• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JACK THE RIPPER

Police issue chilling warning to women.

"Killer may be armed with human rights."

The police have issued the following statement :

"We believe that the Ripper may have bought, stolen or otherwise acquired quite a large number of human rights. This is in addition to the rights with which he was endowed at birth.

"Moreover, yesterday we raided a house recently vacated by him, and found rights-making equipment in the cellar.

"Our advice therefore is : if attacked, phone a lawyer to ascertain the legal situation."

Comment

MEATLOAF MANUFACTURERS MONTHLY

Autumn of Terrines!
      Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

Nice one Gareth!

"The Wimborne Mercury has learned that Mr Druitt, having lost his income from teaching, had taken a job working at a coffee stall just before he committed suicide. The early death of this tragic young barista is to be deplored."

Comment

DAILY MAIL

Immigrant suspected of Whitechapel Murders - page 1, 2, 3, 4 & 5

The Mail says "We told you so" - Opinion, page 18
          Kind regards, Sam Flynn

Comment

Originally posted by Robert View Post
            Nice one Gareth!

"The Wimborne Mercury has learned that Mr Druitt, having lost his income from teaching, had taken a job working at a coffee stall just before he committed suicide. The early death of this tragic young barista is to be deplored."
            Genius

Regards
            HS
            Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

'We Believe that the perpetrator was an unemployed Polish Jew,' said Chief Inspector Farage today.

Regards
              HS
              Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Page Three of The Sun, 1st October 1888

Sizzling stunna Charmaine is a Double Event in her own right. No sign of missing organs, there!
                Kind regards, Sam Flynn

Comment

To be honest, sometimes cases of murders and disappearances targeting vulnerable populations don't get as much of a media hype as you'd expect. I think part of the reason why they did in Victorian England was that it hit certain tropes and the specifics would have been somewhat novel for most people. I think there's a chance it would be treated as minor news, especially the first few muders and dimissed as "just" violence in a poorer area.

Otherwise, I expect some of the coverage would be very sensationalistic, talking to literally everyone who even remotely knew the victims or could potentially know the killer or just plain lived in the area, and trying to dredge up the details of the victims' personal lives. In other words... not that different from what some of the reporting at the time was like.

Then of course, there were and are publications that would probably write about it in a more serious tone due to not trying to compete with tabloids.

Comment

PSYCHIC TIMES 7th September 1888

R.I.P. Annie Chapman, died Sept 8th 1888

Comment

JOURNAL OF NEW TESTAMENT STUDIES

"Canon now contains five!"
                      Kind regards, Sam Flynn

Comment

ILLUSTRATED POLICE NEWS

Sir Charles Warren gave an interview to one of our reporters today in response to the wave of criticism that he has received with regard to his handling of the recent Whitechapel Murders.

Sir Charles: "I see nothing faintly ludicrous about my idea to use bloodhounds to help catch the perpetrator of these terrible murders and as soon as their uniforms are ready they will be out on the beat doing just that."

Regards
                        HS
                        Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

CANINE CHRONICLE

The on-off treatment of Barnaby and Burgho is nothing short of a disgrace.

We urge all our readers to join the mass lampposting march on Saturday. If Warren is going to **** a snook at us, we will **** a leg at him.

We need to send a message to humans everywhere : "NOT IN MY NAME TAG."

Comment

We see from the asterisks that the humans are now trying to muzzle us. Bloody typical!

Comment

BONDAGE NEWS

"Special Leather Apron edition"
                              Kind regards, Sam Flynn

Comment

THE JEWISH CHRONICLE

Speaking to a newsreporter today Rabbi Weizmann became overcome with emotion when discussing the recent Whitechapel Murders:

" It is totally without foundation that these horrible crimes are being blamed on one of our Jewish brothers. I refute these accusations categorically. I say without a shred of doubt that we are the men that will not be blamed for nothing....oops"

Regards
                                HS
                                Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Working...
                                X