Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by spyglass View Post
    Hi all,

I have a deep down feeling it was a forgery nearer the time of the events for what ever dark reasons.
    What makes you think that?

Theres information only made common knowlegde just recently. How do you explain that away?

Comment

• Hi Kaz,
      Well this is what I was thinking a few years back.
      I am not up to date with the new imfo you refere to..I must be missing something and so would be grateful to be pointed in the relevent direction so as to keep in the loop.
      many thanks.

Comment

Hi Kaz,
        Well this is what I was thinking a few years back.
        I am not up to date with the new imfo you refere to..I must be missing something and so would be grateful to be pointed in the relevent direction so as to keep in the loop.
        many thanks.

Its not new info. Its in all the book(s)

Comment

• Kaz,
          Sorry not sure what you mean, you said "recent Knowledge " the only books I have read are The Diary itself, and the final chapter.

My original thoughts were along the lines of what Paul Begg wrote some years back.

Comment

Kaz,
            Sorry not sure what you mean, you said "recent Knowledge " the only books I have read are The Diary itself, and the final chapter.

My original thoughts were along the lines of what Paul Begg wrote some years back.
            What did Paul Begg write?

Comment

• He wrote a chapter on the diary in his book "The Facts "
              I must stress this was not his explanation for the Diary, rather a possibility.

He suggested that maybe if it was a hoax, then it was possibly perpertrated nearer the time of the crimes, maybe to besmirch Maybricks character for what ever reasons.

Comment

He wrote a chapter on the diary in his book "The Facts "

He suggested that maybe if it was a hoax, then it was possibly perpertrated nearer the time of the crimes, maybe to besmirch Maybricks character for what ever reasons.
                Oh. I was referring to the finds at one of the crime scenes. The info wasn't released by the police until 'recently' (ish).

If you want recent'er' info try twisting caz's arm, good luck!

Comment

...it was possibly perpertrated nearer the time of the crimes, maybe to besmirch Maybricks character for what ever reasons.
                  Hi spyglass,

I would go along with that - or maybe it was designed to sting the surviving Maybrick brothers more, for trying to conceal James's arsenic habit and contributing to society's destruction of his widow.

If she could be treated like the Myra Hindley of the era - Devil Woman - when there was no evidence that she had murdered anyone, and plenty that Jim had medicated himself to death and driven his wife into another man's arms with his own filthy habits, it would be no more ludicrous or unfair to send him off to hell as the Devil Man of the era, Jack the Ripper, via the mischievous burlesque that is the 'diary'.

God knows how many friends or associates of men like Macnaghten would have had nuggets of 'private information' on the ripper crimes that would have come in rather handy for such a wheeze.

Love,

Caz
                  X
                  Last edited by caz; 07-01-2010, 01:55 PM.
                  "Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov

Comment

He wrote a chapter on the diary in his book "The Facts "

Welcome to the club, spyglass! You have chosen the path less taken, but you aren't alone
                    “Sans arme, sans violence et sans haine”

Comment

• Originally posted by caz View Post
                      Hi Kaz,

I really hope you will enjoy the book and get something useful out of it.

Love,

Caz
                      X

Just finished the book.
                      Didn't get anything useful out of it, maybe I was expecting to much, like answers.

Comment

• It seems strange to me if indeed that people here, still somehow
                        have some belief that this diary is genuine ...
                        What a waste of time ..

I just went on Donald Rumbelows' Jack The Ripper walk last
                        Sunday evening.
                        It was very interesting, he is very knowledgeable on the case, being
                        A historian and is a great speaker.
                        The diary was dismissed along with Maybrick, and many other minor
                        suspects, as not worth talking about .. just as a minor note of interest
                        to add to the content of the tour.

The most obvious flaw of course being the handwriting ..
                        And Steves' book 'Fame or Infamy' gives much food for thought
                        on the subject.
                        "Victoria Victoria, the queen of them all,
                        of Sir Jack she knows nothing at all"

Comment

• Does anyone know if Donald Rumbelow knew Paul Feldman?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kaz View Post
                            Just finished the book.
                            Didn't get anything useful out of it, maybe I was expecting to much, like answers.
                            To be fair Kaz, I didn't ask you to get the book and I certainly didn't promise you any answers either.

I wish I had them all myself!

Love,

Caz
                            X

Comment

• Originally posted by Victoria View Post
                              Does anyone know if Donald Rumbelow knew Paul Feldman?
                              What a shame you didn't think to ask him yourself, Victoria. As you know, Steve claims to remember Feldy talking about knowing Don back in the mid 70s. But then, how can one trust the word of someone who is supposed to have faked his own death?

By the way, is Don still taking his group to see the door to Mary Kelly's room, as Steve remembers him doing all those years ago? As you know, Steve claims that he didn't hear Don explaining at the time that it wasn't the actual door, but one very much like it. I'd be interested to know where this door is, or was.

Love,

Caz
                              X

Comment

• Hi Caz,

Yes I did think to ask him myself, but it was a very large group ..
                                at, least fifty people, I thought I would do so at the pub stop.
                                And that part of the tour has changed also .. no pub stop.
                                What a pity .. looking forward to that pint of Guinness!

I think what Steve said was correct .. not many buildings were still
                                the same, but I think it was Mary Kellys' one that was as in it's JTR time.
                                He did say this about one of the victims dwelling places, and point to where
                                the doorway was.
                                We did not actually go up to a door though ..
                                But if Steve says he did, then I'm sure he did. As these things go, no doubt
                                current residents over the years complain and the practise is stopped.

I may have the wrong victim name here, so correct me if I'm wrong ..
                                I was more interested in the 'human condition' of these people, especially
                                those poor women leading such a sad wasted life.

Comment

Working...
                                X