Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coughers at the opéra

Ho, is that tolerable ?

Just tell them politely that if they do it again you will bust a cap in their ass.

c.d.

Comment

Coughers and opera go together - both need tunes.

Comment

Originally posted by DVV View Post
        Ho, is that tolerable ?
        Nope – kill them all.
        La mort aux cons touchés de bronchite aigue.
        Best regards,
        Maria

Comment

Coughers at the opera aren't so bad because often enough there is noise to drown it out, unless they are coughing right in your earhole in which case they should be informed that their throat will be relocated to their rectum so that the entire audience thinks that they are a farting melodian unless they cut it out.

Seriously though, the worst ones are those who cough near you and don't bother to cover their mouths.....especially when you're sitting in a cramped waiting room at the doctors' surgery.

Cheers,
          Adam.

Comment

The worst thing is when you go to the opera and the singers are coughing.

Ill Trovatore
            La Travi Atchoo
            Snotterdamerung

Comment

Another golden post, Robert.

What about the musicians ? Do you think it's possible to cough in a trumpet ?

Comment

Certainly a trumpeter can cough, David, if he's playing Flight Of The Bumble Bee by Rimsky-Korsacough.

Comment

Piiiiiiiiiiitttttttttttt

Comment

As a matter of fact, playing any kind of wood or brass instrument is invariably linked to ending up drinking one's own saliva and to the need to empty said instrument of one's saliva at regular intervals. For real. Have you never noticed a horn player shaking their instrument upside down? ;-)
                    Best regards,
                    Maria

Comment

Worst of all is coughing during Schumann second violin sonata op 121. That would make me more dangerous than William Munny at the end of Unforgiven.

Comment

Hmmm, not much of a Schumann fan David, but I adore Schubert.
                        Like Adam said, as a music connoisseur it's super easy to chose your moment to cough/or talk at a live concert, especially symphonic.
                        Reminds me of a couple months ago in Greece, my cousin dragged me to this super boring movie (Kevin something), and I texted my date and he called me back during the movie and I used this as an excuse to get out.

À plus, je vais me coucher, j'ai pas dormi de la nuit et je viens de faire ma valise pour Chicago. Juste 15 kg!
                        Best regards,
                        Maria

Comment

Maria, your love for Schubert won't save you if you cough during Schumann sonata.

Bon voyage

Comment

Have you heard the (already legendary) duo Christian Ferras / Pierre Barbizet playing Schumann's sonatas ? (105 & 121)

I felt like I had never really heard Schumann before I listened to this.

By the way, everything Ferras played became gold. How great was this artist I cannot express. His sound was unique and one easily understands why he became the favourite violonist of Herr K and others.

His tragic life and secret personality adds some depth to his art. (He started drinking, gambled and lose and had to sell one of his stradivarius and finally committed suicide in Paris in September 1982.)
                            Ferras could play violin on both sides, he was awarded all over Europe when a child and made his first recordings at age 14.

Too bad Schumann 121 by Ferras isn't available on youtube. But you won't loose your money if you order it on amazon.

Comment

I don't cough very often. ;-)

Je pars pas avant lundi soir, dieu merci. J'ai encore pleins de trucs à faire à Berlin, boulot et cochon.
                              Et je passe d'abord 2 jours à Stockholm. (Stockholm syndrome?)

PS.: I'll check out Ferras. Don't know how come I don't own any recordings of him! I know Barbizet. My favorite are the Beethoven sonatas. I used to play them (for piano and piano/violin) in exams and concerts. And I love the Beethoven trio, but I've never played it.

For Chicago the man I'm seeing there has tickets for Aida and Midsummmer night's dream plus I wanna buy tickets for an interesting sounding play at the Steppenwolf.
                              Last edited by mariab; 01-07-2012, 02:36 PM.
                              Best regards,
                              Maria

Comment

Working...
                              X