Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'Dim Bulb' OR 'Another Bright Idea'?

Originally posted by Jane Coram View Post
    if anyone on the boards wants me to shove them in a painting somewhere for fun, I'd be more than happy to do it. Just pm me and send a photo. Might be quite a good game for others to see if they can spot the cuckoo in the nest!
    Much love Jane xxxxxx
    Hi, Jane. I've had some rather dicey health issues myself lately, so there's another odd thing fo us to bond over!
    I'm impressed that you are able to keep up such a sunny attitude; I know my own fails me sometimes... then I have to kick myself & start again.

That said, my wacky imagination has a new idea for you: are you familiar with those ''Change Your Look/ Try A New Computerized Hairstyle'' websites?
    > Wouldn't it be funny to do some Whitechapel scenes with 'blanks' for faces where we could all insert our own photo?
    (Perfect for those megalomaniacs who want to be all things to all people LOL )

You could call it something like:
    Jane Coram's 'SPOT THE LOONEY', Whitechapel Edition

I have a somewhat embarrassed feeling that the JTR-associated character I most resemble is 'Diddles',
    but other members might make a very convincing Homicidal Maniac.

In any case, I bet that the random JTR Portrait Photo-Fits you turn out would be MUCH more realistic than that one with Freddie Mercury.

Take Care & Best Wishes, Archaic

Comment

Might I suggest a picture of Abberline? Perhaps sifting the ashes in 13 Miller's Court.

Comment

Hi Kensei,

I did actually start a straight portrait of Abberline, but forgot about it.......I like the idea though of him sifting through the ashes.......actually there is a lot of mileage to be had in the actual crime scene investigations, which hadn't even crossed my mind before. Possibly a lot of work, but there could be some good stuff to be had........like the doctors and police in Dutfield's Yard........and the Abberline one.

The good thing about that is that they could be done from a discreet angle, so that they still remained decent. It might be quite interesting to see Mary's room from different angles as well, minus poor Mary of course.

Very good idea indeed Kensei.........I'll get my head into gear and get stuck into that.

Much love

Jane

xxxx
        I'm not afraid of heights, swimming or love - just falling, drowning and rejection.

Comment

Hi Archaic,

I've got to give you a gold star for inventiveness! I remember when I was a kid and we used to go to Clacton or Southend on holiday, they used to have those on the beach. (Not Jack the Ripper ones obviously! ) I think they were usually big fat men and women in striped bathing suits. Good fun.

I'm not sure who I'd be if I was a character in the case.......probably Mrs Maxwell. Lol.

Much love

Jane

xxxx
          I'm not afraid of heights, swimming or love - just falling, drowning and rejection.

Comment

Hi Janey
            Great stuff as ever- Couldn't help but notice how similar that first Dutfield's Yard is to a certain photograph though!!

I want to be Mrs M ....or maybe Mrs Prater on second thoughts!!!!!
            Last edited by Suzi; 05-31-2009, 07:19 PM.
            'Would you like to see my African curiosities?'

Comment

Hi Suzi,

I put together the yard paintings from sketches in newspapers and written descriptions.........but I must say I was pretty pleased when I saw the photo that it was not far off the mark. Just shows what good artists the newspaper chaps were. Full marks to them for accuracy!

No, you should definitely be Liz Prater!

Big hug

Janie

xxxx

Comment

LOL spookily good though 'eh!!! See Frip is right!!! OK will settle for that P woman with that cat!!!!!

HUGS xxxxxxxx

Comment

Hi Guys,

This isn't strictly Ripper, but I always thought that Burn Gorman would make a good Jack in a film.........definitely a touch of Joseph Fleming there. Lol.

You can't really see that it's a painting from a distant shot, but the close up gives more detail.

This is going to be auctioned as a limited edition print, signed by Burn Gorman for Teenage Cancer Trust. The original oil painting, signed by Burn and other members of the cast is going to be auctioned and will hopefully get a nice bit of bunce for the charity. Obviously this is only a low res copy, but you can get the idea from it. I'll post up the link to the auction when it's on, but it won't be for a couple of months yet as the painting has to dry before I can put the varnish on!

Hugs

Jane

xxxxx
                  Attached Files

Comment

That's an utterly superb painting, Jane. I hope it fetches a good price - it bloody well should!
                    Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

Bloody hell Jane did you really paint that ????

I am gobsmacked to put it mildly....really well done !!

Comment

Sensational Janey!!!!

Suz xxxxxxx

Comment

That's a PAINTING???
                          Roll up the lino, Mother. We're raising Behemoth tonight!

Comment

Hello Jane

I've just been looking at your amazing paintings - they are superb. Thanks so much for posting them up - very atmospheric and though I know your pictures of the people involved are interpretations, still it feels like a step closer to being able to see what the victims and others looked like in life. Thank you for that.

Best wishes

Jane x

Comment

Jane,

You are an amazing artist!!! Your paintings are breathtaking, because of their incredible realism!!

Thank you so much for posting these!!
                              Cheers,
                              cappuccina

"Don't make me get my flying monkeys!"

Comment

Hi gang,

I must admit, I took a hell of a lot longer on that than on practically any other painting I've ever done, because of all the detail, but he's not exactly hard on the eyes. Lol. It's a big bugger as well. The dog was the hardest bit!

I've had quite a few people ask how I paint the Ripper stuff I do, because it's a bit hard to fathom out how you can actually paint a picture on a computer without seeing it as it's being done.........so I'm in the middle of a painting and have saved it step by step, from beginning to end, so that it's a walk through of the process. I can post the stages up and hopefully, it will show why I go boss-eyed a lot. Lol.

It's more or less the same technique as painting in oils, except I use a virtual brush and a virtual finger to blend it in! It's also a lot less messy, and avoids oily paw prints all over the place.

When I've finished the pic, (probably tomorrow) I'll post it up with the walkthrough.

Much love

Jane

xxxxx

Comment

Working...
                                X