Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Missing comments on upcoming parole of O. J. Simpson?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missing comments on upcoming parole of O. J. Simpson?

I can't figure this out but Mr. Simpson was able to get the Nevada parole board to release him (after about a decade in prison) in October, but so far there has been no further comments of any type about this on this board. I am ambivalent about it. But I wonder if the lack of comments here is due to a kind of "who cares?" attitude, or that many feel he should just rot where he is. Any feelings on the subject?

Jeff

Hi, Jeff,

Well, I shook my head over the news yesterday. He may have served his time for the robbery of "his stuff", as he called it, but he certainly doesn't need any more media spotlighting than he has already received. Hope he fades away into obscurity.
    Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
    ---------------
    Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
    ---------------

Comment

According the U.S. legal system he is only guilty of the crime for which he is currently imprisoned. If he met the requirements for parole (and apparently he did) then I have no problem with him being released. I still think he is a murderer but he got a trial and was found innocent and we have to accept that verdict whether or not we agree with it.

c.d.

Comment

Originally posted by c.d. View Post
        According the U.S. legal system he is only guilty of the crime for which he is currently imprisoned. If he met the requirements for parole (and apparently he did) then I have no problem with him being released. I still think he is a murderer but he got a trial and was found innocent and we have to accept that verdict whether or not we agree with it.

c.d.
        Agree totally and the victim of the robbery supported his application, that always helps.
        G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

I agree that we have to "accept" the verdict to the extent that nothing can change it, but morally I no more accept a verdict passed by that jury, including one former Panther who smiled at Simpson and gave a black power salute after the verdict, than I would accept the verdict of the jury in To Kill a Mockingbird.

The prosecution did a bad job. They were complacent because the evidence was so overwhelming. The fact that the jury were dumb enough to swallow the tactics of the defence amazes me. The evidence of Simpson's guilt was overwhelming.

Comment

I have to agree with Henry about the 'not guilty' verdict at the double murder trial.

In the immortal words of Edmund Blackadder: he was 'as guilty as a puppy sitting next to a pile of poo!'

Regards
            Herlock
            Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

Working...
            X