Disabled Man Drowns as Teens Laugh and Film Him

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disabled Man Drowns as Teens Laugh and Film Him

A group of Florida teens who taunted a drowning man while filming his death from afar will not be criminally charged, according to police.

c.d.

Lovely little .....
    G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Latest update now says they may well face charges of some sort. Don't know more yet.
      Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
      ---------------
      Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
      ---------------

Comment

Originally posted by Pcdunn View Post
        Latest update now says they may well face charges of some sort. Don't know more yet.
        Be interested to know what they can be charged with.
        G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Maybe a hate crime, since disability/handicapped is a protected category? I'll let you know if I find out for sure.
          ---------------
          Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
          ---------------

Comment

Maybe a hate crime, since disability/handicapped is a protected category? I'll let you know if I find out for sure.
            Thanks, can't think of any crime they'd have committed here, except being #|%~S.
            G U T

Comment

I would put them on a boat, go out into the ocean and throw them over the side. Sit back, crack a few beers and laugh at them. Maybe throw out a few life preservers just out of their reach. Total scum.

c.d.

Comment

A bunch of black teens laugh and mock while a fellow black man drowns.

Kinda makes a mockery of the whole 'Black Lives Matter' movement.

Comment

Criminal charges for teens who witnessed drowning -- failure to report death

Originally posted by GUT View Post
                  Be interested to know what they can be charged with.

They say it's a test case in Florida, because while they have the statue, it has not been used before.

I think it is stupid that we have to legislate basic human decency.

There was a recent story about a Newfoundland dog that jumped in a lake and saved a struggling deer fawn. If humans are less decent than our dumb animals, we are scarcely the pinnacle of the animal kingdom.
                  ---------------
                  ---------------

Comment

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b00e4363df267c

They say it's a test case in Florida, because while they have the statue, it has not been used before.

There was a recent story about a Newfoundland dog that jumped in a lake and saved a struggling deer fawn. If humans are less decent than our dumb animals, we are scarcely the pinnacle of the animal kingdom.
                    1. Animals are not generally dumb

2. The Newfoundland was doing what it had been bred to do.

Friendshad a Newfie (a lot of them actually) they had to be in their kennel before anyone hopped in the pool, or you'd be pulled out, in danger of drowning or not, the instinct to save someone from water is so strongly ingrained in those beautiful dogs.
                    G U T

Comment

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b00e4363df267c

I expect the penalty for not reporting a death is, well, not very harsh.
                      G U T

Comment

Quick look it seems to be a Class 1 Misdemeanor

with penalties of up to one year in jail or 12 months probation, and a $1,000 fine.
                        G U T

Comment

Humpback whales will sometimes defend seals against Orcas. No one knows why they do it, or whether it could be described as altruism.

Comment

I am always saddened when I go to Arlington National Cemetery and see signs that basically say this is a cemetery try not to act like a complete ******* when you are here. Apparently those signs are needed.

c.d.

Comment

Originally posted by GUT View Post
                              1. Animals are not generally dumb

2. The Newfoundland was doing what it had been bred to do.

Friendshad a Newfie (a lot of them actually) they had to be in their kennel before anyone hopped in the pool, or you'd be pulled out, in danger of drowning or not, the instinct to save someone from water is so strongly ingrained in those beautiful dogs.
                              Thanks, Gut.

I meant "dumb" in the older usage to mean without speech, not intelligence.
                              Enjoyed the information on Newfies, very interesting.

Our old cat (18 years old next month) is sick and on medications for an infection. They're going to call Monday with the results of her blood work to see if she has kidney issues (and how bad if so). Our younger cat seems to sense something isn't right, probably due to scent.
                              Interesting.
                              ---------------
                              ---------------

Comment

Working...
                              X