Dutfield's Yard Video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bumb:
    Anyone hazzard a guess on the above post?
    JtRmap.com<< JtR Interactive Map
    JtRmap FORM << Use this form to make suggestions for map annotations
    ---------------------------------------------------
    JtR3d.com << JtR 3D & #VR Website

Comment

Originally posted by richardh View Post
      In the Hutchinson Dutfield's Yard photo, I need someone to explain what this is (circled in yellow)

I know that there was a fanlight above this door. My problem is that this 'ledge' (circled yellow) looks (to me) to be positioned above the club's side door. If is is, then the door would only measure 4' 5" (from the step to the 'ledge' measures 4'5"). Obviously this is rather a short door! So I'm guessing that this 'ledge' isn't what i think it is. Or is it?

any offers?
      G'day Richard

I'll throw out two possibilities:

1. It is a Bar across the door used to secure the door, and that's my first shot. The bar being about 4'6" off the ground, slightly higher than where many of the modern push bars are today.

2. Are we sure it is the door in a former life I delivered kegs of beer to pubs and clubs, a lot of the old establishments, pre-refrigeration had a cellar and this was accessed via a door about 4 foot high that opened to a slide down which the kegs were rolled, whilst attached to a rope. The problem with this theory is that I cannot work out where the door is.
      G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

I might as well add that I am not overly confident with either of those suggestions.
        G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

bumb:
          Anyone hazzard a guess on the above post?
          Could it be an elbow?

Comment

In the Hutchinson Dutfield's Yard photo, I need someone to explain what this is (circled in yellow)
            Is this photo allowed to be used?

Cheers
            DRoy

Comment

Well, it's the photo that is posted on another thread on these forums. And it's stayed on these forums so I'm hoping it's okay to reproduce here. Also, it's only a cropped bit of the full photo.

I have emailed Phil for permission to use the image but alas I've had no reply yet.

Originally posted by DRoy View Post
              Is this photo allowed to be used?

Cheers
              DRoy

Comment

Thanks GUT for the reply. It's a bit of a mystery. I think I might leave that part (the 'ledge') out of my model as there's no way I can reconcile something being across the door like that. It's not overly important so I'll just let if fade from view when I fade out the iron gates and fade in the wooden gates that were there in 1888.

I'm close to finishing V2 of Dutfield's Yard. I'm not 100% satisfied with the result but I'll stick it on Youtube in few days for feedback. My aim was for some sort of photo-realism but I've failed miserably because I'm not of the calibre of the professionals like Jaakko Luukane. But I'll keep working at improving.

thanks
                R

Originally posted by GUT View Post
                G'day Richard

I'll throw out two possibilities:

1. It is a Bar across the door used to secure the door, and that's my first shot. The bar being about 4'6" off the ground, slightly higher than where many of the modern push bars are today.

2. Are we sure it is the door in a former life I delivered kegs of beer to pubs and clubs, a lot of the old establishments, pre-refrigeration had a cellar and this was accessed via a door about 4 foot high that opened to a slide down which the kegs were rolled, whilst attached to a rope. The problem with this theory is that I cannot work out where the door is.

Comment

This is my first and only post here for four years.

I would like to state that, whilst Richard's work is admirable, I have had NO communication from him requesting use of my image. I was only recently alerted to the 2013 posting of the image by Richard elsewhere. As soon as I saw it, I sent a report post and it was immediately removed by the admins. I have also reported this copyright infringement (the image was restored by me in 2009) and PM'd Richard after a user was kind enough to contact me this morning.

This is nothing to do with financial remuneration (believe me, the money I have received from Amberley Publishings total abortion of a publication, not like the one I sent for publication in quality or layout, would lay testament to that) but I have the right as the one who discovered it, bought it, owns it and has done all the research, to have total control over its use and to be aware of where and when it is used.

PHILIP
                  Tour guides do it loudly in front of a crowd.

Comment

I've PM'ed you Phil with an apology. I'll remove the offending images and hope you accept my apology for infringement. I sent you an email communication from this site using the link 'email this member'. I didn't use the 'PM this member'.

I'll get rid of the images now.

Sorry again.

regards

Richard

Comment

Righto,
                      All offending images have been removed and/or replaced.

Apology again for infringement.

R

Originally posted by George Hutchinson View Post
                      This is my first and only post here for four years.

I would like to state that, whilst Richard's work is admirable, I have had NO communication from him requesting use of my image. I was only recently alerted to the 2013 posting of the image by Richard elsewhere. As soon as I saw it, I sent a report post and it was immediately removed by the admins. I have also reported this copyright infringement (the image was restored by me in 2009) and PM'd Richard after a user was kind enough to contact me this morning.

This is nothing to do with financial remuneration (believe me, the money I have received from Amberley Publishings total abortion of a publication, not like the one I sent for publication in quality or layout, would lay testament to that) but I have the right as the one who discovered it, bought it, owns it and has done all the research, to have total control over its use and to be aware of where and when it is used.

PHILIP

Comment

Question: Was there a water pump in Dutfield's Yard please?

thanks

Comment

Question: Was there a water pump in Dutfield's Yard please?

thanks
                          G'day Richard

pretty sure I read about one somewhere I'll try and find it. More to the point can't imagine such a yard without one.
                          G U T

Comment

Thanks GUT,
                            I agree, for a location involved in industry there would certainly be a need for a pump close by. The Goad maps don't show these things do they?

Comment

Thanks GUT,
                              I agree, for a location involved in industry there would certainly be a need for a pump close by. The Goad maps don't show these things do they?
                              One map for Miller's Court included the pump, but I don't think it was Goad.
                              G U T

Comment

But come to think of it you would expect the fire maps to show the pumps,
                                G U T

Comment

Working...
                                X