Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Woman Dies in Dentist's Parking Lot After Having 16 Teeth Pulled

c.d.

I can't believe that her doctor didn't insist that the procedure be done in a hospital setting and that her dentist proceeded with the extractions after being told of her heart rate especially with all of her other medical problems.

I suspect that somebody is going to get sued big time.

c.d.

Comment

This happened in our family. My uncle had all his teeth removed, some hours later he dropped dead in the street. We were told it was due to blood clots.
      This was back in '77 or thereabouts I think.
      No-one was sued, it was just classed as unfortunate, I think I have his death cert. here somewhere, but yes, it does happen.
      Regards, Jon S.

Comment

No wonder I hate dentists.
        G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Hi.

(Sorry this is my first post. Been too nervous to post before, actually my heart is racing doing this now!) ��

Anyway. All I wanted to say was that I'm having 4 teeth out in a few weeks!!! Don''the think I should of read that. ��

I had 1 out a few years ago, under sedation and I told everyone at the hospital I was JtR! So I was told when i came round properly. So embarrassed.

Well, hopefully I will build up the courage to comment and post more in the future as I think this is truly the most informative, fascinating, and incredible sites, not just on the subject on the world of Victorian London, JtR and everything else but I have become totally addicted to reading all your posts and threads, dissertations, the lot. I only hope I can one day be as knowledgeable and we'll versed on all the sites subjects as the rest of you.

Thank you, you are all absolutely fascinating! ��x

Comment

Originally posted by Ruby Slipper View Post
            Hi.

(Sorry this is my first post. Been too nervous to post before, actually my heart is racing doing this now!) ��

Anyway. All I wanted to say was that I'm having 4 teeth out in a few weeks!!! Don''the think I should of read that. ��

I had 1 out a few years ago, under sedation and I told everyone at the hospital I was JtR! So I was told when i came round properly. So embarrassed.

Well, hopefully I will build up the courage to comment and post more in the future as I think this is truly the most informative, fascinating, and incredible sites, not just on the subject on the world of Victorian London, JtR and everything else but I have become totally addicted to reading all your posts and threads, dissertations, the lot. I only hope I can one day be as knowledgeable and we'll versed on all the sites subjects as the rest of you.

Thank you, you are all absolutely fascinating! ��x

Welcome to Casebook Ruby.

Don't be shy get stuck in.

I think you learn by joining in.
            G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruby Slipper View Post
              I had 1 out a few years ago, under sedation and I told everyone at the hospital I was JtR!
              Well, that's it, folks -- we have a confession!!

Welcome to the forum, Ruby. There's some truly awesome researchers here, but don't be afraid to jump in, everyone's a newbie at some point. Heck, I still am a tiddler in an ocean of whales, and I've been here a few years now..

The real problem with this place is what a giant rabbit hole of information it is, I can lose whole days just reading threads on this or that tiny detail.

(I can't even think about the teeth thing... literally, the stuff of nightmares...)

Comment

Good to see you back Ausgirl, haven't seen you around much lately.
                G U T

Comment

Originally posted by GUT View Post
                  Good to see you back Ausgirl, haven't seen you around much lately.
                  Cheers, GUT! I've been reading along as best as I could, but busy with this and that this past few months, including working on my (eternally, excruciatingly imperfect) poetry manuscript, and a new shiny Reddit site dedicated to historic crime, which is proving fun (and I'm learning a lot in the process). Plus a mad research binge, during which I found what is possibly the only good suspect in 88 years for a series of attempted murders over here in the 1920's/30's, which was super fun! And etc... I've missed posting here though. How are you?

Comment

Originally posted by Ausgirl View Post
                    Cheers, GUT! I've been reading along as best as I could, but busy with this and that this past few months, including working on my (eternally, excruciatingly imperfect) poetry manuscript, and a new shiny Reddit site dedicated to historic crime, which is proving fun (and I'm learning a lot in the process). Plus a mad research binge, during which I found what is possibly the only good suspect in 88 years for a series of attempted murders over here in the 1920's/30's, which was super fun! And etc... I've missed posting here though. How are you?
                    Great.

Which attempted murders.
                    G U T

Comment

A series of really creepy gassings in Waverly/Coogee. When I have time, I may post something on it here, but I'll link my work so far below so you can see. What's been really exciting is that my suspect was meant to be in gaol at the time of the first attack, but he fit the crime so well I thought he must've been on early release.. just no proof of it.. and then thanks to some other posters, I found out that he actually was! One of those woo-hoo moments, that. I thought of you, actually, as someone who might be interested in this being that it's from Oz and all.

Original article: http://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/article/168692405

and here's my own sub, in its infancy but I'm really enjoying it:
                      Last edited by Ausgirl; 04-19-2016, 08:24 PM.

Comment

A series of really creepy gassings in Waverly/Coogee. When I have time, I may post something on it here, but I'll link my work so far below so you can see. What's been really exciting is that my suspect was meant to be in gaol at the time of the first attack, but he fit the crime so well I thought he must've been on early release.. just no proof of it.. and then thanks to some other posters, I found out that he actually was! One of those woo-hoo moments, that. I thought of you, actually, as someone who might be interested in this being that it's from Oz and all.

https://www.reddit.com/r/HistoricCrimes
                        Interesting development it seems.
                        G U T

Comment

https://www.reddit.com/r/HistoricCrimes

Your sub shows as blank.

But yep interesting.
                          G U T

Comment

Hi GUT.

Thanks. I intend to. Gonna get stuck in as I have a few things I have been wondering about.

A us girl.

Ha ha. I wish! As much as I'm fascinated and intrigued d by the whole myster, it's so frustrating and it's turning into an obsession. Wish I could do something to help in some way.

Well, thanks for the welcome and I'll be posting some questions soon. x

Comment

Hello Ruby Slipper,

Welcome to the boards. Please don't be afraid to post. New people who bring a new perspective on things are always welcome. Asking questions is the best way to learn things.

c.d.

Comment

Working...
                              X