off by a knife or perhaps by boat propellers.
                  Lechmere had a stand there for a number of years, and he was followed by his sons who traded in horse flesh, boiled it in their back garden and sold it as catīs meat. If I remember the bits and pieces correctly.
                  Last edited by Fisherman; 12-02-2016, 12:32 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X