Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cornwells speculation that Sickert killed a child?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cornwells speculation that Sickert killed a child?

Does anyone remember reading/hearing when Cornwell speculated that Sickert may have murdered a small boy? It was in support of her claims that Sickert continued to kill after WC. It was well after the WC murders but I cant remember the year or location. Cant seem to find it in her book or online.

-Dan

Percy Knight Searle, was 8 years old when he was murdered in Havant, near Portsmouth, on the 26th of November, 1888. His throat had been cut, or stabbed. Another boy, Robert Husband, a friend of Searle's, was charged with the murder.

John Gill, also 8 years old, was found murdered and mutilated in Bradford on the 28th of December, 1888.

Cornwell suggests that both may have been murdered by Sickert.

Wolf.

Comment

Originally posted by Wolf Vanderlinden View Post
      Percy Knight Searle, was 8 years old when he was murdered in Havant, near Portsmouth, on the 26th of November, 1888. His throat had been cut, or stabbed. Another boy, Robert Husband, a friend of Searle's, was charged with the murder.

John Gill, also 8 years old, was found murdered and mutilated in Bradford on the 28th of December, 1888.

Cornwell suggests that both may have been murdered by Sickert.

Wolf.
      Thanks for that Wolf. I thought it was years after the Ripper crimes. It's been awhile since I read her book.

-Dan

Comment

Working...
      X