No announcement yet.

Hieronymous Bosch was Jack The Ripper!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, and I came across this too - I wonder what THAT means?

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?q=sal...:429,r:9,s:201

Comment

I think this was when Dali (who was always older than he let on) was called in by Abberline to provide a portrait of Mr Astrakhan based on Hutchinson's description. Unfortunately the language barrier proved too great and the description became somewhat garbled in translation. Abberline hawked the portrait round the area, asking bewildered east enders "Have you seen this man?" but unsurprisingly no one had, except for Packer who claimed to have sold him grapes on 25 different occasions. Abberline got back to Dali and asked him if he'd mind adding a bunch of grapes to the painting, but this provoked a rather temperamental reaction from the artist.

Comment

Is this, I ask you, the face of a dangerous man? Although, come to think of it, that moustache could take someone's eye out.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by The Grave Maurice View Post
          Is this, I ask you, the face of a dangerous man? Although, come to think of it, that moustache could take someone's eye out.
          Yes.

Haven't you ever wondered why tht moustache is so pointy? Almost
          blade-like....

Comment

Originally posted by Robert View Post
            Of course! A brilliant stroke by the murderer, who commits the crimes and then sends a "Dear Bosch" letter to himself, thus simultaneously injecting himself into the case and clearing himself.
            That's priceless Robert! Well done!

Actually, does anyone think those bagpipes might actually be a womb? With ovaries attached?

He could certainly clip a few ears with that knife!

Seriously, I love the work of Bosch. I know some of it is quite dark, but it's just so clever. It's a wonderful pastiche.

I reckon that if Bosch had painted this any time after 1888 (I know, he was about 400 years or so too early and not even in the UK) he would definitely be on the suspect list by the likes of Cornwell. And as this painting demonstrates so well, , you can read anything into a work of art.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert View Post
              But what about the red bagpipes?
              Scotish Fenianism. Plus Streisand is Jewish. Possibly related to Schwartz.

Originally posted by Limehouse View Post
              I reckon that if Bosch had painted this any time after 1888 (I know, he was about 400 years or so too early and not even in the UK) he would definitely be on the suspect list by the likes of Cornwell.
              Pity Picasso came too late to be considered a suspect by Cornwell. Though I can't imagining her affording to buy and destroy a Picasso vs. a Sickert.
              Best regards,
              Maria

Comment

Bosch...didn't he make power tools...electro-ripper!

Comment

Originally posted by Cogidubnus View Post
                  Bosch...didn't he make power tools...electro-ripper!
                  Dave, I've looked really carefully at that painting, and... I can't see any power tools anywhere?

I can see the knife, the ears, Mary Kelly's face, the satellite dish yes. But power tools? Really?

Next you#ll be telling me there are dead dogs and doorknockers too...

Bosch, eh? And to think, it was all Barbara Striesand's fault.

Comment

If anything, the painting makes me think of the Beatles. I believe we can see part of Ringo's drumkit there. Basically the painting shows what would have happened if the Fab Four had allowed Ken Russell to make a film about them. John Lennon is even hiding under a cymbal (Bosch was of course a cymbalist painter).

Comment

Working...
                    X