X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An Aussie Heavyweight Champ

First one ever.
    G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Good on ya Gut...and congrats to Lucas Browne....you beat me to this..i planned on posting this......not to be a downer but he is a Heavyweight belt holder.....no such thing as a Champion these days ( what with so many belts and governing bodies etc..) but either way, this is awesome for the Aussies!!! Now just hope he doesn't fight Americas Deontay Wilder...or he will be Australia's first Ex-heavyweight champ.

Steadmund Brand
    "The truth is what is, and what should be is a fantasy. A terrible, terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago."- Lenny Bruce

Comment

Originally posted by Steadmund Brand View Post
      Good on ya Gut...and congrats to Lucas Browne....you beat me to this..i planned on posting this......not to be a downer but he is a Heavyweight belt holder.....no such thing as a Champion these days ( what with so many belts and governing bodies etc..) but either way, this is awesome for the Aussies!!! Now just hope he doesn't fight Americas Deontay Wilder...or he will be Australia's first Ex-heavyweight champ.

Steadmund Brand
      Yeah 865 different champs now days.

I saw Big Daddy fight that Butterbean (?) character a year or so back, he was good but not World status in my opinion.

Haven't seen much of Wilder, I'm hoping Lucas' win might bring a bt more attention and coverage.
      G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Congratulations!
        - Ginger

Comment

Good on ya, cobber.

Comment

Originally posted by GUT View Post
            First one ever.
            I was confused by the Australian Welterweight Champ in the 1940s, Tommy Burns, and the Heavyweight Champ of 1908, Tommy Burns. The former named himself for the latter, who was a Canadian born boxer.

Jeff

Comment

And now Solomon Humono (a former Rugby League player) has broken into the top ten.

Meanwhile a former Rugby League player, Anthony "The Mouth" is talking about quitting boxing and returning to league.
              G U T

Comment

Working...
              X