What Internet Browser Do You Use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Internet Browser Do You Use?

I am embarrassed to say that I am still using Internet Explorer 6. I need to change because I am having too many problems with it not being supported any longer. I have looked at reviews of more recent versions of I.E. as well as Firefox and Google Chrome. They all seem to have supporters and detractors. My basic goal is to pick something that will make the transition from I.E. 6 to whatever I choose without screwing up my computer. Any suggestions as to what I should do?

Thanks.

c.d.

Chrome is the quickest, but I don't like the idea of Google getting access to my comp. (And I'm not just talking cookies.) If you have a PC CD, Firefox is a compatible browser for PCs (though a bit slow). If you have a Mac, tons of cool peeps are still using Safari, which is also not the quickest, but very malleable for setting up personal settings and security.
    Best regards,
    Maria

Comment

I use Mozilla Firefox and I have no complaints.

Comment

Thank you, Maria and Heinrich for your input. Much appreciated.

c.d.

Comment

I too use Firefox and have no pronlems with it...it's actually pretty stable.

Frankly except for the fact that my BTInternet installation needed IE to be present, I wouldn't have it anywhere near my machine!

Comment

I use Explorer 8 with the Yahoo toolbar for tabs.

For youtube or facebook and some download sites, I use Chrome.

At the station we use Firefox.

All of them have strengths and weaknesses.

I'm going to be upgrading to Windows 7 next week, so I'll be able to upgrade to Explorer 9--hopefully it fixes all the bugs in 8
            “Sans arme, sans violence et sans haine”

Comment

I use my front-teeth. It works quite well.

Comment

Working...
              X