No announcement yet.

What happened to Lechmere......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How about these for coincidences that stack up.

John Arnold reported a body in Backchurch Lane two days before it was discovered. John Arnold was living at 2, Harvey's Buildings.

William Wallace Brodie was the self professed killer of Alice McKenzie and the other Whitechapel victims. Brodie was released from prison on August 22nd, 1888 when he took lodging at 2, Harvey's Buildings. Brodie stated he was one of the Whitechapel murderers.

The parcel that was found with bloody drab flannel clothing in September 1888, west end, at the corner of Portland Street and Devonshire was yards from the Portland Street Underground Station and less than a block from the home of Charles Legrand on Charlotte Street. The Portland Street Station was a stop on the railway that ran all the way to the Aldgate East Station.

Charles Legrand had a private detective office in 1889 at Agar street. Walking out the back door practically put you into Harvey's Buildings. They were both in the same block. He was also hired by the Whitechapel Vigilance committee and wrote threatening letters in red ink. His involvement with Matthew Packer is suspect.

Thomas Titley, chemist, was questioned about his involvement in the death of Millie Moodie. Titley was known to be selling abortion drugs. In the cellar of his house on Charlotte Street, was found the body of a dead infant. The infant was covered with chloride of lime.There was a Mr. Titley that worked for Charles Legrand. [testimony of James Hall in Legrand's trial]

Chloride of lime was found on some of the Torso victims. There is speculation that the torso victims may have been botched abortions

A newspaper found with the Whitehall torso was dated August 24th, 1888, two days after the release of Brodie from prison. Brodie left for South Africa two weeks later.

There is a lot more detail with this, but those are coincidences, imo.
    Last edited by jerryd; 01-13-2016, 11:22 PM.

Comment

co·in·cide (kō′ĭn-sīd′)
      intr.v. co·in·cid·ed, co·in·cid·ing, co·in·cides
      1. To occupy the same relative position or the same area in space.
      2. To happen at the same time or during the same period.
      3. To correspond exactly; be identical. See Synonyms at correspond.
      4. To agree exactly, as in opinion; concur.

Charles Lechmere has been pointed out as the Ripper. On a recent thread, 31 points were listed, seemingly underpinning the accusation of guilt.

Either these points ARE real markers of true guilt.

Otherwise, the fact that they all seem to underpin Lechmere´s guilt is nothing but a...

Guess what?

On a separate note, it is enlightening how all the "criticism" against the theory concentrates on matters like these instead of on the theory as such. Take, for example, the point I have been making lately about how Mizens report cannot have been written from a perspective where he was not lied to. It seems nobody is willing to debate that, whereas heaps of people are VERY eager to discuss the semantical implications of different terms. "Close to" the body? "By" the body? "Next to" the body"? How VERY relevant and interesting!

I don´t know, but it seems to me that when no relevant criticism can be raised, people lower themselves to ridiculous nitpicking about other things altogether.

Then again, that could of course be nothing but a coincidence.

Oooopsie!
      Last edited by Fisherman; 01-13-2016, 11:23 PM.

Comment

I hope it's not regarded as ridiculous nitpicking but if Lechmere is a Ripper suspect what and where is the evidence that ties him to any of the other victims besides Polly Nichols, such as the remaining four of the C-5, for instance? If he's the Ripper we surely shouldn't be concentrating on the one murder.

Comment

Originally posted by Fisherman View Post
          That is the usual line of thought when it comes to Kosminski - he murders under the influence of reoccurring psychosis - and he does that silently and without leaving a clue behind, he sneaks in and out unseen - then he suffers a total decline after the Kelly murder, disenabling him to carry on the murders.

It´s quite a story. It makes me think of a line by a musical guru of mine, Steve Earle: "And if you believe that, we´re gonna get along just fine..."

But Lechmere was a normal guy, who lived normally and nicely, who never hurt a fly - and who could never have stopped.

And after all, most of what we discuss here is myth.
          I think there's scant evidence for serial killers suddenly stopping without a major reason, i.e physical/mental decline or incarceration. Of course, Dennis Rader is normally cited as a token example, but even he said he was planning to kill again.

Actually, I'd forgotten to mention Kemper who, remarkably, turned himself in!
          Last edited by John G; 01-14-2016, 01:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by John G View Post
            I think there's scant evidence for serial killers suddenly stopping without a major reason, i.e physical/mental decline or incarceration. Of course, Dennis Rader is normally cited as a token example, but even he said he was planning to kill again.

Kemper.....is the one that was like 6ft 8, but also had a very high IQ? (scary combination for a serial killer or what!)

Comment

Originally posted by evertonmarc View Post
              Kemper.....is the one that was like 6ft 8, but also had a very high IQ? (scary combination for a serial killer or what!)
              Not sure about his height, but IQ was reported to be 145, which is pretty high. But then Ted Bundy was said to have an IQ of 136, but then he introduced himself to one of his victims by saying, "Hi, my name's Ted", using his real name , in front of witnesses, and in broad daylight! Oh, and he also used his own car for the abduction!

Comment

Not sure about his height, but IQ was reported to be 145, which is pretty high. But then Ted Bundy was said to have an IQ of 136, but then he introduced himself to one of his victims by saying, "Hi, my name's Ted", using his real name , in front of witnesses, and in broad daylight! Oh, and he also used his own car for the abduction!
                Big difference between, IQ ability to plan and common sense.

Some get more than one most only one.

Then many high IQ people have other issues, lack of empathy, giant egos mental "illness".

They function in a different sphere than mere "mortals".
                G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Originally posted by evertonmarc View Post
                  I thought that was Flemming?
                  G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Originally posted by GUT View Post
                    Big difference between, IQ ability to plan and common sense.

Some get more than one most only one.

Then many high IQ people have other issues, lack of empathy, giant egos mental "illness".

They function in a different sphere than mere "mortals".
                    I think many serial killer's develop a sense of arrogance, viewing themselves as criminal masterminds and the police as idiots. I think JtR may well have fallen into this category, which would help to explain the serious risks he was prepared to take.

In fact, the criminologist Professor David Wilson described serial killers as "very arrogant people", although, as we know, you don't have to be a serial killer to fall into that category!
                    Last edited by John G; 01-14-2016, 02:12 AM.

Comment

I think there's scant evidence for serial killers suddenly stopping without a major reason, i.e physical/mental decline or incarceration. Of course, Dennis Rader is normally cited as a token example, but even he said he was planning to kill again.!
                      There`s scant evidence, John, because they`ve stopped.
                      We only know about the ones that were caught !!

He`d just killed his mum in their house, so it was only a matter if time when the police picked him up. He was hardly going to get away with it and blend into the crowd.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Guy View Post
                        There`s scant evidence, John, because they`ve stopped.
                        We only know about the ones that were caught !!

He`d just killed his mum in their house, so it was only a matter if time when the police picked him up. He was hardly going to get away with it and blend into the crowd.
                        Hi Jon,

Yes, good point. There must be a number of serial killers who are never caught, and we are clearly not entitled to assume that they all became caged in asylums, or died, or became incapacitated in some other way.

Good point about Kemper too. In fact, wasn't it just his mother's murder he confessed to, not the co-ed murders?

Comment

I think many serial killer's develop a sense of arrogance, viewing themselves as criminal masterminds and the police as idiots. I think JtR may well have fallen into this category, which would help to explain the serious risks he was prepared to take.

In fact, the criminologist Professor David Wilson described serial killers as "very arrogant people", although, as we know, you don't have to be a serial killer to fall into that category!
                          Yep arrogant egotistical I'll accept either
                          G U T

Comment

Originally posted by Ben View Post
                            Chop it in half, and smother it with prawns and paprika mayonnaise, obviously.

Didn't realise the ripper met the same fate.
                            Couldn't agree with you more, Ben.

Never thought I'd say that, did you?

Love,

Caz
                            X
                            "Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov

Comment

Originally posted by Rosella View Post
                              I hope it's not regarded as ridiculous nitpicking but if Lechmere is a Ripper suspect what and where is the evidence that ties him to any of the other victims besides Polly Nichols, such as the remaining four of the C-5, for instance? If he's the Ripper we surely shouldn't be concentrating on the one murder.
                              Here's a good place to start.

The Lechmere trail - so far
                              http://forum.casebook.org/showthread.php?t=9056

For all the Lechmere threads:

Lechmere/Cross, Charles
                              http://forum.casebook.org/forumdisplay.php?f=137

Comment

Couldn't agree with you more, Ben.
                                Glad to hear it, Caz!

I can only assume that was what Pierre was suggesting, unless he's more of a minced beef and cheese man.

All the best,
                                Ben

Comment

Working...
                                X