Break ups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Michael W Richards View Post
    I think there are circumstances where the separations might be quite relevant...if for example anyone or some of the Canonicals were not killed by someone who was a stranger to them.

In Liz Strides case, she had just split with Kidney that same week, in Kates case, she obviously does not seek out John Kelly when we are told they slept together nearly every night. If she didn't intend to seek him out, this would be 2 consecutive nights apart. Mary Kelly ejected Joe Barnett at the end of October, so she had been alone in that room since Maria got her own room on the 2nd or 3rd.

What we do not have with the above is any evidence that they were incapacitated or soliciting at the time they meet their killer. Although Kate and Mary might have hangovers. What that means is that as far as the evidence goes, we do not have to consider them being killed by a stranger as strongly as the evidence in the first 2 murders suggests.

Therefore, 1 or more of them might have been killed by someone known to them...and in Marys case, considering her attire and demeanor, known well.
    Yes what about the possibility that the ripper was someone they were seeing?

Comment

Hi Rocky

Originally posted by RockySullivan View Post
      Could the Ripper have known and taken advantage of this or is it a random coincidence?

They had no men to take care of them so they had to go on the streets looking for money, which is where and why they ran into the Ripper.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Guy View Post
        Hi Rocky

They had no men to take care of them so they had to go on the streets looking for money, which is where and why they ran into the Ripper.
        Now, that's misleading Jon,...Liz Stride left her lodging house with enough money for her doss and was , Kate Eddowes didn't seek out John Kelly who had earned money for their bed that night, and room 13 was registered as a weekly rental under the name of Mary Jane Kelly. We have evidence that just 2 of the Canonicals admitted to confidants that they were soliciting for their bed money the night they were killed.

And in the last case, its probable that Marys killer came to her, not vice versa. She was already in bed undressed when attacked.

The killer who preyed on strangers, Unfortunates soliciting, is a myth....only 2 of 5 Canonicals have evidence that supports that claim.

Cheers Jon
        Last edited by Michael W Richards; 11-16-2015, 11:10 AM.
        Michael Richards

Comment

Originally posted by Pierre View Post
          Not according to my sources, no.

Regards Pierre
          Kindly bugger off to one of the many threads you have started and those idiots that feed trolls!

For once,there is a glimmer of intelligence in a recent thread on this site.
          My name is Dave. You cannot reach me through Debs email account

Comment

We have evidence that just 2 of the Canonicals admitted to confidants that they were soliciting for their bed money the night they were killed.
            Not really.

Prolly begging for money.

Honestly,would you pay Nichols or Chapman for a root?

Comment

Originally posted by DJA View Post
              Not really.

Prolly begging for money.

Honestly,would you pay Nichols or Chapman for a root?
              Ill abstain on commenting on the above, but its a fact that Polly told a friend she intended to go out again, after earning her doss several times and spending it on drink, and earn a bed. Annie told her landlord to hold her bed while she went out to earn, and told a friend she needed to pull herself together and get her doss, since she was feeling ill.

Another this unique to these 2 victims...they were arguably incapacitated by the booze and feeling unwell respectively. Which likely lowered their guard enough to put out for whoever came by.

Opportunistic kills.
              Michael Richards

Comment

they were arguably incapacitated by the booze and feeling unwell respectively. Which likely lowered their guard enough to put out for whoever came by.

Opportunistic kills.
                Possibly worth reading the Inquests.

None of the CV5 tested positive to alcohol.

Eddowes had sobered up and part of her problem was probably due to fatigue accompanying her disease.

Comment

Eddowes had sobered up and part of her problem was probably due to fatigue accompanying her disease.
                  Worth reading the Inquests? Cheeky. . Ive been over more Ripper oriented documentation than you ever will be and its a matter of record that Annie was unwell and Polly was seen staggering off in search of a client. Hence my comments.

If you can read you'll see I didn't include Kate in my comments about being somewhat compromised. If not get someone to read it to you.
                  Michael Richards

Comment

Wasn't mary drunk the night of her murder?

Comment

Ive been over more Ripper oriented documentation than you ever will be and its a matter of record that Annie was unwell and Polly was seen staggering off in search of a client. Hence my comments.
                      Chapman was unwell.....ROFL!
                      Bit of an understatement.
                      She was dying of TB.

Polly was chronically ill.
                      I have some of her and Kate's medical records.
                      Same initial disease.Both inpatients of Jack's from December 1867.
                      Due to fatigue,both could appear drunk.

Stride's disease has been staring you in the face for how many years?

Check your shoe size.
                      Prolly matches your IQ.

Comment

Chapman was unwell.....ROFL!
                        Bit of an understatement.
                        She was dying of TB.

Polly was chronically ill.
                        I have some of her and Kate's medical records.
                        Same initial disease.Both inpatients of Jack's from December 1867.
                        Due to fatigue,both could appear drunk.

Stride's disease has been staring you in the face for how many years?

Check your shoe size.
                        Prolly matches your IQ.
                        An Australian and a Canadian walk into a bar....they should watch where they are going.

Comment

Originally posted by Rosella View Post
                          Well, he had to stop sometime, even if he'd (by some chance) gone on killing till he was 94. I don't think you can necessarily attribute huge significance to Mary being the last victim. We don't know what made him stop. He could have gone to jail, moved elsewhere and slit his throat, fallen victim to one of those very common Victorian industrial accidents, anything.

And as for the victims living in doss houses in close proximity to each other, we have to remember how many hundreds of people were jammed into doss houses each night in that tiny area of a couple of streets.
                          Hi Rosella, I agree, although I don't think he stopped with Kelly. Pinchin, Coles, Mckenzie, there are probably more lost in time we don't know about it

Comment

Originally posted by RockySullivan View Post
                            However I don't think there is anything to support that theory at all.
                            Which theory?

Comment

Just thought I'd chime in with a few comments on the theme of "breakups."

It's always been my strong impression that Kelly and Barnett were not actually broken up, but "on a break." He still visited her and I believe they would have ended up living together again if she had lived.

And Eddowes and John Kelly were a solid (though dysfunctional) couple, and I think the reason she did not go straight to him after being released from jail was because she felt bad about having earned some money and wasted it on booze and she felt that she needed to go out and earn some more before going back to him.

Stride, meanwhile, appears to have genuinely broken up with the abusive Kidney, a nice nod to her character which is lacking in so many other areas. The way she was described reacting to her attacker just before her death speaks of a woman who was used to being hit and thrown around, a sad commentary.

Comment

Which theory?
                                Hey short term memory,

"Mary Kelly was the cause of it all."

You claim the murders stopped after Kelly. They didn't.

Comment

Working...
                                X