X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lawyer, lawyer, pants on fire!

- Ginger

Funny wasn't it.

Now was it an e-cigarette or a stunt for the jury?

That's the real question.
    G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Originally posted by GUT View Post
      Funny wasn't it.

Accident or stunt, he still can't hold a candle to Clement Vallandigham.
      - Ginger

Comment

Funny wasn't it.

I call it suspicious that he was fiddling with something in his pocket during his speech, right before the flames erupted... He claims it wasn't a stunt, but he's a lawyer, so...
        Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
        ---------------
        Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
        ---------------

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger View Post
          Well, that's just bizarre...
          ---------------
          Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
          ---------------

Comment

Originally posted by Pcdunn View Post
            I call it suspicious that he was fiddling with something in his pocket during his speech, right before the flames erupted... He claims it wasn't a stunt, but he's a lawyer, so...
            Nah, I'm always fiddling with something when addressing, nervous energy.
            G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Nah, I'm always fiddling with something when addressing, nervous energy.
              Yes, but I bet you don't always carry spent e-cigarette batteries in your pockets, as the investigators found in this guy's singed pocket, do you?
              Still, if he was just expending nervous energy, maybe it was an accident.
              ---------------
              ---------------

Comment

Originally posted by Pcdunn View Post
                Yes, but I bet you don't always carry spent e-cigarette batteries in your pockets, as the investigators found in this guy's singed pocket, do you?
                Still, if he was just expending nervous energy, maybe it was an accident.
                If I smoked I might.

Wouldn't be the strangest thing I've seen a Barrister pull out of his pocket.
                G U T

Comment

It's no time impossible that it was an accident. Back when personal stereos were all the rage, I used to listen to mine at work and carried a spare AA battery in my trouser pocket. Occasionally I would do a sudden yelping dance around the office, as the battery was shorted out by my keys or loose change causing an intense burning sensation. With the increase in battery power since those days, I can easily see this resulting in flames.
                  Still a bit of a coincidence happening during an arson trial, though.

Comment

Will the lawyer bill the client for new trousers?

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger View Post
                      That definitely wasn't planned by the ex-"Copperhead" Civil War Democrat. By the way, despite his demise it won the case for his last client.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert View Post
                        Will the lawyer bill the client for new trousers?
                        I hope so.
                        G U T

Comment

If I smoked I might.

Wouldn't be the strangest thing I've seen a Barrister pull out of his pocket.
                          Dare we ask??? Haha

Steadmund Brand
                          "The truth is what is, and what should be is a fantasy. A terrible, terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago."- Lenny Bruce

Comment

Originally posted by Steadmund Brand View Post
                            Dare we ask??? Haha

Steadmund Brand
                            Funniest was the bloke mid cross examination, sweating he was going at it so hard, reaches for his handkerchief to wipe his brow, comes out with a pair of his toddler daughters pink underpants.

The laughter sort of ruined things a bit.

Another in a similar situation pulls out a lacy bra, but I think that was a stunt.
                            G U T

Comment

Working...
                            X