Most interesting unsolved non-serial killer cases

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sdreid View Post
    Louisa Steele was also another significant 1931 British murder.
    If I am not mistaken the police knew who killed Louisa Steele, but the killer realized what the threatening piece (or lack of piece) of information was, and took care of it. So they could not bring him in as their official suspect for an arrest. I think his name was Percy Rush.

Jeff

Comment

• Hi Jeff:

I do know that a guy named Arthur Salvage confessed to killing Miss Steele but he was never charged so maybe police doubted his claim or thought that he was unfit to plead.
      This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Comment

• Originally posted by sdreid View Post
        Hi Jeff:

I do know that a guy named Arthur Salvage confessed to killing Miss Steele but he was never charged so maybe police doubted his claim or thought that he was unfit to plead.
        I'm not sure that unfit to plead would do the job, they'd want him locked away. Unfortunately, for the police, a lot of people confess to crimes they haven't committed.
        G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

• I believe that Salvage was already in the mad house for killing a young girl named Ivy Godden.

Stan Reid

Comment

• Salvage

Some information about Arthur Salvage can be found here:
            WITH the disappearance into Broadmoor criminal lunatic asylum of Arthur James Faraday Salvage, a strange and ...

I wonder when (if ever) he was released?

Comment

• Not a murder, but DB Cooper is fascinating.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosella View Post
                I don't think I've read Goodman on the Foster mystery. What was his take on it?
                He favoured Ernest Brown, who apparently (apocryphally?) said from behind the hood as he stood on the trap that he "ought to burn" or "Otterburn".

I read Goodman's book years ago, and was impressed by his research.
                I can certainly recommend it.

Comment

• Originally posted by barnflatwyngarde View Post
                  He favoured Ernest Brown, who apparently (apocryphally?) said from behind the hood as he stood on the trap that he "ought to burn" or "Otterburn".

I read Goodman's book years ago, and was impressed by his research.
                  I can certainly recommend it.
                  Yes, it's a good read.

Stan Reid

Comment

• Hi All,

I just saw on Amazon that a new book came out last month called 'The Phantom Killer' about the Texarkana serial murders. It promises a wealth of new information and insight. It's written by a Pulitzer Prize nominated historian, so it might actually deliver on that promise.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

• I'll put that one on my list.

Stan Reid

Comment

• Well, no Phantom books at either of our area Barnes & Nobles but plenty of books about Manson. They must be gearing up for the 50th anniversary already.

Stan Reid

Comment

• The Original Night Stalker / East Area Rapist

40+ rapes and at least 10 murders from Sacramento to Orange County, California from 1976-1986. Vicious man, likely in his 50;s or 60's if still alive. They have his DNA profile.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vincenzo View Post
                            The Original Night Stalker / East Area Rapist

40+ rapes and at least 10 murders from Sacramento to Orange County, California from 1976-1986. Vicious man, likely in his 50;s or 60's if still alive. They have his DNA profile.
                            This case is recent enough that, I think, chances are, the perpetrator is still living.

Stan Reid

Comment

• I think he is dead. No activity from 86 onwards. I think he was a carrier criminal and was taken out by someone connected to the four-toed dog.
                              Bona fide canonical and then some.

Comment

• If he is still alive, he would probably be in his early 60s. By law of averages, he would still be alive but these sorts don't live average life spans I don't believe. I think I would come down the side that he is still alive though.

Stan Reid

Comment

Working...
                                X