September in the rain with old London Photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• September in the rain with old London Photos

Don't know how many have ever heard of this guy. His style is old time, (he is old time 20s/30s cabaret singer) but he has a kind of sweet sentimental way about him.

I thought the photos of old London in the rain were very beautiful and nostalgic.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

His singing is very sweet and sentimental. I've never heard his voice before. About the only thing I knew about this extremely popular entertainer was the torrid affair he had with Edwina, Lady Mountbatten, the aunt by marriage of Prince Philip the husband of Queen Elizabeth. I believe Hutch came from the West Indies originally.

Comment

Fascinating

Comment

Not really. She had dozens of affairs with men and women. Lord Mountbatten was the last Viceroy of India and she had an affair with Nehru when they were in India. Poor old Hutch was just a notch on her bedpost!

Comment

Got to be about 80 years that I first heard that song,and that singer.

Comment

Hutch is buried in Highgate Cemetery on the East. He died broke, his grave was paid for by Mountbatten, who apparently swung both ways and also had a scene with Hutch so rumour hath it.

Miss Marple

Comment

Originally posted by miss marple View Post
              Hutch is buried in Highgate Cemetery on the East. He died broke, his grave was paid for by Mountbatten, who apparently swung both ways and also had a scene with Hutch so rumour hath it.

Miss Marple
              As my mother would say, 'the cad'!. But still, I feel kind of sorry he died broke. I've become too sentimental myself as I've grown older. I wish everyone could enjoy a happier existence, since all we have is this one, unless there is more...

Because I hope his sweeter sentimental side evident in his voice came from a better part of himself I'm posting a photo of him, when he evidently enjoyed life in his prime and good years.
              Attached Files

Comment

He looks very suave and sophisticated in that photo. I'm sure he had a great life in spite of everything.

Comment

80 years ago you first heard this song. I love this.

Comment

He does, doesn't he? Those years, the 30s were so stylish.

Comment

He was fabulous.

Miss Marple

Comment

I spoke to my mother about this whole thing and she surprised me with the fact that Downton Abbey (which I have never seen) had a character named Jack Ross who was really...Hutchinson.

Downton Abbey features a new jazz singer character based on Twenties cabaret star Leslie 'Hutch’ Hutchinson, whose seductive skills caused a High Court libel sensation with Edwina Mountbatten

Comment

Originally posted by Beowulf View Post
                          I spoke to my mother about this whole thing and she surprised me with the fact that Downton Abbey (which I have never seen) had a character named Jack Ross who was really...Hutchinson.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/t...Jack-Ross.html
                          Downton Abbey.....

One branch of my Family owned the original Diwnton, another the building used in the tv show.

So why am I as poor as a Church mouse?
                          G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Yes 80 years ago. When the one oçlock news on BBC was preceeded by Henry Hall and his orchestra playing'Heres to the next time".

Comment

Originally posted by harry View Post
                              Yes 80 years ago. When the one oçlock news on BBC was preceeded by Henry Hall and his orchestra playing'Heres to the next time".
                              and I love that you remember all that. First hand account. Fun I would love to have seen those times, they were colorful and extraordinary, especially in old London. What memories.

Well, his song must've struck you as quite good to remember it that well.

Comment

Working...
                              X