Did jack kill liz stride?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll have a go.

I will answer Corey. I know people get frustrated repeating things again on here but I am also a newbie of sorts so I, like you, want to discuss stuff that has gone before.

I think there is a very good chance she isn't. If someone could give me a deffinative answer about the knife I would be more sure.

As I have said before, I believe that Jack saw his knife as an extension of his penis and therefore would not use someone elses knife to kill with.

I know many people won't agree and I am not definate really but IF its not his knife then I don't think it is Jack.

I hope that makes sense.
    In order to know virtue, we must first aquaint ourselves with vice!

Comment

Hi Kat,

Stride's killer would have used his own knife. He certainly did not use hers, and the knife discussed at the inquest, discovered by Thomas Coram a street over and the day after the murder, likewise was not thought then or now to have been the murder weapon. In fact, there's nothing at all to suggest that Stride and Eddowes were not killed by the same knife.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

Thanks kate,

I am less new to the case but new to the casebook forum.
        But to the statement 'an extension of his penis' I have never thought of it that way.
        You think he killed for sexual gratification then I assume?
        Well the knife was more or less more dull and shorter, but never is there proof of a rounded pointed knife, thats a myth. It is indeed a different knife but it is not uncommen for serial killers to kill with different weapons.

thanks for your input.

yours truly
        Washington Irving:

"To a homeless man, who has no spot on this wide world which he can truly call his own, there is a momentary feeling of something like independence and territorial consequence, when, after a weary day's travel, he kicks off his boots, thrusts his feet into slippers, and stretches himself before an inn fire. Let the world without go as it may; let kingdoms rise and fall, so long as he has the wherewithal to pay his bills, he is, for the time being, the very monarch of all he surveys. The arm chair in his throne; the poker his sceptre, and the little parlour of some twelve feet square, his undisputed empire. "

Stratford-on-Avon

Comment

eight now, any more???
          Washington Irving:

"To a homeless man, who has no spot on this wide world which he can truly call his own, there is a momentary feeling of something like independence and territorial consequence, when, after a weary day's travel, he kicks off his boots, thrusts his feet into slippers, and stretches himself before an inn fire. Let the world without go as it may; let kingdoms rise and fall, so long as he has the wherewithal to pay his bills, he is, for the time being, the very monarch of all he surveys. The arm chair in his throne; the poker his sceptre, and the little parlour of some twelve feet square, his undisputed empire. "

Stratford-on-Avon

Comment

Originally posted by Tom_Wescott View Post
            Hi Kat,

Stride's killer would have used his own knife. He certainly did not use hers, and the knife discussed at the inquest, discovered by Thomas Coram a street over and the day after the murder, likewise was not thought then or now to have been the murder weapon. In fact, there's nothing at all to suggest that Stride and Eddowes were not killed by the same knife.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott
            Thanks for that input Tom!
            Have I misunderstood something then? I thought there was discussion over the knife used on Stride being a blunter type of knife than that used on the other victims.

Comment

Hi Kat,

This is an all too common misinterpretation, so you're not alone. The doctors were discussing the knife Coram found, which had been recently blunted. The doctors felt this would have handicapped the killer and was not likely to have been the murder weapon. Also keep in mind that this knife was dropped by somebody more than 24 hours after the murder, and it was a street away, so there's no reason at all to think the killer came back a day later to drop it. More than likely, someone simply discarded the knife because it was blunt. The blade of the knife used on Stride was quite sharp.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

Hi Corey,

Personally, I wouldn't think it odd if the Ripper did use more than one knife. However, there's nothing in the evidence to suggest that Stride and Eddowes were killed by different knives. Having said that, there's no way we could prove they were killed with the same knife. The only debate is were they killed by the same man?

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

[QUOTE]
                  Originally posted by corey123 View Post
                  I am less new to the case but new to the casebook forum.
                  Me too actually but I would haver to say that it has only been the past few years that I have really taken a deeper interest.

But to the statement 'an extension of his penis' I have never thought of it that way.
                  You think he killed for sexual gratification then I assume?
                  No, not necessarily. It may have been more down to frustration over impotence.

Well the knife was more or less more dull and shorter, but never is there proof of a rounded pointed knife, thats a myth. It is indeed a different knife but it is not uncommen for serial killers to kill with different weapons.
                  It is not and indeed the Yorkshire Ripper used a variety of hammers and chisles etc.
                  I just have a thing about the knife and willies I guess.

Comment

neither would I. I do think jack killed stride. I have my own theorys to that though.
                    Washington Irving:

Stratford-on-Avon

Comment

Woc

Hello kate,
                      Also noteworthy the zodiac used both a gun and knife in his murder spree.
                      Washington Irving:

Stratford-on-Avon

Comment

I don't believe Zodiac enjoyed the killing as much as Jack did. He didn't like to get his hands dirty. In the one example where he used a knife (Lake Berryessa), neither victim died right away, one survived, and the other would have survived with quicker medical attention. He put off killing them by talking to them for about half an hour first. All of this was to prove he was willing to kill in daylight. Weird fellow.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

indeed

He was.He seemed to like to keep his victims alive and let them die, he taunted the police, he is a very stange fellow. Interesting case though.

yours truly
                          Washington Irving:

Stratford-on-Avon

Comment

No, he didn't like to keep them alive. The women never lived, but two men did. That simply means that the women were his primary target. But yes, a very interesting case.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

Anymore for the Poll???????

ten votes and I am sure we have more than ten very dedicatd ripperologist on this site.For I have spoken with quiet a few more than ten.
                              Washington Irving:

Stratford-on-Avon

Comment

shorter, rounded tip

Hello Kat.

"Have I misunderstood something then? I thought there was discussion over the knife used on Stride being a blunter type of knife than that used on the other victims."

The doctor suggested that the knife used on Liz was shorter and had a rounded tip. You might wish to check Trevor Marriott's book, "Jack the Ripper: the 21st c Investigation." Look on p. 125.

The best.
                                LC

Comment

Working...
                                X