Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thames River: Video Purports to Show Creature Swimming in Water

Did Nessie take an English Vacation?

A video which seems to show a “strange creature” in the Thames has divided the internet over whether it is a whale, a submarine or the Loch Ness Monster.

A bizarre video surfaced last week on YouTube that purportedly shows something strange in the Thames River. Could it be the Thames River monster? Laypersons and biologists alike are stumped as to what the mysterious creature in the video could be. Earth Mystery News reports that it could be anything from an “alien creature” to […]
    Last edited by Beowulf; 04-06-2016, 08:42 PM.

Ghost of Montie??
    G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Who's Montie?

I really wonder about that video. I guess a lot of people fig it's a hoax but it looks pretty real.

Comment

Druitt, who suicided in the Thames. My guess is that it's a small whale that somehow got lost.

Comment

That was very cool! Do we know if it surfaced somewhere else?

Comment

As far as I know that's the only sighting. I don't think it was a hoax by the person taking the video because they put the camera down for a moment and then searched that particular stretch of the river again a few seconds later, rather than filming continuously. Who knows what it was though, whale, seal, some rounded pieces of rubbish swept along by the tides!

Comment

Comment

Nessie went down south to spawn. She's like a salmon!

Comment

Strange that no one's filmed him leaping over the Thames flood barrier.

Comment

Its just a Plesiosaur

Comment

Isn't that what Nessie is supposed to be (according to those who believe in the myth, of course!) ?

Comment

Well I guess this is something at least :

A large Loch Ness Monster built in 1969 for a Sherlock Holmes film is found almost 50 years after it sank to the bottom of the loch.

Comment

Even if it is some terrible monster looking for stray bathers to eat, I'm delighted to see it there! Nothing but anaerobic bacteria could live in that river when I was a child. There has been such an amazing change over the course of my life.
                          - Ginger

Comment

Well I've posted about cryptozoology on this forum which is a subject I'm fascinated with, but this video is so brief I don't think anyone can be sure about just what it shows. I remember visiting the London Zoo in 2004 and there was a display on the wall in their aquarium entitled something along the lines of "You Wouldn't Believe What Can Be Found in the Thames." It included bull sharks, dolphins and seals. I've been to London three times and that display has caused me to stand on Tower Bridge and stare down into the swirling waters and wonder "What's down there?" The thing in the video looks big. It makes me wonder if the Russians would be so bold as to send a submarine up the Thames to spy on the Brits, but if it's an animal I think it could be just about anything including something not previously discovered.

Question- anyone know what the maximum depth of the Thames is?
                            Last edited by kensei; 04-14-2016, 01:20 AM.

Comment

I don't think it's very deep at all, something about 37 feet at the max. It varies a lot in depth and it's pretty silty in places.

Comment

Working...
                              X