No announcement yet.

channel five documentry!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gideon! Nice to see you back. We haven't heard from you for a while. You seem to have viewed the programme quite closely. If it's ever shown on this side of the pond, I'll try to note the points you've made.

Comment

Blimey, the way its shaping up there was nothing authentic about it. They better cancel next week's show!

Comment

If we're talking picky-picky...The Life Guards at Bloody Sunday appeared to be in Early 19thcent uniforms.................

Steve

Comment

I thought Bill Beadle was excellent.

Its nice to see him in a production.

Id have liked to see a tad more location photos, even if to emphasise the excellent job Jakey has done.

As for the other complaints....it was a Gladstone bag, the lighting (IMHO) was out but it had to be, else we'd see very little if anything on screen, they showed Cross and Paul AFTER they met up and yes, Ill give you the apron in the yard.

Monty
          Monty

https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...t/evilgrin.gif

Author of Capturing Jack the Ripper.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1445621622

Comment

I enjoyed it - I didn't fancy Liz Stride's accent much though!

Comment

^agreed thought it was excellent

Comment

the programme that,is not liz's accent

Comment

Originally posted by Monty View Post
                  I thought Bill Beadle was excellent.

Its nice to see him in a production.

Id have liked to see a tad more location photos, even if to emphasise the excellent job Jakey has done.

As for the other complaints....it was a Gladstone bag, the lighting (IMHO) was out but it had to be, else we'd see very little if anything on screen, they showed Cross and Paul AFTER they met up and yes, Ill give you the apron in the yard.

Monty
                  The first thing I noticed was that the date of the attack on Emma Smith was given and captioned wrongly. She was attacked in the early hours of the 3rd of April not the 4th, she died on the morning of the 4th.

The Cross and Paul scene was wrong because it showed Paul following Cross as he spotted the body and not as spotting the body first then Paul approaching. That was no Gladstone bag it was a briefcase of modern design. The official report on the description given by Mrs Long had no mention of a hat but the newspaper report said a brown deerstalker not a low crowned felt hat.

I'm not trying to spoil anything it was very good otherwise.

Comment

Liz Stride had a lovely set of teeth.

Comment

Originally posted by KatBradshaw View Post
                      Thanks for pointing out when next week is Andrew!!
                      Originally posted by Andrew Firth View Post
                      Cheeky! It could have been next week on another day other than Tuesday!
                      And it is, Andrew, so you were right to give the date. Jan 20th is not Tuesday. As Lech says it's Thursday, and I believe it's going out at 9pm.

Loved it! Well done to everyone involved.

And hubby didn't even get fed up when I kept saying: "I know him, I know her, I know him" all the way through.

Love,

Caz
                      X
                      "Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov

Comment

Haven't seen it, but after reading the comments I have to say this: if there is a choice between creative license and absolute verisimilitude in which perfect accuracy requires that people wade through knee high oceans of horse crap, then I want to come down firmly on the side of creative license. Inducing vomiting is probably not the goal of any documentarian.

Let all Oz be agreed;
                        I need a better class of flying monkeys.

Comment

It was suggested that the teeth of the actress who played Liz were knocked out however she declined.

Monty
                          Monty

Comment

So it's next Thursday 20th January at 9 pm.
                            Blimey, talk about several 'missing' days!

Comment

Originally posted by Monty View Post
                              It was suggested that the teeth of the actress who played Liz were knocked out however she declined.

Monty
                              Clearly she isn't a real actress willing to give all for her art.

Let all Oz be agreed;
                              I need a better class of flying monkeys.

Comment

Damn right Ally,

They made me change my shirt, and I wasnt even acting in it.

Monty
                                Monty

Comment

Working...
                                X