Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hidden Suspect - The Whitechapel Murders [Kindle Edition]

Hi,

Hope this is the right place to post this.

I'll get straight to the point - I recently edited a book which proclaims to have uncovered a previously unknown Ripper suspect. The author is somewhat reticent about advertising, but I'm genuinely quite interested in the subject, so was wondering if anyone would be interested in the book, and whether they would provide feedback?

It's a Kindle e-book and is cheap, so I hope it is of interest to people. I have no idea if the research is correct or whether the person identified can actually be considered a suspect, but it is at least an entertaining read!

Here's a link:

Thanks.

Your post says nothing. Neither does the information at Amazon.

Details, details, details.

Then, we'll see.

Comment

The book is cheap because it only runs a bit over 50 pages. A list of the chapters includes "The Masonic Link" and "Secret Degrees of Freemasonry." Moreover, the author claims to be a Freemason (and his father before him) so I think we all know where it is headed.

However, anyone with a Kindle who would like to review this book for the New Independent Review, please feel free to do so. You may contact me at: newindyreview@aol.com

Don Souden.
      "To expose [the Senator] is rather like performing acts of charity among the deserving poor; it needs to be done and it makes one feel good, but it does nothing to end the problem."

Comment

solution

Hello Zagreus. Welcome to the boards.

Do you see this as a viable solution? I'd like to hear your thoughts.

Cheers.
        LC

Comment

colour television sets

Hello Don. One thing about masonry--it opens doors. And that is also true for whining, hypocritical toadies. (Sorry, couldn't resist. Had a vision of John Cleese.)

Cheers.
          LC

Comment

Originally posted by curious View Post

Then, we'll see.
            Hi, Zagreus,

Sorry, didn't mean to be rude. I like to think that I am not always rude.

Anyway, I was interested in the book, so was frustrated by the lack of any clues that might entice me to purchase the book.

As Lynn and Don have said, Welcome.

And you might sell more books if you worked on the promo a little.

Comment

Originally posted by Zagreus View Post
              I'll get straight to the point - I recently edited a book which proclaims to have uncovered a previously unknown Ripper suspect.
              Namely who?
              allisvanityandvexationofspirit

Comment

Then, we'll see.
                Hi.

I didn't want to post post a huge essay about it in case no one was interested, or my advertising put regular forum users' backs up, but I'll elaborate once I've quickly answered people.

Comment

Originally posted by Supe View Post
                  The book is cheap because it only runs a bit over 50 pages. A list of the chapters includes "The Masonic Link" and "Secret Degrees of Freemasonry." Moreover, the author claims to be a Freemason (and his father before him) so I think we all know where it is headed.
                  Yep, it's a short book as it's research, as opposed to being a novel. Plus it's not intended as a money making exercise, but as a way to get the information out. Publishers are businesses who want to make money, and the author wasn't so keen on that end of things as the book contains information about his family (hence the pseudonym), plus he's retired and does't want the publicity.

Don't worry though, it's not some David Icke style conspiracy saying Masons run the world while killing Victorian prostitutes.

It does contain information on Freemasonry, but only where relevant, it's not some expose on the Craft or anything.

Comment

Hi, Zagreus,

Sorry, didn't mean to be rude. I like to think that I am not always rude.

Anyway, I was interested in the book, so was frustrated by the lack of any clues that might entice me to purchase the book.

As Lynn and Don have said, Welcome.

And you might sell more books if you worked on the promo a little.
                    No worries curious, and I hope my brief comment before explained my brevity in the first post. I've also said why the promo isn't great; it's just me putting it out there, rather than us trying to sell loads of copies.

Originally posted by Stephen Thomas View Post
                    Namely who?
                    It's an unknown, called John Sawyer, who is a relative of the author. The book is essentially the research that proves Sawyer did exist and could be a candidate for the Ripper. It stems from a letter which he inherited, which he looked into out of interest, and the more he looked the more it seemed a possibility.

Like I said, it's an interesting read even if it isn't correct, and a new angle on the case. I doubt anyone will ever be able to prove who the Ripper was, but this seems as likely to me as any other that I've read.

Comment

Originally posted by lynn cates View Post
                      Hello Zagreus. Welcome to the boards.

Do you see this as a viable solution? I'd like to hear your thoughts.

Cheers.
                      LC
                      Hi, and thanks.

Yes, I do see it as viable, hence why I agreed to edit it and why I'm here trying to get people to consider it.

To give you some background, the author is the father of one of my friends, and he asked me to look at is as I'm a school teacher, and I also have an interest in this area. He'd undertaken most of the research by this point, and wasn't really sure what to do with what he'd found. We thought it too fascinating just to ignore it, and possibly too important, so I helped.

It stems from a letter from Sawyer (which I've seen, so I know it exists - I had to try to decipher some of the words he wasn't familiar with) which was intended as a confession on his death bed. It was passed down and forgotten about until recently.

Pearse looked into it, just out of interest, and hoping to find it just nonsense, but the people named in the letter do seem to have lived at the right time and place. There's also some family information with it that seems to also be pretty accurate.

Sawyer is an unknown, so there's no reason why anyone would have heard of him or suspected him. He's as plausible a candidate as any other I'd say.

I won't go on too much more, but that's the gist of it.

I'm happy to discuss it more if anyone's interested or has questions.

Thanks to all for replies.

Comment

Pearse

Hello Zagreus. Thanks.

Is that the police officer Pearse?

Cheers.
                        LC

Comment

Hi Lynn and Zagreus
                          Originally posted by Zagreus View Post
                          the author wasn't so keen on that end of things as the book contains information about his family (hence the pseudonym), plus he's retired and does't want the publicity.
                          So "Frank Pearse" would be a pseudonym ?

And then, we have a family tradition that doesn't name this family ?

How can such things be ? (Ambrose Pearse)

Comment

Hidden suspect or hidden family ?

Comment

cognomen

Hello David. The cognomen is interesting, at any rate.

Cheers.
                              LC

Comment

Working...
                              X